Questions About the Academy VF-2ss

LocoMacross

I have the Bandai vf-2ss, but the other day I found at a hobby store this Academy VF-2ss, to my surprise the quality seems pretty good, anybody with experience on this model, the instructions are in color it doesn't look like a bootleg

I have the Bandai vf-2ss, but the other day I found at a hobby store this Academy VF-2ss, to my surprise the quality seems pretty good, anybody with experience on this model, the instructions are in color it doesn't look like a bootleg

I've heard rumors of an Academy VF-2SS for a long time, but I've never actually seen one. Can you post photos of the box and the kit?

Graham

AFAIK, the Academy is considered a Korean bootleg of the Bandai VF-2SS kit. That's what it says in the MW model section too.

(seventh one down)

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...ootleg_main.htm

I have unbuilt kits of both the Bandai and Academy at home. I bought the Academy off eBay from MW member rkiyo. From what I saw when I got it, the only thing different is that the sprue of grey part was almost black and the sprue of green parts were a different shade too, but for the most part, everything was pretty much the same. I'm not 100% (going by a faint memory), but I'll let you all know when I get home, and if I can scrounge up a digi-cam from one of my friends, I'll try and post pics too.

Edited by tom64ss

I've heard rumors of an Academy VF-2SS for a long time, but I've never actually seen one. Can you post photos of the box and the kit?

Graham

Man-how many times do I have to say it

The site is MORE than just the forums

geeez

:lol::lol::lol:

Hey Shawn,

Don't go too hard on the new guys. I'm sure the Graham guy is still familiarizing himself with the site. LOL!!!

Carl

Graham

Man-how many times do I have to say it

The site is MORE than just the forums

geeez

:lol::lol::lol:

Newbies... :lol:

Oh well, maybe he thought that Academy is not a bootleger company. Are you sure this a bootleg of the Bandai kit or it is just an authorized copy??

At least on MW is on the bootleg section, but I heard good things from other members recommending Academy, when I bought it, I was not expecting too much about this kit, but then after I saw all the Macross logos and trademarks, plus the quality of the kit, Is that I start asking about this Academy Kit, but the MW position is that is a bootleg

B))