I need a Sega Saturn Emulator

Father Jack

I hooked mine up to my ancient stereo and now it serves as my cd player, and the controller reaches all the way to my bedside 

:lol:

Yeah I don't think the emulators are going to work. I did find something called Dreamcast sega saturn boot disk. Does anybody know anything about this. I don't think this will work either. So it looks like I will have to buy a Saturn.

Oh well. :rolleyes:

I hooked mine up to my ancient stereo and now it serves as my cd player, and the controller reaches all the way to my bedside 

:lol:

Yeah I don't think the emulators are going to work. I did find something called Dreamcast sega saturn boot disk. Does anybody know anything about this. I don't think this will work either. So it looks like I will have to buy a Saturn.

Oh well. :rolleyes:

ohhh... a dreamcast saturn boot? Thats a dc thing I don't have yet. Where did you find it? I'll happily test it out for you ;)

That "saturn boot disk" very likely doesn't do what the name implies.

The DC isn't backwards-compatible, and it's lacking the horsepower to emulate the Saturn.

BTW, last I checked, the PS1 version of DYRL was on one of the iMacross servers.

And in a quite rare event for a sprite/tile game, the PS1 version is supposed to be better, as they added some diffuiculty from the Saturn version(which was supposed to be something of a pushover).

Though it shouldn't be run in ePSXe. PSXeven is better for that game, as there's a bug in ePSXe that makes the game unbeatable(one boss refuses to enter).

It refuses to enter on PSXeven too, but dropping a bomb knocks some sense into the emulator.

Edited by JB0

I've got a modded playstation so it wouldn't be a problem. And yeah I figured the boot disk wouldn't work. Thanks for all the help I'm still gonna try and get my hands on a Saturn, but thanks for all the info JBO. :)

No prob.

And in a quite rare event for a sprite/tile game, the PS1 version is supposed to be better, as they added some diffuiculty from the Saturn version(which was supposed to be something of a pushover).

The PS1 version is actually inferior compared to the Saturn version.

- Lower video quality. Instead or working from the masters, it looks like Bandai just re-encoded the Saturn .avi's to Sony's .str format.

- No stereo output, the game is in mono with no option for stereo. Oddly enough, if you rip the FMV's to a computer, they <I>will</I> playback in stereo. Must've been a software oversight when porting the game.

- There's a minor sound fx bug if you fire the gattling gun for a few seconds, you'll hear a brief "reeeeoooo" sound, this was not present in the Saturn version (nor the anime).

- Difficulty is subjective, imo. I beat both games and didn't notice any increase or decrease in difficulty. Could just be that I'm a beast gamer. :p

Other than that, both games are completely identical.

Ooh, at last, soebody else who has the actual CD of the game.

OK, do you think you can manage scanning the story pages of the instruction booklet? I just want to clear up the whole "fate of the megaroad" thing once and for all.

Supposedly, in the manual it tells us that Misa & gang disappeared into a black hole or something random like that, but no-one has ever (to my knowledge) provided scans of the text to analyse.

OK, do you think you can manage scanning the story pages of the instruction booklet? I just want to clear up the whole "fate of the megaroad" thing once and for all.

Which version are you looking for? I still have my Saturn version, but I sold the PSX port a few months ago. Didn't make much sense having the same game twice, so I sold the lesser of the two.