for those of you who own a destroid conv kit

Eternal_D

ok but what are they? are they full kits or kits to convert the already existing frame between the 3 defender,tomahawk,and phalanx? i have done alot of serching and have not seen these things before. i like destroids and would like some good well detailed ones. i have a 72 scale defender and wouldnt mind 3 in the same scle.

A full recast of this kit would be impossible. There are parts glued together and other parts that are not held together not by screws, like the elbow for the Tomahawk. :(

The best we could do is to recast the skeleton part..

They made an ARII kit that is 1/100 scale that would match the conversion kit. I don't know about the quality.

ar-304-5box.jpg

Edited by >EXO<

I am a bit confused EXO ,You know how there is not a Gladiator in the conversion kit made by Takatoku ?Well, I wish they had this one as part of the kit.and I wish to see one,from scratch, that works with the skeleton.If you hadn't already told me this.

Edited by geecie30

that spartan conversion's gonna be impossible :(

although the groin armor may lead you to belive they 'forgot' to include the spartan in the conversion kit, the spartan is actually a completely different destroid.

i had a model of the spartan, it's gone now :( but back then, i had the chance to have it stand side by side with the conversion kit... look at them carefully, start with the feet...

that spartan conversion's gonna be impossible :(

although the groin armor may lead you to belive they 'forgot' to include the spartan in the conversion kit, the spartan is actually a completely different destroid.

i had a model of the spartan, it's gone now :( but back then, i had the chance to have it stand side by side with the conversion kit... look at them carefully, start with the feet...

Conversion? I meant for him to buy one and build it.. not put it on the skeleton... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you un marine,for your baco bits of insight to the salad of life, but wouldn't it be neat if some one just tried it :D so please twist the posibilities.Make the dream real,because with out a dream you cant have a dream come true :huh:

Pleeeeease!!

Also Exo,sorry to disrupt your train of thought and thread but it was just an idea that popped into my mind spun off from the whole destroid grain

Whats more is that they really arent that far apart Structurally

post-4-1106207637_thumb.jpg

Edited by geecie30

Thank you un marine,for your baco bits of insight to the salad of life, but wouldn't it be neat if some one just tried it :D so please twist the posibilities.Make the dream real,because with out a dream you cant have a dream come true :huh:

Pleeeeease!!

Also Exo,sorry to disrupt your train of thought and thread but it was just an idea that popped into my mind spun off from the whole destroid grain

I got a conversion kit recently, and the legs make all the difference. There doesn't seem to be an accurate way to attach any Spartan leg pieces (in particular the feet) to the standard conversion kit endoskeleton. You have to do some serious customizing to the endoskeleton itself for it to work, but then you've lost its universality as it will no longer be compatible with the other three destroids. Therefore, there's no point.

Unless you want a modified endoskeleton recast which will fit ONLY the Spartan armour, which you have to make from scratch anyway.

At the end of the day, you end up with just a basic Spartan kit anyway, so why not just get the model kit? They do them in 1/100, right?

EDIT -- While we're at it, does Takatoys do reproduction decals for the Conversion Kit? 'Cause mine didn't come with any. If not, are you considering doing those, too (since you mentioned you may do leg armours too)?

Edited by Renato

:blink::blink:

The Spartan is VERY different structurally from the other Destroids.. take a close look at the hips, arms and legs.

You *can* do a conversion set I guess, but it would probably be out-of-scale with the rest of the conversion sets.. but I let the others who has actually handled a conversion kit speak from experience.

Ok ,Ok all Iam saying is that the pelvis and torso upwards are structurally similar and since some one wants to make the skelleton so that all can be displayed why not if possible ,make a skelleton that can have the legs come off or at the knee area and atach the armor plate over these said legs.

Thanks

it's just a matter of two screws on the feet for changing this most radically different impediment

post-4-1106269655_thumb.jpg

Edited by geecie30

Ok ,Ok all Iam saying is that the pelvis and torso upwards are structurally similar and since some one wants to make the skelleton so that all can be displayed why not if possible ,make a skelleton that can have the legs come off or at the knee area and atach the armor plate over these said legs.

Thanks

it's just a matter of two screws on the feet for changing this most radically different impediment

Sounds like a project maybe you should try sculpting, and then having someone recast...

That would really take the conversion part out of the conversion kit... :lol:

Anyway, if it's that easy, feel free to take on the project... ;)

ditto. :lol:

what one suggests someone else should do, and what one is actually willing to do themselves, are two different things. ;)

i'd love to have one but its easier for you and everyone else to just buy a 1/100 kit(more detailed than any cast is going to be) and paint it yourself. it would be kind of ridiculous to make someone do all that work of sculpting and casting so a handful of us can buy a destroid non-conversion kit.

the endo-skeleton on the other hand is quite useful and will sell better, since anyone thats got a DCK will by atleast 2, i know i will cause i just got my DCK today and i want 2. :p:D:lol:

That would really take the conversion part out of the conversion kit...  :lol:

Anyway, if it's that easy, feel free to take on the project... ;)

ditto. :lol:

what one suggests someone else should do, and what one is actually willing to do themselves, are two different things. ;)

i'd love to have one but its easier for you and everyone else to just buy a 1/100 kit(more detailed than any cast is going to be) and paint it yourself. it would be kind of ridiculous to make someone do all that work of sculpting and casting so a handful of us can buy a destroid non-conversion kit.

the endo-skeleton on the other hand is quite useful and will sell better, since anyone thats got a DCK will by atleast 2, i know i will cause i just got my DCK today and i want 2. :p:D:lol:

I would not buy two skeletons if the shared groin and leg pieces are not included, though.

• 3 months later...

I don't think this will ever come to light... to much issues when it comes to loose joints using resin. Its entirely possible to do it, but the work that'll go into making it is just not worth it... we would have to redo some parts to accept ball joints and plastic washers. Hopefully someone else does it...

besides... everyone is working on other projects... come to MWCon and you'll be glad this project took a dive... We're not getting those extra Millia heads either which I wanted badly for my stupid headless Millia CMs figure... BTW... no Max CM figure??? That really pisses me off.

damn EXO you are THE bearer of bad news aren't you?....everyone shoot the messenger! ;):p:lol:

i heard through the grapevine that there will be a really cool mac+ accessory which i'm sure will please everyone. :) and i know Eternal_D's 1D will be there.

so what else is going to be showcased? i know you dont' want to give away too much info, but i'm all the way here on the east coast so theres no real way for me to see/buy any of the cool stuff you guys are bring out until after its over....when everything is sold. :(