Yammie 1/48 inacurate?

brainiac_08

I just felt the mood to watch DYRL the other day, and i noticed that Roy's heatshield was not black, it was yellow :huh::blink:

does anyone else notice this, or is it just me

J.J.

Yamato Valkyries are accurate (so are Bandai's) since Studio Nue and Big West would approve of the color designs before production is OK'ed.

I always thought the Yellow heat shield looked really good on Roy though. The color coordination made sense but the cool factor of the black heatshield can't be ignored. There was a long discussion about color matched heatshields in the thread about Max's VF-1S heatshield. DYRL showed it as black but "officially", its blue.

Animation errors.

Edited by Neova

I just felt the mood to watch DYRL the other day, and i noticed that Roy's heatshield was not black, it was yellow :huh::blink:

J.J.

That is an animation error. It is only yellow in one short scene.

Graham

I just felt the mood to watch DYRL the other day, and i noticed that Roy's heatshield was not black, it was yellow 

I'm really happy that Roy's heat shield is black... cuz if it was yellow, he'd be a yellow bellied drunk.

I just felt the mood to watch DYRL the other day, and i noticed that Roy's heatshield was not black, it was yellow 

I'm really happy that Roy's heat shield is black... cuz if it was yellow, he'd be a yellow bellied drunk.

:lol::lol::lol:

I always thought the Yellow heat shield looked really good on Roy though. The color coordination made sense but the cool factor of the black heatshield can't be ignored.

You can't say that a yellow heatshield is any more colour co-ordinated then a black shield since the tail fins have the white skull on black background too.

I should have clarified - color coordinated against the rest of the team: Max with Blue heatshield, Hikaru with Red and Kakikazi with Green from DYRL.

Here is a reference. I know, NOT official but cool looking nevertheless. Sigh... I need to budget for another 1/48 to have this "variant". :D

Sept 2002 Hobby Japan

hj02-sept-page-3.jpg

Edited by Neova

That's a much longer cycle than many other topics.

Anyway, I hate the yellow heat shield. Not enough contrast, and too graphically "distant" from the twin inspirations: the Jolly Rogers USN squadron, and the pirate's Jolly Roger skull & crossbones flag. OTOH, I like the Hikaru red heat shield; I think the Max blue one is okay, and a green Kakizaki would also probably not be bad (although more likely he has a bullseye on his shield!)

Wasn't there a thread about this exact topic about two months ago???

Yes it was me. I was asking about Max's heatshield color b/c I was doing a custom for my Max 1/48 VF-1S. It started a debate because I did not know which was right to make the custom. Now, I am done which was easy changing parts. Now I need to paint the arrows on the VF-1S head as blue.