1/48 gundam gerbera build up....

mslz22

IM001091.jpg

Thought this may be cool for you guys and gals to check out, see the size difference next to a Yammie 1/48, this is a build up for Chris B. (hope he does not mind me posting) i will post some pics as i go if people are interested. this is the Gsystem 1/48 gerbera with the full weapons set, lots of parts.

mike

Please, please PLEASE post more pics - I would love to see this baby in progress - or even just complete.

And Chris - I know you'll read this thread eventually - when are you going to take pics of your collection?! I know you have plenty of stuff like this gracing your shelves - share man!

The official yammie count is 16, whew...here is a couple more pics, not all the parts just a nice overview of the parts in various states of detailing. I post shade my panels so most of the detail will come out later on.....

IM001092.jpg

the kit comes with 2 guns and 2 sheilds, those other things I think are fueling pods, not sure though...

Mike,

I'm glad you started the thread, thank you! I also appreciate you building this awesome kit for me. :D I'm a huge Gundam fan. Macross is my first love, but Gundam offers so many different designs, and there are quite a few awesome resin kits available.

All I can say is, "Wow!!!" You are doing a great job on this kit. You just got to love that great big rifle. You are my hero!

fulcy,

Thank you for pointing me to this thread.

I'll be looking forward to seeing Mike post updates. I just love to follow along.

Yeah, I've had few people mention that I need to post pictures and I will.

Life has been hectic due to our moves because of my job, but hopefully things have settled down, and I can unpack all of my stuff without fear of having to repack it again anytime soon.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

I count 11 Valks in that photo and 1 Gundam. Truly, that is they way life should be, Valks outnumbering Gundams :p

Graham,

Well in all fairness, Mike has (11) valkyries displayed, because that is how many it will take to at least give the 1/48 GP04 Gerbera a small workout, and maybe break a sweat.

It's amazing that a 1/48 Yamato is only at crotch height to the GP04, but then again that is rather fitting. :p

Mike promises more pictures to come, and this baby is our next project. I got a good deal on it, considering the price of these damn resin kits:

1/48 RX-78-2 GUNDAM (EIYUU-TAN VERSION)

rx78eiyuutann.JPG

No, I'm definitely not rich or anything like that. Just a normal working stiff, who gets up before the sun comes up, and works to put food on the table for me, my wife and (2) kids. I'm just lucky that I have an understanding wife who lets me indulge in the fact that I never want to grow up. Collecting Macross, Gundam and etc. is a lot of fun and then we get to share it with each other. :D

I love the resin kits because of the detail, size and rarity.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Hello,

If any of you guys/girls want to buy Gundam and/or Five Star Stories resin kits, I highly recommend my good friend Roy. He is very prompt, courteous, honest, and he is knowledgeable about the items he is selling.

Here is the link:

Resin Kits

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Mechamaniac,

Good guestion, but if you look at the picture above, you can see that the RX-78-2 is in several different poses, and I'm sure that more are possible. Unless they built and painted a separate 1/48 for every picture, they are definitely poseable.

From what I've seen, you can either build them in one pose, allow some joints to move, or modify them to be fully poseable. Obviously some kits are intended when designed to be a certain way, but using available after market parts/joint, these awesome resin kits can be made to assume various poses.

We are talking resin here, but you can definitely build a resin Gundam kit so that you can pose it at will. It's all you up to you and what you want. ;)

A friend of mine told me before he died (Tony of Xerogravity), that he had been commissioned to convert a customer's 1/48 G-System Gundam so that all of the joints were poseable. Who knows what happened to the project though.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

The one that i am building for Chris here could be a bit poseable but it would be difficult and would require some time to be truely poesable and sturdy at the same time.. for example the knee is not really designed with a ball joint or any joint, just 2 flat pieces of resin that lock in together. parts of the upper arm have a ball joint but the joint does not lock it, it is only a loose fit that seems designed to be glued. You could have some poseablilty by utilizing brass pins instead of gluing the joints but it would be limited and may not be sturdy because of the weight.

mike

This baby just arrived in the mail:

1-72-Barzam-ad1.JPG

Came with nice color photographs of the completed model from different angles to help with painting, color decals, and 3D exploded assembly drawings just like the Bandai MG models.

Top notch, and the cast is perfect. They even included small holes where brass rods can be used to increase sturdiness.

Imagine the Gundam FIX Figure Mark II Titans/Barzam, but in 1/72 scale and a ton of detail.

G-System makes the best kits I've ever seen.

I'm having the RX-78-2 mailed directly to Mike, to save me from having to pay shipping twice. He should have it within a couple of days.

Hello Mike,

Everything is looking great!

Don't get mad at me, because I know you were probably going to do it anyway, but the little anchor/arrow thing on the right shield should be painted yellow.

I was not sure, so I checked the G-System site and verified, but like I said you probably just haven't had time to do it yet.

The color blue you are using is perfect.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

What are you doing for the panel lining? Is that a wash?, or did you do some pre-shading etc?

Also, how much might a build up job like this cost the average joe??

Right now it is a straight oil wash with no pre shading, most of the pics that Chris showed me the panel lines do not have any real "shading" around the panel lines so i made it pretty clean and will give the option to Chris to shade it at this stage. I can't comment on how much Chris and I agreed to for this one, but to give you an idea I will likely have 70-80 hours in to this by the end of the project so I don't know if could do it for less than $400.00, that is really only $5.00 an hour! the thing about this kit is that there was 180 + resin parts that all needed to be individually cleaned up (seam lines), 2 primary colors, a half dozen other colors in different places, 2 sheilds, 2 guns, a ton of details, most of the parts needed to be pinned to make it sturdy.....whew!!!! lots of work........and a huge model to boot, i've never used more paint on a single model.