Would Bandai ever make a SOC macross toy?

Protoplast

What do you think the chances of Bandai ever making a Soul of Chogokin toy for Macross?

Maybe a small SDF1 or a 1/72 scale transformable VF-1S...

I have so many SOC toys such as the Evangelion, Mazingers, and just wished they could make like a DanCougar sized VF-1S Valkryie.

Would be sweet, I would be worried about paint chips... the pics of the SOC eva unit 02 in the booklet showed the paint around the elbo all chipped off and since then, I've been kinda anal around it... and with all the folding pieces on a valk design, could forsee much chipping.. unless it was locked into battroid mode. but if it was a nice sculpt I would be happy with that.

No thanks, Bandai can keep their super heavy, ultra high detail uber expensive and FREAKING MINISCULE zillion dollar SOC's.

I likes em big.

Mechamaniac's a size queen. :lol:

Sad to say, I agree with them completely... if those EVA figs were about a foot tall... how much would they rock?

Sad to say, I agree with them completely... if those EVA figs were about a foot tall... how much would they rock?

A Jumbo Machinder would step on it :lol:

Yeah, but it'd be made of girly plastic and the foot-tall die-cast EVA would laugh at it. ;)

I have been asking for this for long ass time but as many of you know it has not happened.

IOf anything bandai is KNOWN for late ass timing when it comes to macross. The bandai or takatoku valks...everyone wanted the things(remember when a joon valk on ebay got us excited?) back before the yamato valks came out

but fast forward to 2001 and the yammies come out and the bandais follow suit

see if the bandais had come out maybe a year or 2 earlie they would have done MUCH better than they did coming out after yamatos VF-1 line.

so If there is a SOC i bet it will come out when you least expect it.

It kinda makes me sad, you know... between all the colour variations of evangelions, they could throw us macross fans a bone once in a while.

While a SOC valkyrie would be cool I would even be happy with a perfect grade valkyrie model.... mmmmm, perfect grade.

I know Bandai is very capable of a solid and thoughfully-designed transforming Macross VF toy - IF they want to. But looking at the old M7 valks, and their recent Takatoku reissues, it seems to me that anything in their job dockets that is more expensive than gashapons, will automatically tell them to go half-hearted on it.

If anyone wants to see a SOC level Macross toy, expect nothing short of a miracle.

i'm not really craving bandai valk SOCs to me the valk SOCs are the yamato 1/48s

these thing are quite possibly the best vf-1 toys around and it'll take bandai alot of effort to top the 1/48 transformation gimmick [effort their really not willing to excert]

i mean i collect socs but i really just can't picture a valk that could be better executed than yamato's 1/48

besides i think bandai's idea of valk socs were the takatoku reissues.

i think bandai has given up on macross cause it feel its not worth they're while to compete with yamato dollarwise

actually even if they end up making a valk soc i'm passing cause i'm determined to get every single 1/48 vf-1 ever released by yamato just got my 6th one today the vf-1j :)