1/100 VA-3 Invader (Transformable kit)

robomatt

Does anyone have one of these kits? Any pictures of the completed model (other than a picture from the SHE website)? I love that this kit looks so different from the typical VF1 fighters.

This is the Studio Half Eye kit by the way... Is there a review of it on the web?

This kit is cool!

Edited by robomatt

Throw me a frikkin bone!!! :rolleyes:

I guess everybody else is in the same boat as I am and hesitates to spend so much money on a kit that really takes alot of skill and work (and paint).

Doesn't anyone that comes to this site have the kit? :huh:

All Right Dr. Evil,

I can't throw you much of a freakin bone, but here is my input.

Do you actually own the kit, or are you planning to buy one?

I recently ordered one for myself. Wasn't cheap at over $200.00 with shipping, but I'm a resin kit fanatic.

All I know is that SHE makes awesome kits, that are engineering wonders to some extent, as far as resin goes. Exposed attachment devices tend to be the drawback as well as being resin, but no one else that I know of has released a VA-3 Invader or the VF-5000B and armor kit, which I really want also.

I'm not sure if I will build the kit or ask someone else to, but I will try to post pictures of the parts and so forth.

If someone else builds it for me, I'll ask them to post pictures for others to see.

Like you I would love to see a review and pictures of a completed VA-3.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

lol, it may have powerful guns in VF-X2, but it flies like old people screw.... slow and sloppy. I think in "Operation Pinnochio" (I *think* that's the half-underwater, half-ground level where you're required to use it), I'd rather have just about any other valkyrie. It looks cool as hell, and it's plenty powerful, but I'd HATE to be stuck with it in a dogfight... (then again, once you get the enemy in front of you, the fight would pretty much be over... IF YOU COULD GET THEM THERE....). They could've chosen a better paint-scheme to use (unless you ENJOY flying a purple valkyrie), but that's all my personal preference.

Hey, nice site, can now look at all the kits.

One question, may be out of topic. Why does SHE kits looks much better than Yamato's ones? I noticed that the YF-19 looks much better than Yamato's one, especially the tidy rear (where the shield sits) in fighter mode. The VF-11 also looked much better in battoroid.

I thought Yamato's Macross Plus series was based on SHE kits? No? :unsure:

Only to a point, Yamato had to make certain alterations to make the design stronger as a toy (and even then were only moderately successful). I think they did well for trying to follow SHE's designs, but I think they might've been better off building their own from scratch.

Remember, SHE kits look nice, but they aren't close to a toy in terms of durability.

A red VA-3...COOOL!! :o

Thanks for all the information. I had never noticed that the legs on the battroid are not as humanoid looking as the fighters.

I have not bought this kit yet. But I will have it as soon. I hope my modeling skills are up to the task. I have put together a couple of perfect grade Gundam models so my modeling skills are ok...I have never worked with resin, drilled holes in the material, or used putty to fill in little problem areas.

Completing the kit would be fun if I don't mess it up. I cannot express how much I love the design of this kit.

ChristopherB, Please by all means share your building experience with us once you get the kit. Maybe you can do a review for us.

I geuss no one has done a review of this kit in English.. I am sure that someone here would know if there was one out there. :ph34r:

Hello,

Hobby Link Japan shipped out my VA-3 yesterday, so I should have it fairly soon.

I'm not sure if I will build it or commission someone else to, but either way a review and progress photographs will be posted so people can follow along.

I would love to get my hands on the 1/100 VF-4G and 1/100 VF-5000B and armor set.

Thank you to everyone that posted the great links.

I'm not sure who made the transformable VF-1's pictured. They look like 1/100 scale.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Crap!!! :o

They ran out!

I am sure there is another site on the web that has one. Since they are dicontinued it is a goog idea to buy one now.

I thought Melissa would have one of these kits by now since she is the almighty owner of all that is cool in the world. :lol: Well, I don't feel so bad now.

I suggest doing a Google search. :ph34r: