anyone has an idea what version this is?

Rob

Actually after looking at your pics some more it might be a 1.5. Do the tailwings fold along the outside leg? That was changed in the 2.0 version so that could only fold inwards. Also is the sticker sheet precut or not. IIRC, version 1 and 1.5 were not precut.

Edited by dejr8bud

Why is there a difference in value between YF-19 1st, 1.5 and 2nd? and what about the YF-19a? I figure the newer editions would fetch more since they have fixes which are more desirable.

Or is it just nostalgia?

I think it has to do more with people wanting the very first release of an item, regardless of design flaws, as long as it is unbroken. I liken it to the value of 1982 GI Joe figures with straight arms vs. 1982/83 GI Joe figures with swivle-arms. Yes, the swivel-arm version of Snake-Eyes is more desirable over the straight-arm version for playing with, but if you had both carded...I can almost guarantee that the straight-arm version would yield a higher price on the market...mainly because it was the first to be released.

I don't know that nostalgia factors too heavily when it comes to the Yamato YF-19 as the fixed versions were released very shortly after the complaints concerning "Tab-B" were made.

Yeah, that's a 1.5.

Bad paint chipping on the lower leg though.

Graham

Yup, that is some pretty noticible paint damage. I made a custom mix of acrylic paints that matches the Yamato YF-19 tan almost perfectly with same amount of gloss as well. The only bad thing with paint chips like that is that even if you painted over those spots...you would still be able to see the chip lines on close inspection.