War of the Worlds

First, I really enjoyed both the book and the original 50's movie.

Second, I would like to see a well-made remake. Moreso than a sequel to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Third, Hollywood churns out a busload of movies every month. I'm sure the number of those movies that are remakes of older movies is actually a low percent... much lower, in fact, than the percentage that is all the low-brow toilet-humor "comedies" targeted at the teenage audience.

Fourth, Minority Report was a good film, so we don't need to start going "Aw man, Speilburg and Cruise?!" Moreover, Minority Report was an adaptation of a short story by Philip K. Dick, so we don't need to go "Aw, man, a movie based on a book?" either.

IF he makes it closer to the tone of the original it might be good.one thing the book didn't have the christian overtones like 1953 movie due to the fact H.G. Wells was against organized religon.I still say the radio show was the best adaption.But Minority Report sucked dick majorly.I know it's the umpteenth billionth time i've said it so i have doubts about the cruise/speilberg combo.And to be honest I felt A.I. didn't get it's fair due.Jude Law should've got an oscar nod for his role.

Yeah... I'm not sure if Spielberg is the guy to do it... or Cruise... but I like the premise of it being set towards the original novel...

I thought the TV show was kinda cool as a kid. Then they went and killed everyone in one episode and you could tell production "values" (such as they were) took a crap.

The problem I have with Tom Cruise is that his scripts tend suck up all the attn. for himself, more so than other big stars. I mean, he took over the Mission:Impossible franchise and killed all the major characters just so he could end up as James Bond. Mission:Impossible was a team based show and tht was what was so cool about it. I'm surprised that Ken Watanabe even got the acknowledgement that he did.

I agree with you on these movies, but they are not recent. The youngest of these movies was made in 1987, 17 years ago

I think someone made a typo!. Star Wars was 1977, not 1987.

The 1953 War of the Worlds movie is my favorite of the classic science fiction of the '50s To this day, the Martians in that movie still give me the creeps!!

I remember the the TV series. The biggest annoyance to me was the fact that the world was nearly destroyed by the Martians, yet nobody remembers it happening? Did I miss an episode or something where they explain why nobody remembers such a significant event?

I agree with you on these movies, but they are not recent. The youngest of these movies was made in 1987, 17 years ago

I think someone made a typo!. Star Wars was 1977, not 1987.

I was referring to the movie Robocop. Out of the three mentioned. Robocop was the last one made. It was released in 1987. This is what I meant by the youngest movie of the three.