Super Robot Taisen Alpha

Prons

im not sure if this is the right palce for it, but its got macross in it, so has anyone played Super robot taisen alpha for PSx\dreamcast? id like to get it but i cant find the burnable file...

You could, I duno, BUY it?

www.ncsx.com has it.

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/SLPS-91408.html <- PS rerelease

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/SLPS-02636.html <- Ps original release

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/T-20602M.html <- Dreamcast release

I bought the Dreamcast version off eBay for $20, used a cheat disc to get it to work . . . and I've played through the Real Robot route (perfectly legit, although the cheat disc is useless to use for cheating on imports anyways) via DC ending (fav. units include a Armored Valk w/ Focker, Shin Getter, GunBuster, Huckie III w/ gunner, Eva-02, Z, ZZ, Gp03, Nu, Valcione R, Max and Millia, the SRX Team and Ingram . . . ). Still need to play the Super Robot route.

Edited by Wing Commander Chen

I bought the PS1 Release for 32 USD and got to like mission 60~ almost beat the game but my memory card messed up and everything got deleted on it <_<

But this game is REALLY awesome I bought it and its sequel Alpha Gaiden and Am waiting for Alpha 2 (for the PS2) in the mail even though it has no macross.

If you like giant robots and cool twist of stradegy and rpg's get this. I mean who wouldn't want to play a game where you have Skull Squad fighiting along side with Mazinger-Z, Getter Robo, the EVA units, Some gundams, Combattler V, and the SRX squad (man their music is cool) Against the Zentradi armada and the forces of Zeon.

In other words GET THIS GAME NOW along with its two sequels Alpha Gaiden and Alpha 2. And heck you may even want to get the other 10 billion when you play alpha.

BTW- My avatar is Billvine from SRW@

Edited by bob joe mac

I'm a SRW newbie (only one I have is for the Wonderswan), so could one of you guys tell me which ones have the Macross units in them or are best overall? Preferably for Dreamcast or PS1, don't have a PS2 yet.

Alpha and Alpha Gaiden ONLY, as I understand it.

But ya gotta love any game where you can unload your choice of super robot whoop-ass on your choice of cannon fodder.

Too bad Golion(AKA lion Voltron) is so utterly forgotten over there. I'd love to slice some stuff up with teh sword, just for the memories.

I'm a SRW newbie (only one I have is for the Wonderswan), so could one of you guys tell me which ones have the Macross units in them or are best overall? Preferably for Dreamcast or PS1, don't have a PS2 yet.

SRWD, which was released somewhat recent, has Macross 7 in it (VF-22s, VF-17s, VF-19s, the Macross 7, a VF-11 Full Armored, a VF-11, a VF-1J, and Sound Force are all units).

SRWD, which was released somewhat recent, has Macross 7 in it (VF-22s, VF-17s, VF-19s, the Macross 7, a VF-11 Full Armored, a VF-11, a VF-1J, and Sound Force are all units).

Interesting. What's D on?

Interesting. What's D on?

Its a game boy advance game. :)

Ok Well

Alpha (PS1 and Dreamcast)- Has a Plot heavily based on both the DYRL and TV story line so you'll be doing missions and stuff like right out of the TV show and movie (Like the mars mission and the jupiter one from DYRL). You will Also be able to control the Macross and 4~5 VF-1's (A,J,S) you can also get the Monster and the Q-Raus (if Max goes and joins millia or two VF's of vise versa) you also get the YF-19 and YF-21.

Alpha Gaiden (PS1)- Takes place after Alpha so the SDF-1 is crashed so you dont get it. You get the 5 pilots from the old game but in VF-1's and thats it. You also get Isamu and guld. In this you also get the monster and VF-11 (and heard you can get the FA VF-11 too) The plot has no real macross influence cept when Guld and Isamu fisrt enter the game. So no Zentraedi to blow up but a few Ghosts (from M+)

D (GBA) - Havent played yet but I assume it has heavy macross 7 influence.

D (GBA) - Havent played yet but I assume it has heavy macross 7 influence.

There's some (Getter's story almost absorbs the whole first part of the game though) . . . the Newtypes notice something off about the Vartua pilots, and Diamond Force becomes unavaliable for sortie because they lose their spirita (Gamlin is the only one not effected). I kinda picked the opposite routes, but the last route is (I think) mostly Macross 7.

The VF-19s are given to Diamond Force when they come back (no Emerald Force), and you still keep the VF-17s. Near the end, Max gets his VF-22, and Millia becomes availiable for sortie. She also flies her VF-17 in a very early mission.

A few other secret units include the VF-1J Millia and Armored VF-11, dependent on Gamlins kills, but you can only choose one. 2 protodevlin are also secret units. Reaction weapons are secret weapons too, and they're given to every Valk but Sound Force's Valks, when you choose the Macross 7 route (the last route).

Sound Force, boosters included, are usable units. Before the Sound Booster, you can't sortie Basara, unless the mission makes him come out.

Max and Millia (all 3 modes), Diamond Force (all 3 modes), and Sound Force all have their own combo attacks.

Edited by Wing Commander Chen

Can anyone tell me how to play this game. I bought the dreamcast version but haven't been able to figure anything out on it. I really want to play this but can't.

Check gamesfaq.com and you will find several translations. Look in the PSX version thought because thats where the faqs are.

As for playing the game... you need a code disc. You can find them for free in magazines or you can buy them from several places.

Try ncsx.com they sell the code disc and are very fast at shipping.

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me how to play this game. I bought the dreamcast version but haven't been able to figure anything out on it. I really want to play this but can't.

I'm with you. The only one I have is D for the GBA, and I can't figure out jack.

Can anyone tell me how to play this game.  I bought the dreamcast version but haven't been able to figure anything out on it.    I really want to play this but can't.

I'm with you. The only one I have is D for the GBA, and I can't figure out jack.

Have you checked out GameFaqs.com? They have FAQs and walk throughs for a lot of the popular import games, so they might have what you need.

Now I'm not understanding your difficulties with the game. I mean unless you mean the actual dialog the rest is simple.

Slect target

Yop option- Makes you move

middle- brings up attack menu

3rd- Spells

4th-exit

then you got the spells

READ THE TOP I mean HP *Jap* 30% *jap* I mean come on I think its HP heal 30%

The rest are really try them out see what they do. Its really that simple.

Now I'm not understanding your difficulties with the game. I mean unless you mean the actual dialog the rest is simple.

Slect target

Yop option- Makes you move

middle- brings up attack menu

3rd- Spells

4th-exit

then you got the spells

READ THE TOP I mean HP *Jap* 30% *jap* I mean come on I think its HP heal 30%

The rest are really try them out see what they do. Its really that simple.

That's EXACTLY how I play!

somethin' somethin' 30%? That's my heal spell.

somethin' somethin' +3? Movement up.

Lots of japanese, no #s? Auto-revive.