F-117C and F-117X

Where's the diamond force logo?

Ah yes, the VG-winged F-117 designed for carrier use. Never stood a chance of being bought, though... by the time Lockheed was ready to start pitching it to the Navy, seemed stealth technology had progressed to the point where it really wasn't necessary to have such an un-aerodynamic plane.

The bigger winged one looks sweet.

Did they actually make one for test?

I thought that was a photochop.

Learn something new everyday.

That thing looks badass.

I have bought three 1/144 F-117 kits during the last years:Dragon, Revell and the new one from Trumpeter.

Dragon and Revell kits are horrible even the shape of the plane is wrong in those kits but now I know what to do with them!!! I will be funny to modify them to look as an A/F-117X.

BTW: The Trumpeter's kit is the most accurate (even better than some 1/72 kits!!) it even comes with a pilot a ladder and a correct set of bombs and a correct bomb bay but the decals are not good (instead of grey they are green-grey)

I highly recomend it!!

Yeah, the F-22 is very evident in the forward part of the plane....

Very cool though! I wonder if this program is still on going or it was scrapped?

Quote from Invisible Defenders:

The original F-117N concept was evaluated during the summer of 1993 and rejected by Pentagon and Navy acquisition officials. They concluded that the F-117N was a single-mission aircraft weighted for night operations and would add another costly logistics component at a time when the Navy was trying to reduce the number of aircraft types on its carrier decks. Questions also arose about Lockheed's cost figures.