Anyone remeber Revell's ROBOTECH series?

fifbeat

Anyone remeber Revell's ROBOTECH model kits?

I used to see these in the mid 80s. It was quite odd, they had mecha from Dougram, Orguss and Macross; and they simply called it "Robotech". There was even a DC comic-book based on the model kits (somewhat, I guess).

Here are my questions:

1) Does anyone know of a gallery of these models or their box covers?

2) Was there any kind of relation between Harmony Gold/Revell?

3) If so, was there later legal issues between the two companies?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah we remember them. But you may want to ask this question at Robotech.com. There should be more Robotech fans there willing to help you.

To answer your question. Harmony Gold licensed the name from Revell when they were forming the show and Revell had a few Macross models in that line.

There should have been no issues between them at all.

Yup, I remember them too, as does everyone else here :lol: .

Actually, the Revell kits were my first exposure to Valks and anime mecha in general, prior to the [R-word] show being aired in the US. I think I must have owned / built nearly all of those things back in the day. Happily, they also turned me on to other import mecha kits that were hitting the shelves around that time, so I got to build lots of real Orguss, Dougram and Dorvack models...

As far as galleries/pictures go, you should be able to find quite a bit with a Google image search. Good Luck!

Yeah we remember them. But you may want to ask this question at Robotech.com. There should be more Robotech fans there willing to help you.

To answer your question. Harmony Gold licensed the name from Revell when they were forming the show and Revell had a few Macross models in that line.

There should have been no issues between them at all.

ask a question at robotech.com... :lol::lol::lol:

like thats of use :rolleyes:

if I had a penny for everytime I asked a question there and it was ignored/closed :rolleyes:

Most of the Dougram stuff got rereleased in Japan like 4 years or so back.

I picked up the Dougram and Soltic Roundfacer. Old kits, but still very nice.

(But I am also a Battletech fan, so having a big kit of the Shadow Hawk and Griffon is a GOOD thing for me.)

Ive only assembled and painted the Soltic and it looks good. Went with metallic dark green spraypaint over white primer and the decals.

I dunno if I would pay the prices most Robotech kits seem to fetch on ebay though. I remember most of the things going on megaclearance at Kay Bee and Zayre. 2 bucks for the transforming Valks seen in the pictures within this thread... Manoman.. why didn't I buy out the stock of em? Coulda sold a few on ebay for a PRETTY profit...

Those old models were probably the first exposure I had to Macross.

I seem to remember seeing those(and lots of other stuff) in a shop called Hobby Time here in CT.

Shortly after the Comico comic of Robotech came out. Then the series.

Those were the days. Ah.. ^_^