Rockman Zero 3

mikeszekely

Kinda old news in the Megaman community, but I thought I'd share it here for those that cared (especially since Megaman Zero 2 was the best Megaman game and one of the best GBA games in 2003). Capcom announced Rockman Zero 3, for a late April release. That hopefully means that we'll get it as Megaman Zero 3 in the US in the fall... and means that like last year, 2004 will see a ton of new Megaman games ranging from good to bad to mysterious. As of right now, we can expect the following:

Megaman Battle Chip Challenge (GBA, March) - Not looking so hot

Megaman Anniversary Collection (PS2, GC, May) - An EXCELLENT collection, Megaman 1-8 plus the two arcade games, with lots of bonuses for fans of the series.

Megaman Mania (GBA, May) - I'm hearing that they might just call this one Megaman Anniversary Collection as well. This one is a collection of the old Gameboy Megaman I-V, in their original form as well as a cool recolored version that makes them look more like NES games.

Megaman Battle Network 4 (GBA, Summer) - Like 3, this one comes in two flavors, Tournament Red Sun and Tournament Blue Moon. I've heard that Capcom has actually reworked a lot of the gameplay in BN4. Hopefully it'll be more fun than the last one.

Megaman X Command Mission (PS2, GC, Summer) - A turn-based Megaman RPG featuring X, Zero, Axl, and a handful of new characters. Looks and sounds very interesting, but the director of CM is the same director that's been screwing up the X series lately...

Megaman Zero 3 (GBA, not officially announced for US, but you can bet your sweet bippy we'll see it sooner or later) - Zero's getting a new weapon and some new abilities in the third of series that's given us the best Megaman games since X4.

Good news for us. Number three is where Mega Man usually shines. Mega Man III was probably the best of the NES games. X3 was definitely the best of the X series. I'm really looking forward to MZ3, the first MZ game was most excellent. I need to get around to MZ2, though.

Sweet Yoshinol, another MegaMan series has reached its third installment!!

MegaMan 3 for NES was my introduction into the great series long ago. MegaMan X 3 for SNES (*sniffle*) was the only X game I could only beat ONCE, the difficulty at that time was THAT good. Sadly, there's no MegaMan Legends 3. T_T MegaMan Battle Network 3 was awesome, although I prefer the Blue version (Black version for readers from Japan) over the White version.

I've seen a few pics somewhere about Zero's latest weapons for Z3. It looks like what could best be described as a pair of "Elbow Z-Blades." Hey, if you're laughing, I blame my addiction to Soul Calibur II. Mmmm... Sweet Talim.

Uhhhhh.... :blink:

Anyhoo, I found some mp3's for the music for Battle Network 4... I seriously got an NES acid flashback... okay, maybe w/o the acid. BN4's very NES-sounding in the music department, which seems to be a 5 steps back compared to previous installments.

I 99.9995% am sure there won't be a MegaMan Legends 3 made, but I can still dream, ne? :D

Til then... Ikuzo!! **ignites Z-saber and slices up a horde of drones**

Yay. Another Megaman Zero game.

I just wish they dispense with the stupid chitchat they have in the game, or at least provide a way to skip them.

Megaman Zero is at least challenging... The rest of the X series has been way too easy...

I wonder if the duck introduced in X5 will make a come back? I believe that was the single greatest innovation the franchise has had since the slide in Megaman 3.

Megaman Battle Network... What a chore.

But man I can't wait for may to roll by for that Ps2 collection of the NES games :D

I think that's GameCube.

If I missed something and it IS multi-platform, make sure your PS2 is modded. Rumor is that Sony will no longer license 2D games for US release AT ALL, so it'll likely be a japan-only release.

WAH!!! Hasn't it already been annoced that it is coming out for the PS2 and GC??

Did a quick search and even found a dat for a NA release (09.03.04)

Also isn't it coming out here first?? Not sure where I heard this but correct me if I am wrong.

Dude don't scare me like that :blink:

I keep forgetting if it has a PS2 version.

A bit of lookinh around ...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/919042.html

It has a PS2 version.

Which is allegedly already out in Japan, though I don't believe that's at all accurate.

Anyways, there's fairly credible rumors that Sony won't be licensing any more 2D games. If it comes out, it's likely going to be the last untill Sony's target audience realizes there's more to games than how shiny the graphics look.

But man I can't wait for may to roll by for that Ps2 collection of the NES games :D

I think that's GameCube.

If I missed something and it IS multi-platform, make sure your PS2 is modded. Rumor is that Sony will no longer license 2D games for US release AT ALL, so it'll likely be a japan-only release.

It's PS2 and Gamecube, and it's being developed by Capcom of America. All the Japanese are getting so far is a box set that has their older PSone remakes of Rockman 1-6 with Rockman X7, meaning that the collection we're getting is by far better.

As for that no more 2D games on Sony consoles, that rumor's been flying around since the original PlayStation was just a baby. I, for one, would take it with a grain of salt. Viewtiful Joe (2D gameplay, however they rendered the graphics) was one of the best-selling GC games in 2003, and retro-gaming is very in. Sony has already allowed a new Intellivsion collection and Midway's Arcade Treasures to be published for PS2. I'm confident PS2 owners will get their Megaman.

Speaking of, go reserve the Anniversary Collection at Gamestop! If you do, you'll get a slick T-shirt that has a pic of 8-bit Megaman jumping, surrounded by the bosses from Megaman 2. Underneath, it says "I Beat the 8 Master Robots." I'll try to get a pic for you guys later.

Where's the Megaman X Collections for GCN and PS2?! <_<

A damn fine question, as I'd definately like to see one that has X1-X6. For the bonus games, Megaman Soccer and Megaman Battle and Chase. Then all I'd need is a US port of Super Adventure Rockman and Rockboard.