Mari Iijima

Macrosso

I don't think Mari Iijima has done that much seiyuu (sp?) work. Is it true that she's doing the voiceover work for the new Cy Girls series? :blink:

The only Mari Iijima CD I have is her "Mari Iijima sings Lynn Minmay" one. B))

I know she did the opening theme for Galaxy Angel, although I dunno if she did a voice for the show.

I've not heard it personally, it was covered in an issue of Animerica a while back and recieved not so hot reviews (but then, Adam Rehorn was the one that did the review, and I find his tastes convoluted at best), you may want to try an older one before delving into her latest work.

The Hell? Is that the 3rd (or is it 4th?) Street mall in Little Tokyo in Los Angeles that she's playing at on her site? Minmei can't possibly be that close to me...

Might be. She lives in LA pretty much full time now.

Might be. She lives in LA pretty much full time now.

I'm suprised you SoCal MW'ers haven't pursued her towards making an apperance at one of the yearly MW Cons.

I'll tell ya what......if she makes an apperance I'll head down to Southern California myself (and I think Agent One might wanna go too - Hahahahaha).

:ph34r:

She was at Anime Expo a couple years ago. She had a table but most people just walked by, not recognizing who she was. :( My friend felt sorry for her and went up to her and asked to take a picture of her.

Is it true that she wasn't getting much traffic because she was charging AE fans ($) for her autograph? :ph34r:

I don't think my friend paid to have her picture taken... but what kind of fan are you if you aren't willing to show some financial support? :D I mean people there already shelled out an ungodly amount of money for admission to the con and subject themselves to fugly cosplayers (speaking of which, I think Jenny Craig should have a table there...)

Wow, that's unbelieveable! I had no idea that anyone so important to making Macross what it is lived in the US, much less LA! I also notice, on her site, that she performed at some of the festivals in Little Tokyo. Next one that comes up, I'll have to keep an eye out for her. Never thought I'd have a chance to see a live performance of DYRL!

Just so you guys know, in case you run into her, she hates talking about Macross. She really isn't fond of the fact that so many people still call her Lynn Minmay. So if you do see her don't do anything stupid like asking her to quote one of her Minmay lines. Just say you love her voice or something.

Just so you guys know, in case you run into her, she hates talking about Macross. She really isn't fond of the fact that so many people still call her Lynn Minmay. So if you do see her don't do anything stupid like asking her to quote one of her Minmay lines. Just say you love her voice or something.

I thought she got over that already and is embracing the fact that she was an important part of Macross. Or did she had a relapse again and hates being associated with Macross now like she did originally?

Just so you guys know, in case you run into her, she hates talking about Macross.  She really isn't fond of the fact that so many people still call her Lynn Minmay.  So if you do see her don't do anything stupid like asking her to quote one of her Minmay lines.  Just say you love her voice or something.

I thought she got over that already and is embracing the fact that she was an important part of Macross. Or did she had a relapse again and hates being associated with Macross now like she did originally?

Well, she seems to crack more jokes about it now so she has kind of lightened up, but still I wouldn't go talkin about Minmay to her.

Well, she seems to crack more jokes about it now so she has kind of lightened up, but still I wouldn't go talkin about Minmay to her.

I agree.

So A1, what would you say to her? Wanna feel my bicep? ;)

I'd tell her she can rest her head on my pecs tonight and eat breakfast off of my abs in the morning. :lol:

One other interesting note on her career: Apparently, according to the IMDB, she helped in arranging and scoring a restored version of the 1922 Thomas Ince silent film "Lorna Doone."

I hope godmedia sees this thread. :ph34r:

I've been looking around E-Bay and came upon a couple of her LP auctions.

This one intrigued me seeing as this LP has a bunch of Macross songs but (from the cover apperance) it doesn't seem like a Macross related record.

Her "Variee" Album

SIDE 1 1GRUM NO SHIAWASE / BLUEBERRY JAM / CINDELELLA / MARINE / AI. OBOETEIMASUKA

SIDE 2 MR.GROOVY! / MY BEST FRIEND / MARCY DEERFIELD / SECRET TIME / MELODY / TENSHI NO ENOGU

Do you guys know if these versions are different?

post-26-1077795455_thumb.jpg