Decals/Stickers for Yamato 1/48

GianS

Hi

I know that everyone seems to ranting and raving about the extra decals that seems to be available for the Yamato valks. How di they differ from the stock ones?

I would like to find out before I usr the default stickers. If there is anything better and more realistic available I would surely consider this for my V1S and V1A Low Vis.

Thanks

Gian

I've used the stickers from takatoys... they are very nice. the colors are deeper and more crisp than the stock stickers and the lettering is a nice crisp black, much easier to make out the actual words.

If you're going to sticker up your valk, it's worth the twenty bucks... they just look so much better.

I agree on that. I too was kinda suspicious about the whole "takatoys" stickers. Cause everyone was talking to highly of them. I could belive that a sticker sheet would be that big of a difference.

Knowing that i, you and we spend a greta deal of money on the 1/48s, trust me the Takatoys stickers makes a WORLD OF THE DIFFERENCE on ur Valk. Since i have zero costomising skills, the takatoys sticker raises the level of "realism" to your 1/48. Changes the look from "toy" to "model" feeling.

Just my two cents.

-Jin

They are thinner also, and look MUCH better on your Valk. The only problem is that have to cut them all out, and that takes a while, especially if you have lots of Valks to sticker.. But the result in the end is worth it IMO. And to get the stock Yamato ones to look somewhat acceptible, you need to cut off all that hideous flashing anyway. So, spend the time and effort on something that will look better.

Oh and if you are reading this Takatoys, any chance of a 001 Max "Fast Pack" Sticker sometime in the future? I would love my Max 1S to have fast packs. I know it was never seen in that way in the movie, but it still would be cool to have.

Thanks

Edited by Rabidweezil

Cutting them out turned out to be a better deal for me. The valks look so much better when the stickers are cut close to the graphics or text. What I couldn't stand is when I accidently drop something I just cut out and I can't find it. Luckily Takatoys provides extras so on the same sheet I can use those.

I've never tried Anazasi's decals, I'm hoping to check them out in person before I do.

What I couldn't stand is when I accidently drop something I just cut out and I can't find it.  Luckily Takatoys provides extras so on the same sheet I can use those.

lol..yeah I know the feeling. I don't know how many times I dropped one, couldn't find it and later noticed a "no step" stuck to my shirt, or my pants.

I've read enough good things about Takatoys stickers to think it must more be more then mere fanboyism. Only question is would you pay $20 for great looking stickers?

In my opinion FPs would represent better value for your money if you've just bought a 1/48. but hey, while your paying for the shipping you might as well grab the stickers too.

I wish I did when I originally bought my 1/48s from the Kevmeister

Actually, I could make two 1/48 with a single sheet of takatoys and still, I have tons of unused stickers I may use later for repair/custom on the sheet.

Yeah, I can still sticker up another valk even with the few that I drop. I just have to choose a completely different scheme.

I completely agree with the two valks per sticker sheet claim... I did up my 1a and my 1s with one sheet...

But, to be fair, the sticker sheet that comes with the VF-1j isn't too bad, I ended up just using them instead of ordering a takatoys sheet... but man... that flashing is a pain. You gotta love the efficient design of the takatoys sheet!

And yes... once you've seen the takatoys stickers versus the stock yammies you'll realize the twenty bucks is money well spent... course, when you do get your fastpacks there is a sticker sheet for them too.

I'm confused. Why are people saying the stickers are $20. Twin Moons sells them for $9.99 and Valk Exchange for $10.49. And the fast pack ones are $4.49, so even if you include those it is still less then $20 for the both. And I think shipping is relatively cheap for these.

So where did the $20 come from?

oooh, price drop. they used to be twenty for the vf's and ten for the FP's.

So now you have no excuse... go and buy!

edit: oops, I made a mistake... I bought the VF and FP sticker sets together and it came out to 19/76 after tax and shipping from valkyrie-exchange... the price has always been around ten bucks.

Edited by eugimon

But, to be fair, the sticker sheet that comes with the VF-1j isn't too bad, I ended up just using them instead of ordering a takatoys sheet...

hum I changed my original yamato stickers to takatoy on my 1J and I don't regret it at all.

Those yamatos stickers are not good at all.

The only good side of them is the non glossy effect. takatoys use to shine with flashlight for exemple but don't shine that much under normal lighting.

I've come close to buying the Takatoys stickers any number of times, but always held off....

Frankly, I'd much rather have waterslide decals.... maybe anasazi37 will come on and comment... or maybe I'll just PM him....

Devin (anasazi37) makes awesome stickers and waterslides for the 1/48. i recommend them to anyone who is looking for some nice stickers on their valk. Devin's an incredibly good guy. you won't be disappointed. ;)

wow, does he has a catalog or some sample? :o

Devin (anasazi37) makes awesome stickers and waterslides for the 1/48. i recommend them to anyone who is looking for some nice stickers on their valk. Devin's an incredibly good guy. you won't be disappointed.  ;)

wow, does he has a catalog or some sample? :o

You can see my entire catalog at this website:

Waterslide Decal and Sticker Catalog

I now have upwards of 50 different sets with more on the way. I just saw this thread--I've been busy with several custom projects. I won't be taking orders for a few weeks and I'm also working with another MW member on a new distribution system that I think everyone will be very happy with. I can't say more than that right now. B))

I agree that anything beats the stock Yamato stickers that come with their valks. The choice of what to buy really comes down to how much work you want to put into detailing your valk and how much experience you have with building models and applying decals. The stickers that Takatoys produces and the stickers and decals I produce cover the whole spectrum from basic to complicated, quick to time intensive. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you might have.

Hello,

If you're thinking about stickering up your 1/48 then Takotoys stickers or Devin decals are the way to go.

I've seen Devin's decals on my custom Enigma and I am convinced that they are painted on :D . They look amazing! It's almost a crime to use the Yamato stickers on the 1/48's. They look like crap!!! Can't believe they would put that poor of a quality sticker with such a great toy.

Regards,

Gene