Anybody here going to Toy Fair?

David Hingtgen

Just wondering if anyone has enough connections, etc to get in this weekend. I'm fairly sure somebody (Kevin Lam?) from here went last year. Odds of Macross stuff being there isn't *too* high, but Toynami's sure to make an appearance, and of course Bandai. And even Hasegawa should show, as it's not PURELY toys---lots of model companies come. Never know what will show up, or who might have acquired what license. Maybe we'll all be surprised if Yamato shows up. :)

Maybe there will be the answers we seek when HG announces the DYRL posables.

Folks, keep in mind the show is for people in the "industry". You have to have the proper business licenses, sales tax permits, etc. to register and get in...

Even then, you have to have appointments with the mfgs/dealers. Morever, you can't just walk into their showroom. I walked into Hasbro's showroom the first year and they basically told me to leave since I didn't have an appointment. The larger companies have a receptionist area blocking you from going into the showrooms.

-K

....so here is my plan...I get my wife to dress up as an anime girl....she distracts the guards and I am in...then...I do a lot of the "mumble-speak" <_<

"Excuse me sir, can I see your badge?"

"mumble-mumble, robble..." push...shove... B))

all ninja baby! :ph34r:

...ahh well...Ill be in NYC all day Tuesday...but no dice unless I can convice someone my ESPN badge means I am from the new ESPN toy division... :blink:

Edited by Myersjessee

i'll be attending but whats this talk about setting up appointments??? :unsure:

and i understand providing business creditials but you actually have to bring invoices from toy companies? thats ridiculous! <_<

i've been in the retail game for a while but i had no idea you had to set up appointments for the toy fair? :blink:

now i'm questioning if i should even bother going. i just don't want to waste my sunday getting kicked out of this showrrom and that showroom. my only reason for going is to look and take some pictures.

i guess i'll see what happens otherwise i'm gonna skip it altogether. the worst part about it is, the JJC is only 15 minute train ride from where i live.....this totally SUCKS! :angry: