HLJ sent me (well I ordered)...

VF-19

Ok, so I snagged my Q-Rau that was briefly available on HLJ, and now I'm wondering exactly what to do with it. There's no cockpit to speak of, plastic on plastic joints, and the plastic is moulded in a lime green colour. Surface detail is there, but sparse, and it looks like it will be a simple build. However I don't think I'll be going with a stock Green, grey, black Q-Rau. I might consider doing a Max Q-Rau (a la DYRL?), But I'm going to need some pictures of all the brief 2 frames it is in. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I'll show what I can. However, I won't be starting this Q-Rau for at least a month. I need to at least figure out how to go about modifying the legs to make them movie version legs. The antenna won't be a problem, but the legs... Well, that's what dirt cheap models are for aren't they?

If I can figure out a way to get this stupid Snagit to capture a pic from WMP or any other friggin media player, you'll have your reference shots...

Dont mess with Snagit, If your on a pc do this. Get the player up on your desktop and on the frames you want then press Ctrl+Print Screen. Then open up a photo edit prog and paste, its that easy.

When you press Ctrl+Print Screen it takes a image of what is displayed on the current program if you do Alt+Print Screen it does your whole desktop.

Edited by Spiff

Thanks for the support. I'll be letting you know when I start. It'll probably be in late march as I'll be able to use my airbrush again (because right now, I can only airbrush in the garage and it's way to cold out...). Can't wait for the reference pictures. I've got some good black and whites from MAHQ, and I'll definately need to mod the legs (somehow). I might just get away with some cutting and sheet styrene...

Exactly the pic I was trying to get.

Through no means could I get it.

Snagit wouldn't do it, nor print screen.

It kept taking a pic of WMP, with a black spot where the video should be, and the video would seep through that black spot, it's hard to explain.

Exactly the pic I was trying to get.

Through no means could I get it.

Snagit wouldn't do it, nor print screen.

It kept taking a pic of WMP, with a black spot where the video should be, and the video would seep through that black spot, it's hard to explain.

It's probably some sort of built in copy protection, and there are probably ways around it.