Yamato doing anything for DYRL 20th anniversary?

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

and.. my goodness, who is that girl in rdenham's little pic?!

The picture isn't clear enough, but it could be Serenity, Wicked Pictures starlett?

Anyways, I'm sure they would've announced anything special by now....

arggggggggg DAMN IT!! OH well. I guess we got our 1/48 hikaru 1S and Fast p[acks a few months shy of 2004.. abit early but shoot i aint complaining. Best valk i have EVER bought!

This year if bandai does somehing with macross 0 toys and a strike reissue along with elint and super o...I willl be in heaven. Now that I think about it....theres nothing stopping bandai from making a chunky monkey 0 now is there? AHA! This wouild provicde yamato with the motivation to counter with a perfect trasnformation big ass Vf-0!

But I guess Bandai is what I would really be surprised by at this point

This year if bandai does somehing with macross 0 toys and a strike reissue along with elint and super o...I willl be in heaven. Now that I think about it....theres nothing stopping bandai from making a chunky monkey 0 now is there? AHA! This wouild provicde yamato with the motivation to counter with a perfect trasnformation big ass Vf-0!

But I guess Bandai is what I would really be surprised by at this point

Shin... I think it's time for your anti-fanboy medicine :lol:

From what graham said a few years ago....yaamto was not interested in mospeada because it wasnt too popular or something in japan. Its likea cult following I believe. However I am a fan. Anyways they cant do anything now since toynamis got the license internationally. I want to see bandai get of thei asses and make a perfect trasnformation chunky monkey VF-0. Hell yamato hasnt said they were making a perfect variable yet so a chunkey monkey perfect variable would be COMPETITION indeed against yamatos PVC 1/100. Not to mention licenses are for scales right? They jsut need a 1/55 license...hell even 1/48 since yamato doesnt have it yet...or do they for the VF-0? Anyhoo bandai also distributes macross 0 on dvd so I think getting the license wouldnt be that hard,

I want to see bandai get of thei asses and make a perfect trasnformation chunky monkey VF-0. Hell yamato hasnt said they were making a perfect variable yet so a chunkey monkey perfect variable would be COMPETITION indeed against yamatos PVC 1/100.

I don't see that happening. We all saw what happened when Bandai competed against Yamato in 2001 - 2002, the market just wasn't big enough. There's absolutely no logical reason why Bandai should try to compete with Yamato.

Similiar to what I wrote before, the only M0 toys Bandai would produce would be gashapons or figurines. They're cheap to produce and easy as sin to sell.

well who really klnows? none of us. I wish there was a insider for bandai like we have graham for yamato. Maybe yamato is just concentrating on macross 0 this year instad of DYRL. Seems like the maojrity of DYRl stuff they made was already made last year. The only 2 valks they never made from it were max 1S and kakizaki 1A.

We don't have an "Insider" for Yamato

Graham gets some news now and then through his contacts there

but he's no member of the product-planning department

(just like fanclub presidents don't have their star's cellphone number)

But I must say I noticed no one is really running to be first with the M0 toys

I'm actually surprised that there is a Resin Sara figure released

the CM's are the same story

they probably wouldn't have sold so well if the "classic" figures weren't part of the lineup

I thought we would at least have full-grown VF's and SV's by Ep 3.

If there's any chance of something special happening (to commemorate the 20th anniversary of DYRL) Big West better get on it. From what I've heard in the Newbie thread DYRL was released (in Japan) on August 21, 1984.

That's a mere six months away.......... :(

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something GREAT. :ph34r:

Given Bandai's anchorage to the Gundam series, I highly doubt they have much reason to compete for the Macross market. Although, I earnestly wish for it to happen.

If it should happen, I think yamato will have a run for its money.

Bandai has more than neccessary means to run circles around Yamato. And on the flip side, I think it's also possible that Yamato's Price:Quality ratio would also benefit from the competition.

I don't think there's anyone who can deny the high price tag Yamatos carry with them. No More Monopoly!

I wish that Bandai would make High Grade, Master Grade or Perfect Grade VF`s, I know it`s impossible but they did make a Master Grade Dunbine and Patlabor.

If they did that, I wouldn't even mind if they didn't transform. A nice posable battroid. An nice internal skeleton like on the newer Master Grades would demolish any "Super Posable."

Then, MG Regult and MG Glaug.

They could do it if they wanted to.

Edited by Anubis

I wish that Bandai would make High Grade, Master Grade or Perfect Grade VF`s, I know it`s impossible but they did make a Master Grade Dunbine and Patlabor.

If they did that, I wouldn't even mind if they didn't transform. A nice posable battroid. An nice internal skeleton like on the newer Master Grades would demolish any "Super Posable."

Then, MG Regult and MG Glaug.

They could do it if they wanted to.

Indeed, that would be nice.

master grade Variables and stand alone enemy mecha would rock. Master grades would be less financial risk...since they can sell a lot more fo those than perfect grades if we are speaking abotu valkyries. then maybe they will have the balls to take on yamato with a DX valkyrie. I wouldnt mind seeing them make a Dx VF-0 with soem diecast and perfect transformation. I dont think yamato handles diecast right but i have faith in bandai doin it right. But I have to say I bet we will see a master grader VF-0 before we see a F-1 master grade stype.

I want to see bandai get of thei asses and make a perfect trasnformation chunky monkey VF-0. Hell yamato hasnt said they were making a perfect variable yet so a chunkey monkey perfect variable would be COMPETITION indeed against yamatos PVC 1/100. Not to mention licenses are for scales right? They jsut need a 1/55 license...hell even 1/48 since yamato doesnt have it yet...or do they for the VF-0? Anyhoo bandai also distributes macross 0 on dvd so I think getting the license wouldnt be that hard,

Shin, I really don't mean to sound rude or rain on your parade, but you're really drawing some SERIOUSLY off-the-wall conclusions. Bandai has done INSANELY little with their Macross license in the past several years (I hardly call model re-issues new material) What are the chances that Bandai will go from ZERO to a "perfect variable" VF-0??? Quite simply, next to none. Their 1/55 reish set was to test the waters. They didn't sell very hot from the getgo (only Max and Milia sold in great numbers.... the others didn't sell well until they hit the bargain bins) Once the Super Valkyrie struck out, Bandai bailed out while they were still ahead in the game. Speculations about potential sales of DYRL valks aside, Bandai saw a financial dead end (and I assure you, that's ALL they cared about).

Let's think about this logically. Even *IF* Bandai stepped back into the Macross market, they likely won't introduce any NEW product into the field until *THEY* are certain there is a demand for it... and in that sense, it may be too late. Yamato and Hasegawa may hold the rights for Macross Zero items. Rights to produce toys fall under a different category than producing DVDS... in terms of production rights, they're completely different entities.

It's fun to speculate, but if a comemorative project is develped, I'd look for it from Yamato or no one... I simply don't see who else it would come from.