Macross Zero DVD

Godzilla

Anybody got any idea if the DVDs of M0 will come into the States? I was tempted to buy those DVDs on ebay but I am hesitant when they say no region code because I hate to get bootlegs. I just hate it when all you ppl are able to see it and I am like WTF are you guys talking about when it comes to M0. Anybody have any advice how I should acquire the DVDs that I can play on my DVD player? My other concern is that M0 may never come to the States because of HG copyrights and stuf... :angry: Anybody that can tell me if this is fact or fiction? :huh:

Well, you can look at several factors...

1. - HG Blows, and would want a chunk of any and all future Macross releases, they said as much at AX in 2001.

2. - The existing Mac Zero R1 DVD's do not have any subtitling.

3. - Did I mention that HG blows?

If we ever see them, it will most likely be years from now.

1. - HG Blows, and would want a chunk of any and all future Macross releases, they said as much at AX in 2001.

What about the Hong Kong release of Mac0, they have subs don't they?? They are a region compatable with the US.

What about the Hong Kong release of Mac0, they have subs don't they?? They are a region compatable with the US.

No offense to anybody in HK, but a lot of their subtitled crap sucks. I bought several and it's really fortunate if you find a couple of them comprehensible.

To stay on topic, I think if Macross plus was able to make it through to the US via Manga, I think given the popularity of Macross 0, we'll see it a couple of years down. Not anytime soon though.

Oh and, HG BLOWS!

No offense to anybody in HK, but a lot of their subtitled crap sucks. I bought several and it's really fortunate if you find a couple of them comprehensible.

To stay on topic, I think if Macross plus was able to make it through to the US via Manga, I think given the popularity of Macross 0, we'll see it a couple of years down. Not anytime soon though.

Oh and, HG BLOWS!

Ya i have kind of heard that about HK releases. But I guess its better than nothing till Manga (or someone else thats credible) releases into the US market

I'd hate to bring the HG subject up myself... they don't blow... they BLOW GOATS Woops... did I let that slip? :D

Oh and, HG BLOWS!

Ya i have kind of heard that about HK releases. But I guess its better than nothing till Manga (or someone else thats credible) releases into the US market

I'd hate to bring the HG subject up myself... they don't blow... they BLOW GOATS Woops... did I let that slip? :D

Mangle's credible???

It will only happen with HG in the middle...

Most likely. As along as HG stays out of the "creative" side of things I don't care. I wouldn't like to see Shin turn out to be Rick Hunter's cousin..

Let the pros handle it(Bandai, Pioneer/Geneon).

Nah, HG would turn shin in to TR Edwards. :p

My guess..

Would be that it is unlikely in the short term and depending on the video company that goes after the rights probable in the next few years.

It all depends on the HG factor, are they going to try to assert some right to the Macross name and create a hassle for anyone trying to release it stateside. Even if they have no right to the work they can make it more costly to release them just by feigning legal action.

HG does blow bigtime and they are presently the single biggest roadblock for american fans interested in Macross. At any rate, I have picked up copies of the HK All region DVD's but I would much rather see an official U.S. Release for higher quality Sub/Dub menu options, extras and of course to support the companies that bring us good anime in the states.

I really wish there would be a definitive lawsuit and Big West/Bandai/whoever would give HG the legal smack-down and get all this garbage out of the way. HG needs to stick to Robotech and their derivative work and mind their own damn business when it comes to Macross. it would be one thing if they were the creators of the original work, but they weren't there were liscensee's who used the original work in their derivative project. Bleh.... Now I am getting into HG rant land and in the wrong thread. Sorry :p

Oh and, HG BLOWS!

Mangle's credible???

Well I only mean it in that they are a "legitimate" company. not "joe-schmoe's DVD pirate shop", some punk with a DVD burner and an EBay account.

Are the region and subtitle information in this auction correct?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3&category=2290

Any opinion on the quality of these types of DVDs if they are bootlegs?

I would stay away from the DVD with just episode 2. But Kevin of Valkyrie Exchange says the one with 1 & 2 on the same disk is okay.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=4987