Company X 1/72 Flight Deck Kit

Here’s a cool little footnote in the history of Macross kits: a flight deck kit that was pretty accurate to the deck of the Prometheus. It was sold through the Starship Modeler store iirc. I built the Valkyrie for the box display and I have the sample build. It needs a little TLC and then I’ll post up some pics. I have one “fresh” kit that I will be using for my Bushmasters build. 

IMG_0383.jpeg

IMG_0384.jpeg

IMG_0385.jpeg

Yes, very cool. Is it worth taking some detailed measurements and pictures of all the parts and scanning the decals so the kit could be reconstituted by interested parties? I'm guessing the mold is long gone and I know that JBot went out of business years ago. Wouldn't be too difficult to design a printable version of the kit.

I always wanted a couple of those! I think they were already sold out by the time I discovered Starship Modeler. I thought it would be really neat to try to add the catwalk for the catapult control stations from SDFM along the front edge of the model deck.

2 hours ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

I always wanted a couple of those! I think they were already sold out by the time I discovered Starship Modeler. I thought it would be really neat to try to add the catwalk for the catapult control stations from SDFM along the front edge of the model deck.

That’s a cool idea! What would it look like? Is there any refs out there?

18 hours ago, Goodman Models said:

That’s a cool idea! What would it look like? Is there any refs out there?

I think it appeared in an episode at some point, but you can see it in the bottom left in this Prometheus line art from the Mecha Manual:

http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/carrier-prometheus/carrier-prometheus-lineart2.png

Posted (edited)

ok the 3 panels are the same size: 8 3/4" l x 3 7/8". The grids are 1"x1". The pit for the hydraulics is 7 1/4" L x 1 1/2" divided into 3 sections:  two 1 3/4" and the centre dividers are 1/16" The interior of the pit is lined 1/16" vertical bars. There's 2 tabs per section to mount the shields. 

The 4 shields are 1 3/4" wide and 1 1/2" tall. 

It seems to me that it was constructed with evergreen sheet stock and that checks with conversations I had with fellow who made it at the time.

Edited by Goodman Models
Add’l info

Posted (edited)

CAUTION - BEWARE OF BLAST 2.pdf

decals and instruction sheet. This is a pretty cool kit; I’m glad it was made and it was cool to have had a hand in it. It would definitely be a doable project to make up your own from sheet stock.

Edited by Goodman Models
Add’l info