Genesis Climber Mospeda is coming to Crunchyroll

Not surprised it's the same transfer from the DVD release in the 2000s.

There would've been a lot more fanfare if they were going to remaster the series again.

Still, it's nice to have it available.  I'm surprised it took this long for it to land on Crunchyroll since Funimation's been dumping most of its back catalog there with little-to-no notice.

5 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Not surprised it's the same transfer from the DVD release in the 2000s.

There would've been a lot more fanfare if they were going to remaster the series again.

Still, it's nice to have it available.  I'm surprised it took this long for it to land on Crunchyroll since Funimation's been dumping most of its back catalog there with little-to-no notice.

I don’t know if it’s true or not, but I heard that the plan is to slowly bring the funimation back catalog over to crunchyroll while doing updates that weren’t working out so great for the older shows and doing some kinda reworking of the files for those older shows.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I don’t know if it’s true or not, but I heard that the plan is to slowly bring the funimation back catalog over to crunchyroll while doing updates that weren’t working out so great for the older shows and doing some kinda reworking of the files for those older shows.

It's true.  Sony's press release from after the acquisition of Crunchyroll was finalized in 2021 stated that they intended to merge the Funimation and Crunchyroll streaming libraries, and they confirmed about six months later in Q1 2022 that all of the different anime streaming services under their banner (Funimation, Wakanim, and VRV) would be consolidated into Crunchyroll.  They started merging the streaming libraries shortly after that announcement and AFAIK they finished merging the libraries months ago.  The last few months the news has been all about merging user accounts for people who'd had both services, but that finished for all outstanding accounts weeks ago and they've shut down the Funimation servers as of April 2.

That said, Funimation stopped adding new titles to their catalog around the time the acquisition was finalized.  I'm pretty sure they didn't have MOSPEADA on their service when the catalog was frozen.  It may be something they've picked up recently as an addendum to having the rights to Robotech delegated to them by Harmony Gold a few years back.

I need to check my DVDs, but I definitely think there's something wrong with the video in the Crunchyroll stream. There's a regular video glitch at the bottom of the frame that I noticed in the first episode last week that is still occurring. I don't recall it being an issue with the DVDs.

Just checked the DVDs and this issue doesn't exist there. Also, I've noticed subtitle timing issues on the Crunchyroll stream as well.

Their presentation is pretty shoddy.