Recommendations for other anime?

Godzilla

Sorry to ask this question since I am sure this has been asked before, but I am just getting into anime other than Macross and Mospeada. You have to remember I grew up on Robotech. :ph34r: Anyways, I got into Full Metal Panic. After watching the 1st dvd, I promptly ordered what was available for retail. Basically I bought 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. I know 7 and 8 are not out yet. This weekend I got my 36" Sony HDTV. Boy it was sweet. B)) Anyways, my buddy came over and brought a bunch of anime DVDs. He is a anime nut. I started watching Evangelion DVD #1, and promptly liked it though I am having a hard time with some parts of the storyline. Then he brought over Cardcaptor Sakura, Najica, and Noir. I like Star Blazers wayy back when but I was listening to the english adaptation. I heard Bolan Wars sucked. Anyways, I was looking into Patlabor and anything else with Mecha. Now I dont have M0 but I will wait till that comes out on DVD for the USA but anybody have any more suggestions?

i would suggest getting ptlabor... also if you want some miltary type (not much action though) get gasaraki which is on sale now ($30 as supposed to $130)

I had asked about Gasaraki before but there were mixed reviews from this community. I am not sure about this real world mixed with mythology and such. I just heard ppl had a hard time understanding the story.

This weekend I got my 36" Sony HDTV. Boy it was sweet. B))

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This weekend I got my 36" Sony HDTV.  Boy it was sweet.  B))

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe. B))

Now I dont have M0 but I will wait till that comes out on DVD for the USA but anybody have any more suggestions?

Good luck waiting for M0 mate. Don´t want to get into a debate or anything but I´m sure HG has it locked in their radars from a long time ago and they´re just waiting for it to come a bit closer so they can shoot it down as they´ve done with all previous macross series (except for M+).

As for your suggestions I recomemend you wathc Rahxephon , Cowboy Bepop and FLCL. I would like to reccomend Yukikaze but I honestly thought it was lacking a lot so is not really worth except if your just looking for nice dogfights.

Now I dont have M0 but I will wait till that comes out on DVD for the USA but anybody have any more suggestions?

Good luck waiting for M0 mate. Don´t want to get into a debate or anything but I´m sure HG has it locked in their radars from a long time ago and they´re just waiting for it to come a bit closer so they can shoot it down as they´ve done with all previous macross series (except for M+).

As for your suggestions I recomemend you wathc Rahxephon , Cowboy Bepop and FLCL. I would like to reccomend Yukikaze but I honestly thought it was lacking a lot so is not really worth except if your just looking for nice dogfights.

That is not what I wanted to hear. Damn them HG ppl! Still I dont see it being a problem why would they let the Macross plus be sold here?

Infinite Ryvius is turning out pretty good....

Abenobashi Magical Shopping Arcade is funny as hell....

FLCL is kind of nuts, but a damn good show all the same....

Cowboy Bebop is a must see.....

Crest of the Stars is a great sci-fi show... and it's sequels, Banner of the Stars and Banner of the Stars II....

Neo-Ranga is a good show...

Witch Hunter Robin isn't too bad, but haven't seen enough of it....

GTO is absolutely hillarious....

Berserk is pretty damn good, actually....

Rahxephon. I LOVE this show. Get it if you can!

Last Exile. GREAT anymation work.

The only gundam I really liked was the 08th team. That was real good. Also Victory Gundam.

Crest of Stars is Damn good as well

Infinite Ryvius is nice but I couldnt stand the stupid main character... Shinji Ikari stile...