takatoku/matsushiro VF-1J

lavender_blue

Hi everyone,

I just spent US$150 for a MIB takatoku VF-1J Hikaru but when it arrived, I noticed it had a matsushiro box instead, great, I fought maybe I found myself a rare item, but when I look into the toy, it is actually a takatoku VF-1J, just felt hard done by, its the wrong toy in the wrong box! i dont think the seller will refund me back either><, anyone know any more about the matsushiro/takatoku difference? Im sure its in the wrong box as the vf-1j has takatoku clearly marked on the toy. I hope someone can help!, otherwise anyone want to but it?? Thank you for reading, please help me!

Tai

Hi everyone,

I just spent US$150 for a MIB takatoku VF-1J Hikaru but when it arrived, I noticed it had a matsushiro box instead, great, I fought maybe I found myself a rare item, but when I look into the toy, it is actually a takatoku VF-1J, just felt hard done by, its the wrong toy in the wrong box! i dont think the seller will refund me back either><, anyone know any more about the matsushiro/takatoku difference? Im sure its in the wrong box as the vf-1j has takatoku clearly marked on the toy. I hope someone can help!, otherwise anyone want to but it?? Thank you for reading, please help me!

Tai

well you got the toy you paid for. just the wrong box. he shoudl give yo soem of yrou money bakc since it;s not MIB.

unless matsushiro did nto lable their toys with their logo. Considerign they wehre the company who did molds for takatoku and put the toys togehter it maek ssicne th eold takatokulable be on them

well you got the toy you paid for. just the wrong box. he shoudl give yo soem of yrou money bakc since it;s not MIB.

unless matsushiro did nto lable their toys with their logo. Considerign they wehre the company who did molds for takatoku and put the toys togehter it maek ssicne th eold takatokulable be on them

Ali Sama,

Please take your time when you type, then maybe we'll be able to understand your replies.

:blink:

I havent got the auction link anymore as it was brought outside ebay. basically, it was auctioned on ebay, i bid on the item but got outbid. As the winner didnt pay up, the seller offered me if i still wanted the toy, i did, and i brought it.(this was about 7-14 days after the end of the auction)

all i can remember in the auction was he states that the figure is MIB takatoku VF-1J. unplayed with condition(which is true, toy is in excellent condition) that was all, it showed a picture of the item in its tray. i could have never guessed it had a different box. the word takatoku can only be found on the marking on the toy, nothing else states its a takatoku otherwise, with matsushiro stated clearly on the box(Space Fighter its called)

the other thing is, it comes with a takatoku sticker sheet but it hasnt got the markings that folds the sticker sheet in half, could be a repro, im not sure but it does have TT on it.

i enclosed some pictures. please more information. Thank you all for reading.

Tai

post-4-1075590846_thumb.jpg

Here's the auction link (I believe)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...68&category=748

We also had a discussion regarding this item in the wtf thread in the auction forum

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...12&t=917&st=200

Basically it is a Matsushiro since they didn't have special markings or anything, except for the black landing gear triggers.

I honestly don't think any Matsushiros have Matsushiro markings. Mine doesn't. It has Takatoku markings.

If it's the auction I'm thinking of, the seller artfully hid most of the box in his listing. But I think he may have made a mistake--Matsushiros in good condition with their boxes are rarer (probably much rarer) than Takatokus in similar condition. I've gone over this a couple times in the past, but basically the only likely difference in the TOYS is the color of the landing gear triggers on the legs--black on the Matsushiros, grey on the Takas, or at least some of the Takas. So it's the box that makes the most difference. And the question, which hasn't really been tested, is whether the greater rarity and the unusual circumstances of the manufacture would make the Matsushiro more valuable. (Somebody tried to sell one on eBay as the "missing link" that it is, but it wasn't in good condition and bidding didn't make the reserve.)

Here are useful links:

eBay auction I think we're talking about

Discussion of Matsushiro Valk (prompted by auction of the poor-condition one mentioned above)

discussion of the Valk that's probably the subject of this thread

In one of these threads is a link to a review of a Matsushiro at the Masterforce web site.

I was under the impression that MIB (or NMIB) Takatokus were all still pretty pricey in spite of the availability of Bandai reissues and Yamatos. If somebody pays $150 for a chunky monkey, it's a reasonable assumption that it's for collectability; otherwise of course he'd pay much less and get a Bandai reissue. ;)

if you got it for pure collectability, then someday you will be able to sell that to a hard core otaku much easier than a normal taka box/toy. that's a cool original variant that isn't a fake HK rip. the prices should stay a lil lower than 150 due to the almost identical bandai reissues of the takas, but still it's a nice find, be happy!

Please take your time when you type, then maybe we'll be able to understand your replies.

seriously, difficult to understand posts have gotten kinda comon around here lately.

"comon?"

The irony here is strong.

Seriously, looks like a great toy you purchased there, lavendar. I think the original Taka/Matsushiro will always hold their value to collectors of those toys.

hi there,

just like to once again thank everyone for their replys. just to answer some questions, I do actually have all the bandai/yamato re-issues(except for the 1/48s) but at the end, I much prefer the taka's. It's just slightly different when comparing to a re-issue.

Thank you for your help everyone!

Tai

is it just the "star force" matsu's that aren't stamped matsushiro on the inner backplate? Both my matsu jetfires are stamped matsushiro. My taka's have the diamond, my joon's are blank as is the gandam, my jetfires are stamped "bandai" one one side and "japan" on the other on raised bits or stamped "bandai" on one side in a cube and "made in japan" on the other side not raised [not counting the matsu's], and my bandai's ahve a variety of markings and stickers such as "hi-metal", japanese writing, etc. The british matsu release is one of the few non-taka's I still need. I still can't believe I can't find a cheap green joon's!!!

cool find lavender_blue... as long as you are happy with it it was worth it. Reboxed old stock isn't something you come across everyday and the box looked really nice. Heck... I bet you could sell the box for a bit and just keep the taka if you wanted ;)