Tenchi Muyo OVA 3

Effect

Hasn't anyone else seen this yet. Episode 1 and 2 have been released are subbed already. Personally I'm loving it but there are a lot of questions that are poping up, some have been answered but then again they just cause more questions addition to the unanswered ones.

For example the woman at the end of the first episode actually turns out to be Tenchi's older sister. Is she Tenchi's father's daughter or is she a half-sister? They don't go into but then again she and the father act like father and daughter so he coudl be holding a secret himself when it comes to the age thing since members of the Jurai family seem to live a long time and still remain young.

Another question I have is at the very beginning of the first episode, right before the opening there is a scene with Lady Tokimi's champion, which seems to be creation similar to Ryoko, behind him is a person that looks to be from the Jurai family but its so fast and I can't make out the face to tell who it is. Could be one of the members of his family currently at his house in episode two(several new family members show up), I really hope it isn't one of those. That part of the story and that character(Lady Tokimi and crew) wasn't touched in episode 2. I was thinking it was Tenchi's mother, a clone of someone or someone new. I just hope it isn't the sister since I like her relationship and the sceen between her and Tenchi.

The animation so far is great, and its pretty funny which is a given. Looking forward to episode 3 but it might be a long wait.

Ani-Kraze has it.

I have to watch it through again. Tenchi's sister said she was 80!?. I'm wondering about that too. It is OVA continuity now not TV, but still, Tenchi's parents met in school I thought. This new girl would then be Tenchi's half-sister. Tenchi's father is just human. Maybe mom decided to act younger and went to school, where she was actually much older. Kind of like Yosho was doing. I like that Yosho finally showed Tenchi the old man act was just that.

That is possible, she just might have done that. Tennyo's birth father could have died long ago and Tennyo woudl most likely have lived with Tenchi's mother and father while pretending to be young as well during that time until she decided to leave after her mother died. I did like how Yosho showed Tenchi what he really looked like. It begs the question will Tenchi have that ability as well even though he's half human?

Ani-Kraze has it.

I have to watch it through again.  Tenchi's sister said she was 80!?.  I'm wondering about that too.  It is OVA continuity now not TV, but still, Tenchi's parents met in school I thought.  This new girl would then be Tenchi's half-sister.  Tenchi's father is just human.  Maybe mom decided to act younger and went to school, where she was actually much older.  Kind of like Yosho was doing.  I like that Yosho finally showed Tenchi the old man act was just that.

we never saw how the parents got together in the ova. the moive is in the tv continuity!

Edited by Ali Sama

Problem being, don't the Jurai need to connect with a life tree in order to live so long? I haven't seen any of the new OVA yet, but I'd be more inclided to think she's descended from a previous relationship of Yosho's when he was still on Jurai. Perhaps not literally a "sister," but more of an aunt to Tenchi? Bah!

Ani-Kraze has it.

I have to watch it through again.  Tenchi's sister said she was 80!?.  I'm wondering about that too.  It is OVA continuity now not TV, but still, Tenchi's parents met in school I thought.  This new girl would then be Tenchi's half-sister.  Tenchi's father is just human.  Maybe mom decided to act younger and went to school, where she was actually much older.  Kind of like Yosho was doing.  I like that Yosho finally showed Tenchi the old man act was just that.

we never saw how the parents got together in the ova. the moive is in the tv continuity!

I noted that it was OVA continuity, not TV like the movies, I just thought they said sometime during the past OVA's that Tenchi's parents met in school or something, too. Since they are disregarding the TV continuity stuff, who knows what they'll do. IT'S SO LONG in between episodes. :( Either way, I thought is was established that Tenchi's dad is human too (or could that be the surprise Tennyo and Airi giggled about after Tenchi saw Yasho's real face?) Too long between episodes, too many questions spaced out. <_<

My guess is someone in the the 3 girls is probably more than what they appear to be (=bad thing), so we'll have to see what happens. They had to expand the cast so much already. They're at what, 4 new girls already, and the bad guy with light hawk wings. I am eager to see what the full explanation behind sis is.

Two questions that get me. Maybe it's just a "that's how it is" question, but we've all seen Funaho, Masaki, and the King, all looking young, wouldn't it be obvious to Ayeka, Sasami, and co. that Yosho is faking the old man look? Washu would probably already know, but keeps her mouth shut.

Also, Sasami's age. Why does she still look 13? Do Jurians age super slow including adolescence, and because Tenchi is part human that he aged normally through adolescense, and will now slow his aging? They show Sasami as a little girl in the earlier OVA back when Ryoko attacked Jurai.

No matter though, the Tenchi OVA's have always been a favorite of mine, not top 10 (see thread), but close, and I am very happy to see them continue finally.

Problem being, don't the Jurai need to connect with a life tree in order to live so long? I haven't seen any of the new OVA yet, but I'd be more inclided to think she's descended from a previous relationship of Yosho's when he was still on Jurai. Perhaps not literally a "sister," but more of an aunt to Tenchi? Bah!

Good point, I forgot about the life tree part. That makes it more complicated now.

The one episode every couple months format is bad enough with M0, it's even worse with this Tenchi OVA now too. I guess it's better than having to wait until they finish the whole thing at least.

Edited by Anubis

The whole Tenchi franchise raise a lot of questions but it has to be my favorite group of series though. I need to go back and watch the first two OVAs now. I get the strange feeling that maybe nothing is said on the father, he could be from Jurai as well. Keeping him human would make him a strong rock for Tenchi to lean on with all the crazy things happening around him, at least until he is old enough to fully accept things. I do know in the Universe sereis and the Tokyo series its clear that he's human and the movies pretty much take place during the Tenchi Universe series but I just can't remember about the OVAs.

The wait between the episodes is crazy though, at least like with Macross Zero they are worth the wait.

Edited by Effect

The whole Tenchi franchise raise a lot of questions but it has to be my favorite group of series though. I need to go back and watch the first two OVAs now. I get the strange feeling that maybe nothing is said on the father, he could be from Jurai as well. Keeping him human would make him a strong rock for Tenchi to lean on with all the crazy things happening around him, at least until he is old enough to fully accept things. I do know in the Universe sereis and the Tokyo series its clear that he's human and the movies pretty much take place during the Tenchi Universe series but I just can't remember about the OVAs.

The wait between the episodes is crazy though, at least like with Macross Zero they are worth the wait.

Again, very true. In the TV continuity it was explicit that Tenchi's dad is human.

OVA continuity, they never outright say. It could be possible that the name Masaki was no coincidence. It would also fit in with the Masaki "keep it quiet" tradition as explained by Yosho.

Aghhh, I can't handle speculating anymore on all this. Causes headaches.

I think Tenchi's mojo doesn't come from a tree (an example of that would be Sasami's tree being Tsunami, and Tsunami coughs up the wings of the lighthawk? haven't watched in a while lol) but rather from within himself (he can do that lighthawk thang without a tree, etc - that's why all those mad scientists like washu were so interested in him.)

It could also be that Tenchi's father is descended from another one of Yosho's previous marriages (I think it was implied somewhere that he had more than a few in his lifespan).

As for everyone thinking he's old, he seems to have pushed the lifetree taking root on Earth thing to cover that up.

Tenchi himself in relation to the sword is one thing I don't like about the TV incarnations. They push the sword as being much more important than it is, while as pointed out, he has his own power & can generate lighthawk wings by himself. Though I suppose Tsunami healing him could have something to do with that.

I love ep 1, you know with Techi's mom not dead and all. But ep 2 wasn't that good, too much question pop up, not mom but another sister, and techi's feancee, is she suppose to be "Kiyone" ( mihoshi's GPX parnter). Why can't they let it stay with the look of "Kiyone", which I think looks better than what's her name now. Oh did you know Tenchi Aunt was is Techimuyo GPX, so is this connected to that series? ,, well I'll just wait for number 3 :angry: