When planning furture buying

FlyingPika

This isnt another whine post, just wanna know how you guys think.

I know theres alot of you that like yamatos new take on the way of making toys. But i have to have my perfect transofmation. And with no news of any 1/48 comming up, my money is going to alternators. If yamato lets Graham tell us furture plans, i would save some cash for something i liked.

But thats just me. What are you guys gonna do?

I can only assume this has to do with the 1:100, so I figure with a price at around 40 bucks, I'd buy 1 just to see for myself how good it is. If it's good, I'll buy more. If it sucks, then I save my money. It's good to be just a Macross toy freak and not a Toy freak in general. :)

Yamato obviously will make a larger scale VF-0S, it's only a matter of time.

They're not going to announce plans for it, since its existence will have a chilling effect on sales of the 1/100 scale VF-0S.

They know otakus will fork the doughs over for anime crack regardless of whether product news were announced well in advance. They'll go on ramen diet for months and mortgage the house if that's what it comes down to. :D

Either way, when it comes to Macross stuff, I just wait till you people get it and depending on how many people piss and moan about it, how much money I have, and if I'm even interested in the thing, I'll get it, or pass on it.

Like he said :lol:

I plan on buying a q-rau... but then no more yamatos. no m&m's, no 1:60 GBP.... maybe I'll get one of these VF-0 pieces of crap, for all of your sakes. Everyone here says "i'll pass on the 1:100 and wait for the bigger better VF-0" But Yamato won't make a bigger better VF-0 if no one buys the little one... they'll call it a failure and stop before they lose too much money. but anyways, if Yamato makes no more announcements, they get no more of my money. these toys are expensive, I can't cough up the amounts they ask for on the spot. I plan my valk purchases.

I would just buy one for the hell of it this time. Mainly because it won't cost me the earth, and I'd like to give Yamato a little support. I still hate it though that they don't give us a future release schedule, I tell you they would love me if they gave me a future release schedule, I'd buy 40 of their 1/48s no problems.

At the moment though, Yamato needs to slow down, I mean sheesh: 1/60 Q-Rau, 1/60 GBP Armour, 1/48 Max, 1/48 Millia, 1/100 VF-0 months in sight....that's a lot to swallow at once man.

I will wait for someone to give a review on the VF-0 but knowing me, I will definetly get one at least. Everyone seems soo certain that yamato will release a larger scale but anything can happen (eg 1/100 sales were bad, Yamato ran into financial diffculty - knock on wood, don't want to Jinx Yamato, and etc) and there may be a slight chance that they won't release a larger scale. And if that the case, the prices of the 1/100 scale may sky rocket if there isn't much supply out there. To be safe and have at least a VF-0 I will definetly pick one up at least.

Plus I don't think we will see a larger VF-0 anytime soon since the VF-0S is coming out about mid year and they will probably produce all those variants first and by the time they have done that a larger scale might only come out next year. Also, there is still 2 more episodes for Macross Zero where we may see new stuff that Yamato could produce.

keep in mind they said simple trasnformation VERSION implying theres a complex one down the line.

What I do is this

1-wait till first version is reviewed not jsut by admins but by fans on this board

2-see if a better cariant with better qc comes out(with yamato i almost always do this and it aint bad waiting though i hate it...)

3-see what else i want

4-wait and see if the 2nd to come out has better qc or impending news of further develpments.

5-wait few months after etailers get it because they all slash prices if you wait long enough,

6-make my buiy if it is deemed buyable and worth it to me.

With alternators you got months to save bro..

with macross you do as well but alternators are more spaced out accordingly.

yep and since they are spaced out by at least 2-3 months u got a lot of time to save. Unlike yamato who has thigns every month so far..

in general it really dont hurt to wait. I got a lot of deals by waiting and such and by the time i finally bought my 1/48 hikaru i took pleasure in knpwing that...

-doors made to openb easier

-price was good since discount x mas sale especially before th yen hit the floor

-colors were awesome plus firwst hikaru 1S made

-no crooked skulls

-saved some money

The 1/48 M&M is really a rip off.

Yamato should bundle them and sell it at discount rate!

Since I'm a completist, I have no choice but buy all the up coming products.

I'm still trying to complete my collection with the first generation 1/72 mac+ toys.

They are so god damn expensive these days...

I have an extra CF, I guess I'll buy it a stand-alone GBP armour.

maybe they should slow down the big ticket releases, but they should definitly speed up announcements... and we should get to hear news here too... I get so annoyed when I read all these assumptions and denials for months and then some toy store put up a pre-order for next week or something and that's how we hear about the release on Macrossworld... we used to come here for a lot of things, one of which was news... but recently it's no news, just bitchin (myself included) why couldn't Graham mention that the m&m's were definitly comming out? would it have hurt Yamato so bad? think about it. there's all these people on these boards who know things and rejoice in their eliteness.. recently comming to this site has served to make me feel like some loser, "what's comming out?" I'd say, "What could it be?" and the people who know say "If you were to know (that m&m's are comming soon or there is going to be a vf-0 toy) the universe will collapse, Macrossworld will cease to be, and Yamato will stop making toys.... besides I know what is comming up and that should satisfy you I mean thaat's why you come here, right? to make posts that no one responds to, look at customs that you can't have, and find out if we know more than you, right?" and then other second-class Macrossworlders say "How dare you want to know what's goin' on? can't you see that Graham is busy? In fact, if you're askin' questions you must be annoyed slightly at the lack of news on this site... HOW DARE YOU!!!! YOU SHOULD LEAVE THIS SITE AND NEVER COME BACK!!! if you're asking questions now, who knows what it could lead to: expressions of SLIGHT annoyance? or even worse, type in all caps? how will my eyes recover if i read some text in all caps? I could be scarred for life! BTW Congratulations, (insert mods name here) on your (insert something good here)."

P.S. this rant was typed with a spirit of levity, its not meant to offend

maybe they should slow down the big ticket releases, but they should definitly speed up announcements... and we should get to hear news here too...  I get so annoyed when I read all these assumptions and denials for months and then some toy store put up a pre-order for next week or something and that's how we hear about the release on Macrossworld... we used to come here for a lot of things, one of which was news... but recently it's no news, just bitchin (myself included)  why couldn't Graham mention that the m&m's were definitly comming out?  would it have hurt Yamato so bad? think about it.  there's all these people on these boards who know things and rejoice in their eliteness.. recently comming to this site has served to make me feel like some loser, "what's comming out?" I'd say, "What could it be?" and the people who know say "If you were to know (that m&m's are comming soon or there is going to be a vf-0 toy) the universe will collapse, Macrossworld will cease to be, and Yamato will stop making toys.... besides I know what is comming up and that should satisfy you I mean thaat's why you come here, right? to make posts that no one responds to, look at customs that you can't have, and find out if we know more than you, right?" and then other second-class Macrossworlders say "How dare you want to know what's goin' on? can't you see that Graham is busy? In fact, if you're askin' questions you must be annoyed slightly at the lack of news on this site... HOW DARE YOU!!!! YOU SHOULD LEAVE THIS SITE AND NEVER COME BACK!!! if you're asking questions now, who knows what it could lead to: expressions of SLIGHT annoyance? or even worse, type in all caps? how will my eyes recover if i read some text in all caps?  I could be scarred for life!  BTW Congratulations, (insert mods name here) on your (insert something good here)."

P.S. this rant was typed with a spirit of levity, its not meant to offend

Well Graham doesnt want to post news cause yamato wont tell him news anymore if he does. It does suck and when I 1st came here, I was researching on toys and stuff when nothing was out (except for insanely priced items on ebay) and I knew the bandias and yamatos were comming out, so I held on. Your right, now its published in a magazine before we see it through MW. I wanna know if they will be producing a yf-19FP before I go and spend $100 on a ussed one or $150 later, that sucks. But its no ones fault except YAMATO not wanting this website to know info........we need a spy or something

Edited by pfunk

I've always felt that we get the product info enough in advance to plan the budgeting. The least notice we get is 1 month. It is usually more. We also know that the trend lately has been to put out one regular product a month.

Jan - 1/60 Q-Rau

Feb - 1/60 GBP (armor or combo)

Mar - 1/48 Max

Apr - 1/48 Milia

May - 1/100 VF-0S

The 1/48 M&M is really a rip off.

Yamato should bundle them and sell it at discount rate!

<_< How can they be a rip off if they are sold at the same price as the other 1/48s?

What he said!

Since I'm a completist, I have no choice but buy all the up coming products.

Addiction: compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal; broadly : persistent compulsive use of a substance known by the user to be harmful

...we need a spy or something

I gladly volunteer. :ph34r:

Edited by Draykov

whats your budget, well see how many wanna chip in for your expenses

Strangely enough, it's directly proportionate to the amount of product released by Yamato per month. :rolleyes:

Edited by Draykov

I'm not planning to buy the 1/48 Max and Millia 1J's. I'm satisfied with my 1/60 pair, and I'm not spending 400 bucks there. A CF, yes, but that's the only 1/48 I want in addition to the two I already have, if they make it.

That leaves me with the Q-rau, A GBP Armor set (for the Hikaru 1J I already have) and the 1/100 VF-0, or which I will buy 1. That's it for Yamato's forcast. If they ever get the 1/72 YF-19's out I'll buy two of them.

How can they be a rip off if they are sold at the same price as the other 1/48s?

But the development cost for M&M is mininal, just repaint an existing mold.

Think about it, car use the same chasis gets cheaper and cheaper towards the end of the model's life.

Why can't toy be the same?

Addiction: compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal; broadly : persistent compulsive use of a substance known by the user to be harmful

Sigh... Valkyoholism is a common problem here in the forum.

If I knew ahead of them Yamato will release M&M this soon,

I'll probably skip the Bandai Evangelion Chogokin in X'mas.

Now, Bandai has 2 new Eva coming out in Feb, I'm pretty much

have to make a choice between complete either the Macross series

or the Eva series. Sigh..

Think about it, car use the same chasis gets cheaper and cheaper towards the end of the model's life.

I don't see that logic being applied to any other toyline anywhere that happens to recycle existing molds. Not that I feel the need to defend Yamato (they are in business to make money), but I don't think one can justify making new releases cheaper because they've released a different version previously. Who's to say that the M&M release wasn't figured into the cost of making the molds for a J head/TV FAST pack arm armor/TV pilot in the first place?

Well, I need to plan more. I am just now up to date with the 1/48s. Well almost... (Yes I am talking about you Kevin at VE. Find that shipment. I was so looking forward to seeing the DRYL DVD as well. :D ) Anyways, I can blow nearly $400 (like I did at VE.) Soon it will take its toll though... I just bought a 36" HDTV ($1800). :blink: Bought $1900 bedroom set this month. In November, I bought a new laptop for $1300. Can you say holy crap?!?! :o Good thing they are on the 18 months no interest plan. And thos item were on sale!

Anyways, I plan on buying M&Ms and mutiples of them but after that, I dunno. I am budgeting my money. I need to save more money. Incredibly, I was saving money even though I bought 12 1/48s and 4 FPs in the past 5 months. (I dunno how the hell I did that but I did it! :ph34r: ) My plan is to get 1 Q-rau (TV version I hope), anymore VF-1's 1/48s, 1/60 Monster, and maybe a VF-19A. My hope is for a VF-0 1/48 but that maybe pushing but, I WILL NOT do what I did before: buy 1/60 versions only to see a 1/48 come out. I also hope for a VF-4 but I don't see that happening.

Dude, not everyone started off with the VF-1A Hikaru. Being nitpicky, there were a few important changes. I know it is the same price, hell, like you I wish it was cheaper as well (especially with me living in Australia, Japan and China got no love for us <_< ) but tell me, have you ever seen a toy line, any toy line that has minor cosmetic differences in their lines, got cheaper as they went? Never. You can only say that it is a rip off when they sell it at some ridiculous price, and believe me it would show. Our retailers would let us know immediately.

not sure if we could call her this but emiko may have been labeled a spy but then again not really. She left the boards after snapping one day and revealing a whole lot of stuff that yamato nor the admins really commented on. However months later some of the suff she spoke of actually came true. Aroudn the tim she spilled beans and got pissed a threat of a lawsuit occured and her informant at yamato got fired.

this isnt to call her a spy but really just to reply to what pfunk said. But also I tend to think a lot of the reasons why graham cant open his mouth and spill the beans no more is because of all that happening. I mean after that we barely got any newsletters or somthing and info was far and between to the poont where hobby dengeki and scans made it the more central source of info.

Which makes waiting an even better thing to do know...wait to see what comes out since right now...we barely know of upcoming releases aside from hobby dengeki or hlj putting up a preorder. Maybe graham should come up witha list of what he can say..

fpward it to yamato..yamato censors what he cants say...and those become the news letters. i say GAME!

waiting for the unknown gives no impetus to waiting. my motivation dwindles without a reason to wait... my patience is stretched... i wait years for these things quietly. my mind has to make up something to wait for.... a 1:48 VF-0 or YF-19 perhaps. Graham says "i know something you don't know" and I wait for him to tell me what it is, but he's not going to. Then what I've been waiting for is revealed! IT'S A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT! HOORAY! I've always wanted a big disappointment! Just think, in a few short months I can be the proud owner of some crappy 1:100. or I could pass and begin the wait all over again. Yeah, waiting with no news is THE GREATEST!!!!!!

I don´t mean to sound rude or anything but what´s the point of Graham holding back relevant info in fear of not receiving anymore early scoops if at the end we get to know those scoops in Dengeki Hobby Magazine ? I mean , why does he continue to have links with Yamato in order to know their plans early if he´s only allowed to revealed those news only after we get to know them in Dengeki Hobby ?

I know Graham is making us a GREAT favour but at this rate I think Yamato has lost (rather unjustified) the trust they had on Graham , hence he´s now getting news at the same rate hobby mags do.

Taking this into account it´s rather hard to really plan anything in advance and therefore my bufget gets corrected continuously.

I just use my insticnts and go with what I like.

By the read of Grahams post it seems that he does still know stuff. But you know what? WTF DOES IT MATTER TO ME IF GRAHAM KNOWS SOMETING THAT HE WON'T TELL!!! What's the point? to make me feel inferior? I come to this site and type out all my ignorance so that those who know can chuckle to themselves about how much more they know than me? maybe you're right though, and Graham doesn't know anything until he reads it in Degenki Hobby... but then he's just comming to this site to pretend that he knows more than us? WTF?! :angry:

...why does he continue to have links with Yamato in order to know their plans early if he´s only allowed to revealed those news only after we get to know them in Dengeki Hobby ?

Personal use? Hell, I wouldn't begrudge him that just because he can't share. While I don't understand the point of Yamato's "Skunk Works" like secrecy, I'm happy to still have the opportunity to get cool stuff. With early hype and long enough delay, it's hard not to be disappointed for some folks. Hell, people are bitching about 1/48 VF-1s and it's still widely considered to be the best VF-1 toy out there. I'm just as frustrated as the next guy when it comes to things like the YF-19, but what are ya gonna do?