1/100 VF-0S swap transformation

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Do you guys like the notion of swap transformation on the new VF-0?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you guys like the notion of swap transformation on the new VF-0?

• 1-SHin of COURSE not...perfect transformation only! or too small
    • 2-Sure it is going to be cheap and plentiful...AFFORDABLE..nice TOY too
    • 3-MIXED feelings. like how it is cheap, dislike the transformation

Okay.. it's not fear guys..

I will again use the 1/60 FP upgrades.. We all had our hopes up, and the project was CANCELLED.... Enough foul news WILL turn people away from a company. They're not afraid of competition, they're not sure what they're going to release... when they're going to release it, etc.

It's good business practice.... Don't promise what you yourself are UNSURE of release.. Hell, better yet, keep your mouth shut about a product to avoid building false hopes...

Edit: Personally, I'm happy with the possibility of a YF-19 release. If it doesn't come out for a long, long time, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Edited by GreenGuy42

I hope the yf-19fp hasn't gone the way of the 1:60 fastpack upgrades! But if it has, it proves my point, low sales of the first toy result in cancellations of all subsequent toys. I hope all of you buy lots of 1:100 vf-0s so I will get a chance to throw large sums of money at yamato again.... <_

But this could just as well blow up in their faces as consumers both abroad and domestic are apparently unhappy over the change to 1:100. There are examples from Japanese forums where they equate this new line to being like a Banpresto VF-0, except this will cost 2x as much. If they really wanted to "test the waters" without much financial risk, you'd think they'd go to a scale that has already proven its worth, IE. 1:60. A new fourth scale is just as big a risk as trying to put one out in 1:48.

But this could just as well blow up in their faces as consumers both abroad and domestic are apparently unhappy over the change to 1:100. There are examples from Japanese forums where they equate this new line to being like a Banpresto VF-0, except this will cost 2x as much. If they really wanted to "test the waters" without much financial risk, you'd think they'd go to a scale that has already proven its worth, IE. 1:60. A new fourth scale is just as big a risk as trying to put one out in 1:48.

WOW... Ex-friggin-actly.

Good business practice make "test-runs" with what worked before, not with something totally new. I think if yamato ever wanted to release a 1/100 scale they should have done it ages ago with their first toy lines. Not now. Though I totally believe that bigger and more expensive does not equate to better product, 1/72 or 1/60 should have been their starting point if they wanted small. Anyway, these better be considerably cheaper... if not, there is NO reason for its existence.

As for the yf 19FP, it already has been a "long long time". Maybe yamato just wants it to fade away from memory? ;)

Imode that info is awesome dude. Its worse now on japanese boardss huh? And com[arison to banpresto...man they must be pissed. Well tehn again they did compare it to the kayodo trade figures. but to be fai those needed likea million parts to swap at least with this its just a nose...kinda like gundam fix zeta plus only not really. still want full trasnform perfect

hmm so they still say its "the suck" do they want a bandai reivial like some of us?

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

hmm so they still say its "the suck" do they want a bandai reivial like some of us?

A bandai revival?!

that'd be interesting.... I guess maybe then yamato will more open to talk.

ehh... but then I guess it can go both ways.... bandai has some good lines and some horrible ones as well... I wonder if they can kick ass in Macross these days...

they could kick a lot of ass just as long as they dont stray away again into making trasnformable digimon an gundam variants like usual. Theyve got some great talent. The only company I think that can take them on in japan for quality toys is I think takara. I am sure if they can take a super robot and make him fully articulated with no restriction in almost all diecast metal and make zambot 3 and dancougar trasnform then they sure as hell could take on yamato. Why they choose not to or choose not to say anything if they are is beyond me. I agree maybe that would make yamato more open to revealing stuff. Or maybe its actually going on right now qand thats why yamato forced graham to shutup. Its quite obviouis he knows a lot more that he cant tell us. I thin the key to taking on yamato by bandai is to do this

-affordable price(they have don this before as most of their stuff doesnt go over 100$...but then again a lot of it does just not MOST)

-made it in like 1/72 scale to continue the macross HCM legacy OR dare i say...`155 SCALE!

-give it diecast in GOOD areas that dont wear down on other joints.

-multiple articulation on par with aile strike titanium gundam. or whatever the hell they call that one gundam tha wait METAL MATERIAL STRIKE GUNDAM.

-price it for like 50$.

-paitn that doesnt scratch off(shouldnt be a problem for them)

-styrofoam box innards.

-quality on par with superior SOC releases and with enough heft to satisfy chogokin lovers.

as far as detail I have no doubt bandai could take on yamato.

I wonder if the japanese fans are more welcoming for a macross toyline brand new made from scratch vby bandai or are content with yamato. BTW i am sure bandai could devise a transformation without swapping.

I wish Bandai would make some HGUC quality kits of Macross 7 VFs, parts swapping or no. If Bandai were to make VF (especialy the Varuta ones) kits on the HGUC level and sell them at the same price, I can just about guarntee that Yamato isn't getting any more of my money in terms of Maross stuff.

yea bui see those are models but hey if they did make them...that wouild be pretty cool. We know yamato got the plus license and bandais got 7. SO maybe yamato is waiting for bandai to unleash a new fire valk and blazer before putting out the YF19FP?

hmm who knows. It has only been relatively a few days since we have heard of the new 0 toy. I hope to god that we have more pictures on the way either by graham or by hobby dengeki. Due to the universal bitching...if yamato is making a bigger 1/60 or 1/48 perfect trasnformation toy..i have a feeling they will announce it either in a month or 2. Bear in mind it took at least 3-4 months for the 1/48 to be announced after the 1/60 was officially released. but with so much bitching they mgiht be inclined to announce the bad ass big 0 sooner then planned.

I wish Bandai would make some HGUC quality kits of Macross 7 VFs, parts swapping or no. If Bandai were to make VF (especialy the Varuta ones) kits on the HGUC level and sell them at the same price, I can just about guarntee that Yamato isn't getting any more of my money in terms of Maross stuff.

I have actually hoped Bandai would do some form of Master Grade kits for any of the Macross series. Especially M7, since they already have old existing models of them and could really use the upgrade (MG VF-19S/VF-17S = :D ) They have been upgrading old lines (Gundams and others) for a while now, so why not Macross. They just keep reissuing the old models (new shipment at HLJ recently), a practice which I find very...strange. Even the old 1/72 models, and smaller enemy mecha. Could Bandai have really given up on anything new for Macross?

As for Yamato, I can understand not revealing plans until they are set in stone and ready for a press release, but Yamato's top-secret attitude is getting kind of crazy. If the 1/100 VF-0 is a go, then why not flaunt it, get people excited about it. Several releases have come with short notice lately. Hikaru's 1/48 1S came, the GBP armor and the Max/ Millia 1J's are all coming out with not that much time ahead of when they announced it. Why the secrecy? Give people a chance to build up desire for it, save money for it, show them pics, and get them excited. Their website doesn't even have real galleries that I can see for their existing stuff old or new. If they want to build positive hype, they need to show the product. Even if there are no pics available some tidbits of info at least would be so useful. The GBP armor came as a total surprize when it was discovered.

The YF-19 has had no new information in so long that some people are considering it to be Vaporware. At least confirm, "yes it's coming. we are working on the sculpt as we speak, so please look forward to it est. late Spring" or something. There should be no problem confirming it's existance since it was announced so long ago already. If they are unsure of some elements, why not seek fan input. Are removable legs a good idea for the 19 (if that theory is sound) would be a great question for Yamato to request Graham ask us for example. Fan feedback could help in determining which would please the most people more. They have been throwing such small crumbs of info out at a time this last year that no one knows what to expect out of the releases amymore. There were extremely limited full on shots of the Elint or Super O, or 1/48 Hikaru 1S until people HAD THEM IN THEIR HANDS. IMO that's kind of a cruel way to handle releases. Especially when priced high like Valks have been. The GBP armor will be the same way at this rate. Once the first shipments go out, then good pics will come out showcasing how the armor attaches exactly and final detailing, done by whoever receives theirs first in the mail.

I like Yamato's final products, which is most important in the end anyway, but their methods in describing new products and such has left much to be desired. Some quick shots in a hobby magazine and that's it for PR on a new product is kind of cheap. Here it is, no we can't tell any details. <_< The 1/100 VF-0 intrigues me, but it would be nice to know something about it. Half the speculation threads here would be unnecceary if they were more up front. And again, to beat a dead horse, at least admitting the 19 project isn't dead would be kind of them, and wouldn't hurt anything.

lke is adi in the other therad...the japaense fans look here too for info~! So yamato saying they only market japan correct yes but that doesnt mean the japaense fans dont get their info from here! Its known thay they do!

fans in japan they left not only you but all of us out on info! truly the SUCK~! maybe they are planning something awesome and want people like me to shutup but no i shall digress I want info!

at least admitting the 19 project isn't dead would be kind of them, and wouldn't hurt anything.

I hope there's some news like that to admit... :unsure:

OK, it's not dead. happy? :D

Graham

I'm gettin' there!! so, Graham... TELL ME ALL YOU KNOW!!!! I won't tell anybody else. I promise

Edited by DrClay

yes and the VF-0 was made from scratch hence the fact that a lot of us wonder why we hear of the Vf-0 before the YF19. BTW wasnt Yf19Fp announced before the plans for the 0 were?

Why would Yamato want to expend their resources on an old OVA that's over a decade in its tooth when they can cash in on Macross 0, which is "in" and "now", immediately?

Maybe they just ran into severe engineering problems and had to start from scratch more than a few times.

:p

to build a better YF19 and satisfy the fan base the CATER to? A lot of people seem to forget that macross toys by yamato tend to be catered to older collectors like us. NOt only was the Yf19 hyped up but a preorder was even made. We heard about what was going on with it after summer but not much since then. Hey if we saw pictures and HEARd more I can tell you with out a doubt we wouldnt b bitching about it. There is nothing wrong with cashing in on macross 0. i am all for it hence the fact i posted again after a few months. BUt come on yamato you promised us a new 19 now give it.

yes and the VF-0 was made from scratch hence the fact that a lot of us wonder why we hear of the Vf-0 before the YF19.  BTW wasnt Yf19Fp announced before the plans for the 0 were?

Why would Yamato want to expend their resources on an old OVA that's over a decade in its tooth when they can cash in on Macross 0, which is "in" and "now", immediately?

Maybe they just ran into severe engineering problems and had to start from scratch more than a few times.

Because no matter how "in" and "now" macross zero is, the VF-0, physically, is a re-tooled VF-1. By comparison, the YF-19 is something new and fresh and dare I say it, far sexier than a VF-0.

WHOA should have asked this earlier. Graham do you know if the hip joints in the leg are PVC or ABS? I know it is either or but I am wondering if the legs could get potentially loose over time in the hip area like my 1/60 did. Maybe the possibility is diminished since its PVC but even my PVC MSIA gundam figures are loose...well some not all.

yes and the VF-0 was made from scratch hence the fact that a lot of us wonder why we hear of the Vf-0 before the YF19.  BTW wasnt Yf19Fp announced before the plans for the 0 were?

Because no matter how "in" and "now" macross zero is, the VF-0, physically, is a re-tooled VF-1. By comparison, the YF-19 is something new and fresh and dare I say it, far sexier than a VF-0.

yeah , the VF-0D is sooooo much like a VF-1 they should just repaint the 1/60s blue and call them VF-0Ds :rolleyes:

yeah , the VF-0D is sooooo much like a VF-1 tthey should just repaint the 1/60s blue and call them VF-0Ds  :rolleyes:

Actually, they already did, it's called the Super VF-1J Max Type.

The point was, the VF-0 transformation is "very" simliar to the VF-1 transformation and the VF-1 transformation has been done successfully several times, by several companies, w/swingbars, w/o swingbars, w/removable parts, w/o them..... in 1/100, 1/72, 1/60, 1/55, 1/48.....etc.

The 19 on the otherhand has never had a toy that was as well done as the VF-1 has been. The Yamato YF/VF-19 has an extremely thick profile. The legs don't tuck in as much as they should. Bandai 1/65 VF-19s have a nice, slender profile, but there are huge gaps in the back of the legs in order to get it to tuck up so tight. Given these two previous attempts at the 19, not only do the sculpts have to be scrapped, but to a degree, the transformation has to be taken from a new approach too.

So yeah, the VF-0D doesn't really look anything like the VF-1s, but if you take away the big wings, is it really THAT different.

Edited by tom64ss

yeah , the VF-0D is sooooo much like a VF-1 tthey should just repaint the 1/60s blue and call them VF-0Ds  :rolleyes:

Actually, they already did, it's called the Super VF-1J Max Type.

The point was, the VF-0 transformation is "very" simliar to the VF-1 transformation and the VF-1 transformation has been done successfully several times, by several companies, w/swingbars, w/o swingbars, w/removable parts, w/o them..... in 1/100, 1/72, 1/60, 1/55, 1/48.....etc.

The 19 on the otherhand has never had a toy that was as well done as the VF-1 has been. The Yamato YF/VF-19 has an extremely thick profile. The legs don't tuck in as much as they should. Bandai 1/65 VF-19s have a nice, slender profile, but there are huge gaps in the back of the legs in order to get it to tuck up so tight. Given these two previous attempts at the 19, not only do the sculpts have to be scrapped, but to a degree, the transformation has to be taken from a new approach too.

So yeah, the VF-0D doesn't really look anything like the VF-1s, but if you take away the big wings, is it really THAT different.

*clapclap*

It's really moot anyway, as there has been no announcement of VF-0D... yet.

I was more disappointed by Yamato's choice of scale for the VF-0. I'm guessing that they want to a wider gap between the "low end" Macross toys and the "high end" toys. With that in mind, a small scale, parts swapping VF-0 is acceptable to me. If the reviews are good and the price is right I'll get one.

I was more disappointed by Yamato's choice of scale for the VF-0. I'm guessing that they want to a wider gap between the "low end" Macross toys and the "high end" toys. With that in mind, a small scale, parts swapping VF-0 is acceptable to me. If the reviews are good and the price is right I'll get one.

That´s exactly what I think. Agree %100.