Dear Mods

I wasn't sure where to post it, so I posted it in the forum where my post disappeared from.

I posted about my friends and my Macross/Robotech related music in the Fanworks section last night, and today the post is missing in action. Can someone tell me if it was removed on purpose or not? If it was removed on purpose; why?

Well I thought it was a joke that was in really bad taste. I thought was best just to delete before people started to get offended. If you couldn't figure out that it's offensive nature got it delete yourself well then :rolleyes:

Oh and besides it appeared to be mostly refering to Robotech so it didn't belong here anyways.

Slightly on topic... more for the sanity of the board...

When you guys "delete" threads, do you actually delete the threads, or just move it to where it can no longer be seen?

The board I admin at also has a fairly high traffic/post rate, and threads have to be removed quite often. From what I (and a few other board admins) have found, is that when you remove a lot of threads (as in delete completely), it can sometimes cause some database problems if the db counters aren't updated after the thread is deleted (for thread numbering purposes).

So, what I've noticed on a few boards, is that there is a special section that is essentially a "black hole" for posts, only viewable to mods/admins, where "deleted" threads go. This is to both keep the db happy, as well as document user behavior (in case someone seems trollish, other mods can see if there have been other removed threads without having to consult the other mods). Nothing in that section is searchable (to the public), the posts in there don't count towards users post count, etc., as if the posts/threads never existed in the first place.

I know you guys already have a mod-only section, I just figured this would be a good suggestion to keep the board from going funky (i.e. wrong thread posters, wrong times) the way the old board would get on rare occassion.