just received Mahoromatic season-2.

treatment

welp! Got home and found Maho-2 r1-package waiting for me. Damn usps for delaying it since I know they had it in since last week, but didnt deliver for some odd reason.

Anyway, here's what the package-contains:

maho-2-stuff.jpg

It doesn't contain those gnarly-kewl character mini-standups stuff like the season-1 r1-packages were including.

Well, just an fyi to mahoro fanboyz. :) :) :)

Ok. I absolutely adore the japanese-dubbing on Mahoromatic and I've basically finished Maho-2 already some months ago.

Nevertheless, since this is a Region-1 release and it's been a long time since I listened to the english-dubs of Mahoro....

This is the first time I'm watching Season-2 in it's english-dubs and it's kinda meh-to-ok quality, although it's an all-star bandai/pioneer voice-actors cast, imho. Oh, uhh, they also kinda screwed up the pronounciation of the "Minawa" name, i.e. Mee-nawah instead of Mi-na-wah.

I need to brush up on the english-va names, but I did recognized a few english-vocals and presented here in their familiar anime-titles characters:

-- Rem/Shinobu as Mahoro

-- Keitaro Urashima as Suguru

-- Spike Speigel as Ryuga sensei

-- Faye Valentine as Saori sensei

-- Minoru Kokubunji as the boy-android Feldrance.

I haven't figure out who the english-vocals on Minawa, yet, tho it's at the tip of my tongue right now.

----

Oh, uhh, yeah. Did I mention Season-2 is very heavy on fan-service compared to Season-1? And it's not just Mahoro's?

hehehe

+AF4AXwBe- +AF4AXwBe- +AF4AXwBe-

Edited by treatment

• 3 months later...

Talking about me digging up old graves :lol:

****warning: may contain Spoilers Press your browsers "back" button NOW! ****

Just finished watching Mahoro S2

was a great show for 13 Eps. but sorry, Ep. 14 thrashed it all

after my eyes caught the progress bar on WMP I couldn't believe it was almost at the end

not only a miserable, but dragging episode, dark, dim, cynical!

nothing was resolved between Vesper, Saint and the Keepers, except why Slash killed Suguru's Grandfather

Suguru was beyond recognition, there was nothing left of his original character

expecting him to be the "sad" person he sometimes showed in previous eps

Hey Mahoro was returned to him, but the situation it was almost like getting a replacement barbie

"there you go a shiny new Mahoro (version 2.0)"

crap,..if it was that easy, why wasn't Mahoro brought back 20 years earlier?

sure as hell wouldn't have made him a copy of me ;)

but because of this he was just a cold apathic guy

if he was killed then and there it would probably have been a better ending

Sheesh, couldn't care less about him

is it me or does Gainax have a thing for depressing endings

anyway: Mahoro S1 was great! S2 is great as well, as long as you end it at ep 13

(Won't give you a happy ending, but at least a better one)

I'm actually afraid of the second season after reading about the ending, hopefully they'll do a movie once the manga's finished & follow that ending. Absolutely loved the first season though, especially the little Yamato parody of counting down her time.

I'm actually afraid of the second season after reading about the ending, hopefully they'll do a movie once the manga's finished & follow that ending. Absolutely loved the first season though, especially the little Yamato parody of counting down her time.

The last Ep. might suck, but there are still 13 very good ones to watch

Had i know about the ending beforehand I'd still would've watched it (sure would've been a lot less disappointed)

And I recommend it

and that movie idea sounds great, but there stil are no translations and my japanese is "rusty" <_<

so I've no idea what the Manga is about

I'm actually afraid of the second season after reading about the ending, hopefully they'll do a movie once the manga's finished & follow that ending.  Absolutely loved the first season though, especially the little Yamato parody of counting down her time.

The last Ep. might suck, but there are still 13 very good ones to watch

Had i know about the ending beforehand I'd still would've watched it (sure would've been a lot less disappointed)

And I recommend it

and that movie idea sounds great, but there stil are no translations and my japanese is "rusty" <_<

so I've no idea what the Manga is about

Not quite sure what the manga ending is either (or if it's ended yet). I just know it's another case of a series being done before the manga's completed its run, so a rushed ending was put out.

Here's a question though, did Pio...er genome...whatever the hell they're called, include the summer special in with the second season?

Not quite sure what the manga ending is either (or if it's ended yet). I just know it's another case of a series being done before the manga's completed its run, so a rushed ending was put out.

Here's a question though, did Pio...er genome...whatever the hell they're called, include the summer special in with the second season?

hmm, well the ending of S1 couldn't be used for S2 ofcourse, which kind of left them cornered, coming up with something unexpected was their best try, I guess

Heh,.."Genome" :lol:

well I don't know if the summer special is included with the retail dvd's ;)

(just resurrected a Mahoro-thread about my opinions, better than to start a new one)

my best guess is: No