Bandai America's Latest press release

Prowlus

Why can't they just bring out Zeta 1st then Double-Z, and then get Seed out towards the end of the year.

Gundam Seed is not that good.

Three reasons.

SEED is good, and a proven success with the Japanese fans (and online).

Zeta could not achieve the mainstream success SEED has the potential to achieve, so it's release has been scaled back.

Double-Z? Almost the worst crap in the Gundam franchise. I hope it's the last thing we see brought over.

Double-Z? Almost the worst crap in the Gundam franchise. I hope it's the last thing we see brought over.

Geez why does everyone think it is SO bad. I mean have most people even seen it? the first 13 eps have about as much content as MSG. I mean I personally think V gundam has a worst beginning compared to ZZ I mean after the first 5 eps its just them going through the forests for a good 6 eps.

And don't even give me the its to kiddie stuff. MSG, G,Wing, X, SEED were all more kiddie, and thats only talking about the first 14ish eps. After those it goes back to the mass darkness of Z.

And I mean even though it stays in the same area for the first 14ish eps stuff happens with the death of (assuming you people have seen it because you bad mouth it) Seaguassa (sp?) and yazan.

And then their are the people who only have read the MAHQ reviews and think that somehow this show embarasses the Z's cast of characters. I mean first Cammile is in a coma... Fa never was a good pilot EVER and yazan was always a wierdo. AND EVEYONE ELSE DIED!!! actually bright did have to catch a chicken.

wow sorry to rant on but I really don't like the people who

1. Heard from their online buddy that ZZ sucked so therefore it must. this also works with it must be good cause some people say so.

2. read bad reviews of it and don't even bother watching it.

Edited by bob joe mac

I'm sorry, but no, 0079 had nothing even remotely as juvenile as what went on in the first "20" episodes of ZZ. MOON MOON!!!!

With that said, I did like the rest of ZZ, and as such, can look past its shotty beginnings. 0079 Is a far superior show though, as was Zeta.

Mobile Suit Gundam may suffer from poor animation due largely to its age, but it still remains a groundbreaking series with memorable characters and an excellent story.

Zeta Gundam is, by far, the best of all the Gundam series/movies/OVAs I've seen.

ZZ Gundam had a ridiculously corny start, but once you get around it, ZZ Gundam really picks up and ends up being one of the better Gundam series. And I thought Moon Moon was actually kinda cool.

Victory Gundam had the worst beginning ever, and that includes being worse than ZZ's. ZZ may have had a corny beginning, but V was just borning until they went into space. By episode 32, I can say that the story picks up, but the characters are still pretty bland. Also, it's like the polar opposite of Gundam X... Gundam X was a AU Gundam that felt like a UC Gundam, and V Gundam is a UC Gundam that feels like an AU Gundam.

AU Gundam is definately more kiddie than UC Gundam. This isn't really a UC elitist opinion, but a marketing fact. The whole point of AU Gundam is to attract new fans without having to explain the backstory of Gundam, Z, ZZ, Char's Counterattack, F-91, and V (here's hoping they forget about G-Saviour). That's not to say that AU Gundam sucks... I like Wing, even if it's my least favorite (that I've seen), and I loved X.

And don't even give me the its to kiddie stuff. MSG, G,Wing, X, SEED were all more kiddie, and thats only talking about the first 14ish eps. After those it goes back to the mass darkness of Z.

Oh please. I don't know how you expect to be taken seriously after a comment like that.

None of those shows you listed ever get even remotely as juvenile as ZZ, ever. That ZZ was a direct sequel to arguably the best entry in the series only makes it worse.

Oh please. I don't know how you expect to be taken seriously after a comment like that.

None of those shows you listed ever get even remotely as juvenile as ZZ, ever. That ZZ was a direct sequel to arguably the best entry in the series only makes it worse.

Now I mean maybe you only saw a few select episodes of ZZ. But I never recal things like hundreds of thousands of people dieing because the federation thought the earth was over populated. Little girls dieing horrible deaths, suicide, and all the good childish stuff.

Now while on the other hand we have Wing, G, X, SEED which have HUNDREDS of kiddie attractions and if you can't find them you must be quite dense. Heres a few just in case you can't pick them out. I assume you havee seen the gundams in these correct and the characters and how goofy certain scenes are. And you say these are less childish then ZZ?

Hmmmm well MSG may not be kiddie it is NO where near as dark as the others.

Now PLEASE tell me where all these points are that make ZZ less kiddie then lets say Wing or G?

P.S.- I have nothing against these shows I enjoy them all but they are kiddie.

All Gundam shows are kiddie shows.... anyway for those who care Zeta has been added to the official Gundam site

http://www.gundamofficial.com/

Finally! B))

Given that Gundamofficial has now updated with a ton of Zeta Gundam stuff, it's certain that Zeta will see the first release in some form or another. Wether it's just the DVD box or box set + broadcast remains to be seen. But it still looks like Zeta is on deck. Those toy sites get info on toy releases, there have been errors in show release info before from those guys before, so I'm still hesitant to believe Bandai bumped Zeta yet in favor of Seed.

Official Zeta press releases should not be too far off now either way.

That and the news portion on Zeta Gundam's section says this:

Preview info added for Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (up to episode 13). More to come when the show is released in N. America.

Zeta still looks to be quite in.

Edited by Anubis

• 2 weeks later...

Well I stand corrected.

It really is official. Link

Seed will broadcast before Zeta does. Starts April 17th.

Zeta's DVD release is still unaffected it would apprear. If there was any change there it would have been on Anime On DVD by now, and the bandai spokesman has already confirmed the box set release of Zeta a few times, just not how soon yet.

The Gundam Seed manga will begin release by Del Rey April 30th.

Edited by Anubis

Unfortunately, the mentality of people is to believe newer is better. With kids these days, it's all about the flash and effects. Everything else went out the window. <_<

Well put. That is the true reason that 0079 (man I hate the MSG acronym) failed on CN. The 9/11 cop-out holds no weight for 08th Team was released a two weeks after the incident and run thrice I belive. The only post 9/11 screening 0079 got was on the (then) Weekly Adult Swim Action up to Operation Odessa. If these dumb kids don't like Zeta, then little heads shall roll and blood shall flow like milk into the streets. MWAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Man, here's a clip from Bandai's official press release regarding Seed from Anime On DVD:

Gundam Seed will air Saturday evenings on Cartoon Network beginning in April 2004. In addition, Bandai Entertainment has begun discussion with potential licensing partners on the Gundam Seed property.

Saturday Night Only!?! :angry: Sucks. Why not put the damn show on Adult Swim. It was bad enough they did that to Hack Sign and it was only 26 episodes.

Also regarding the DVD release

In addition, Bandai Entertainment will soon unveil plans to distribute the Gundam Seed series on DVD home video beginning Fall 2004. For information on Gundam Seed, please visit the official Gundam website at www.gundamofficial.com.

OK. Zeta is not completely confirmed, but reliably sourced to have a September release date, so Seed will follow soon after looking at this. Being a new show, I would expect a Disc 1+box release like Bandai and most others have been doing lately. Zeta we'll get lucky on and still get the box at once deal. Nothing's changed there so far yet.

The Saturday only thing stinks though. Hopefully it will be temporary and will go to Adult Swim soon. Even Toonami, though it would have be edited some there. <_<

Edited by Anubis

Bah! Just get the DVDs and be happy. I bed the Saturday run will be edited like crazy anyways. You are better off getting the DVD.

Anyword if Bandai cut off the clip episode that was nothing but a comercial for TMRevolution and their shitty shitty songs?

Yeah, that is true, even on Saturday night they are editing some shows. Blue Gender wasn't too bad on the edits, and Inu Yasha is not being touched at all any more, so there is some hope at least. There wasn't really all that much to edit out of Seed. One episode a week though is kind of crazy for a 50 episode show. Yeah, that's how they did it in Japan, but come on. Oh well, fansubs for the moment, DVD's in fall.

Edited by Anubis