Green Valkyrie, yellow book.

Wicked Ace

Two questions - one thread.

1. Is there anything special about the Green Joon's brand valkyrie?

2. I have a Macross movie book, that comes in a yellow, fading to brown box; does anybody know what it is worth?

The green joons is just a green VF-01. Joons, while the best of the VF-1 Bootlegs, is still a bootleg and suffers from shoddy construction.

1.  Is there anything special about the Green Joon's brand valkyrie?

2.  I have a Macross movie book, that comes in a yellow, fading to brown box; does anybody know what it is worth?

The green joons is just a green VF-01. Joons, while the best of the VF-1 Bootlegs, is still a bootleg and suffers from shoddy construction.

Thanks. Somebody mentioned that they were "rare," and I was a little hesitant to customize it.

ok, to answer your second question, could it be the macross gold book? Is the box that it comes in gold? and is the book cover silver? If so, then this book ranges from 100 to 200 depending if it comes with the filmstrip, poster and the leaflet on the cover. If it comes with all those extras, then it'll be worth more. If you can, try and post up some pix so we can tell you exactly what it is.

ok, to answer your second question, could it be the macross gold book? Is the box that it comes in gold? and is the book cover silver? If so, then this book ranges from 100 to 200 depending if it comes with the filmstrip, poster and the leaflet on the cover. If it comes with all those extras, then it'll be worth more. If you can, try and post up some pix so we can tell you exactly what it is.

That sure sounds like the book. I wish I had it in front of me, but it's at my mother's house (in a different town). I do remember a VF-1A charcoal textured fold-out poster at the back of it.

1.  Is there anything special about the Green Joon's brand valkyrie?

2.  I have a Macross movie book, that comes in a yellow, fading to brown box; does anybody know what it is worth?

Thanks. Somebody mentioned that they were "rare," and I was a little hesitant to customize it.

They are the rarest of the Joons I think. I'd hang onto it, there are plenty of 5 dollar crappy VF-1 bootlegs for sale off of ebay if your looking for something to customize.

Edited by GobotFool

That sure sounds like the book. I wish I had it in front of me, but it's at my mother's house (in a different town). I do remember a VF-1A charcoal textured fold-out poster at the back of it.

yes, the poster is actually the super or strike vf-1s and it shows the interior of the valk. The poster is black and it's fairly pretty big. Are you planning on selling it? or you plan on keeping it? Just wondering cause there are some people here who are still looking for that book.

yes, the poster is actually the super or strike vf-1s and it shows the interior of the valk. The poster is black and it's fairly pretty big. Are you planning on selling it? or you plan on keeping it? Just wondering cause there are some people here who are still looking for that book.

I'm planning on keeping it, but I was curious about what it was worth. I found the book for $25 at a used book store and wanted to know how good of a "deal" I got.

I'm planning on keeping it, but I was curious about what it was worth. I found the book for $25 at a used book store and wanted to know how good of a "deal" I got.

wow, that is hell of a deal. The price on the book itself is actually 50 bucks I believe. You got it for half that price. Good job! When did you buy this book? I'm guess you got this book like way back in the day, huh? Either way, you got it for half it's initial price. That's good! Considering that I paid 150 for mine! :p:D:lol:

They are the rarest of the Joons I think. I'd hang onto it, there are plenty of 5 dollar crappy VF-1 bootlegs for sale off of ebay if your looking for something to customize.

I've got one of 'em and I think it's very cool.

Actually a green Joons was my 1st valk, so It hold a special place in my heart :)

I've got one of 'em and I think it's very cool.

Actually a green Joons was my 1st valk, so It hold a special place in my heart :)

I'm thinking that the green joons is kinda rare myself, seeing as it's the only one I still need :blink: . I even have an empty joons box just waiting for the one I know somebody around here is gonna trade me :rolleyes: .

I've seen a few on ebay and they seem to average around $30 but they don't come up that often. Last time one came up I told my wife to up the bid on the joons... naturally I forgot I was bidding on two so I ended up with a second patriot :(

I'm totally mesmerized by it... :lol:

I won't even say what I paid for mine... but I did get the poster (albeit separately) that is unfolded. The only one of its kind that I know of to be in existence!

hee, hee i've seen another one. and not a bootleg =D

the green joons is cool, if you want to sell or trade it for another valk to customize lemme know.

I think there's an image of it on one of the imacross servers. (Checks.) Yup, it is. On imacross4, /Downloads/macross miscellaneous/pictures/dyrl_poster.jpg.

See the pinned imacross thread for info on getting in. It's slow, but it provides an invaluable service.