InuYasha

Oihan

I've become infatuated, so to say, with the show. The more episodes I see, the more I want to watch. Just exactly how many episodes are there? And I can't seem to find any good websites on the show. Only Amazon.com type sites. Which brings me to my next two questions. Would either of you know of any good InuYasha sites? And I saw that there is the Limited Edition Box Sets and other Box sets...I'm not sure what's what and what would be good to get and so forth as far as DVDs go. Any help in that department? Thanks in advance.

there's over or about 120 episodes....i forgot how many exactly...also, there's a lot of good inuyasha sites...you just have to look long and hard like i did...i would give you some links to some good sites but my computer (cuz it's just a piece of crap) was resently reformated and i didn't save any of the links :(

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Here are two good InuYasha websites:

~ http://www.chibiexplosion.com/inuyasha/index.html

~ http://www.wot-club.org.uk/Inuyasha/

Hopefully the first website will help you buy the any Inu Yasha volumes.

Personally, I own volumes 1-14, 15 still on pre-order. I'm still waiting for volumes 16-21 to come out! The second website translates the manga version.

That's how I was able to stay in advance with the series.

The series is still being aired in japan currently in it's fifth season so far up to episode140.

Hopefully this helps.

Edited by Angel's Fury

I just downloaded episode 133. It was dragging slightly there for a little, but there has been some good stuff the last few episodes, and looks like they are beginning to move towards tying things up. There has even been relationship progress, and not many jewel shards left. They even gave a very specific number that are left, and very low.

Is there any word on how long it is supposed to run officially? I am guessing 150 or a few higher.

Very good series. I really like the characters (mmm...Sango). The 3rd movie also came out in Japan recently. The first two are also fansubbed already. I would imaging they will be picked eventually. They need to catch up the timeframe where the movies fit in during the CN run. Then I'm sure they will come out.

As for the domestic release, there have been rumors they are going to start doing like they did with Ranma and release it in similar size clumps (season packages). This would be great because while I love the show there was no way I as going to pay for 3 episodes a disc like viz has been doing. In appropriately priced box sets, I would be much more inclined to shell out the cash.

The LE box with the first 3 discs and bonuses was a one shot thing, most likely aimed as a christmas item to generate more interest.

There is also a gift box that has vol 1 and 2 of the manga, with vol. 1 of the show.

Edited by Anubis

I'm just glad the brazilian CN already has a sizeable chunk of the series dubbed. The last episode they showed for season 1 was that gay looking guy with the crazy sword. He wasn't killed yet. They are going to start showing new episodes in a few weeks.

Too bad they were too stupid to leave the songs undubbed. The potuguese version of every songe is enough to want me to rip out my ears. <_<

Its really an awsome show, and the BGM is fantastic too. :)

P.S. Just a question... the main character, is she called Kagome or Agome? The few episodes I watched in english called her Kagome (or something like that) but the potuguese dub called her Agome. :blink:

Edited by Abombz!!

I'm just glad the brazilian CN already has a sizeable chunk of the series dubbed. The last episode they showed for season 1 was that gay looking guy with the crazy sword. He wasn't killed yet.

P.S. Just a question... the main character, is she called Kagome or Agome? The few episodes I watched in english called her Kagome (or something like that) but the potuguese dub called her Agome. :blink:

I do hope you are not talking about Shessoumaru. The guy with the fur over one shoulder and the little green guy Jyaken that follows him around? Inu Yasha's full demon brother? Shessoumaru kicks ass. Very interesting character.

The main character's name is Kagome.

I'm just glad the brazilian CN already has a sizeable chunk of the series dubbed. The last episode they showed for season 1 was that gay looking guy with the crazy sword. He wasn't killed yet.

I do hope you are not talking about Shessoumaru. The guy with the fur over one shoulder and the little green guy Jyaken that follows him around? Inu Yasha's full demon brother? Shessoumaru kicks ass. Very interesting character.

No Seshomaru. Seshomaru is an awsome character (one of the coolest characters design to date!). The guy I'm refering too is a dead guy who was brought back to life by a Shikon Jewel shard. He uses a really odd sword (basically, a bunch of swords bound together), acts like a school girl, and has a thing for Inu Yasha. I think he is part of something called the Army of 7 or something like that.

This is after Inu Yasha and Seshomaru defeated Narako(sp) the first time. And its after they went searching for him and "weird" things started to happen.

Edited by Abombz!!

ep136 was just recently released; volume28 chapter270 in the manga is also out in scanned form.

The only box set is the limited box set (which is kind of a joke in my opinion). it was designed to capture the x-mas sales and to bring in new fans. the box, which was originally supposed to be a tin but dumped, has the first 3 volumes of the series, a calendar, relationship chart, some cards, and it has a 15,000 production run. i would rather wait for the eventual season 1 box myself.

any other box you may be seeing are bootlegs.

No Seshomaru. Seshomaru is an awsome character (one of the coolest characters design to date!). The guy I'm refering too is a dead guy who was brought back to life by a Shikon Jewel shard. He uses a really odd sword (basically, a bunch of swords bound together), acts like a school girl, and has a thing for Inu Yasha. I think he is part of something called the Army of 7 or something like that.

This is after Inu Yasha and Seshomaru defeated Narako(sp) the first time. And its after they went searching for him and "weird" things started to happen.

OK, just checking. I read it your post as very early on, back when the cast list was still small. Never mind then.

The guy you were talking about was kind of gay.

They really have managed to bring more character devopment to Shessoumaru than I would have though back in the beginning.

And Movie 3 is primarily about them Inu Yasha/Shessoumaru and a 3rd sword of their father's. Looks sweet.

Edited by Anubis

Seshomaru is pretty cool alright. I'm just sorry I missed most of his development episodes. :blink:

I don't know how Rin started to tag along with him (I did see the episode she first showed up), I don't know how he got that second sword. I don't know what it means when his eyes turn red (I only saw him doing that in the Oyakata-sama story arch). But then again... I have no clue what they were talking about when Inu Yasha decided to take on that giant dragon on his own and he went beserk or something. :blink:

Seshomaru is pretty cool alright. I'm just sorry I missed most of his development episodes. :blink:

I don't know how Rin started to tag along with him (I did see the episode she first showed up), I don't know how he got that second sword. I don't know what it means when his eyes turn red (I only saw him doing that in the Oyakata-sama story arch). But then again... I have no clue what they were talking about when Inu Yasha decided to take on that giant dragon on his own and he went beserk or something. :blink:

Sesshomaru got the second sword called tokijin after he had Kaijinbo (Totosai's ex-apprentice) make a sword out of one of the fangs of a monster that broke tetsusaiga.

Sesshomaru got the second sword called tokijin after he had Kaijinbo (Totosai's ex-apprentice) make a sword out of one of the fangs of Goshinki that broke tetsusaiga. When Inuyasha does not have tetsusaiga in his grasp, his eyes turn red and his demon blood takes over his mind. Skip acouple of scenes.......

He goes to Totosai to consult him on how to make tetsusaiga light again.

Totosai tells him that in order to make the sword light, he must kill a giant dragon with a human face on his head called ryuukotsusei, thereby surpassing

his father Inutaisho and gain an attack technique called bakuryuuha.

For more info consult these websites:

Mods please delete the message above this one. Thanks

Edited by Angel's Fury

To bad Viz has the right to Inu Yasha. They don't do the best Job at making DVD's. Just look at all the recalls of the ranma series. I think 3 or 4 of the 7 Ranma boxsets had to be recalled. Then there's Viz's whole goofy release schedule and the fact that they only put like 3 episodes of any anime on a disk (DBZ, Ranma, Inu Yasha). Viz sucks!

To bad Viz has the right to Inu Yasha. They don't do the best Job at making DVD's. Just look at all the recalls of the ranma series. I think 3 or 4 of the 7 Ranma boxsets had to be recalled. Then there's Viz's whole goofy release schedule and the fact that they only put like 3 episodes of any anime on a disk (DBZ, Ranma, Inu Yasha). Viz sucks!

huh? as far as i can remember there was only 1 trade in program setup for i think the season2 ranma box set.

could have been worse..Manga could have had the license.

Sesshomaru got the second sword called tokijin after he had Kaijinbo (Totosai's ex-apprentice) make a sword out of one of the fangs of Goshinki that broke tetsusaiga. When Inuyasha does not have tetsusaiga in his grasp, his eyes turn red and his demon blood takes over his mind. Skip acouple of scenes.......

He goes to Totosai to consult him on how to make tetsusaiga light again.

Totosai tells him that in order to make the sword light, he must kill a giant dragon with a human face on his head called ryuukotsusei, thereby surpassing

his father Inutaisho and gain an attack technique called bakuryuuha.

For more info consult these websites:

Mods please delete the message above this one. Thanks

The part about the Ryuukutsei and the bakuryuuha I'm know. I saw those episodes. Though... kind of annoyed me that Ryuukutsei would be so easily killed. <_<

The red eyes are like his version of going super-powered. It's been ages since I watched, but Inuyasha busted out his super crazy swing with the tessaiga and nailed Sesshomaru with it. While Sesshomaru was recovering Rin found him and tried to help him. He ended up driving her away and when she was alone she was killed by a pack of wolves. After Sesshomaru had recovered he found Rin dead and he tested out his sword on her and she was brought back to life. She stuck with him after that...

The red eyes are like his version of going super-powered. It's been ages since I watched, but Inuyasha busted out his super crazy swing with the tessaiga and nailed Sesshomaru with it. While Sesshomaru was recovering Rin found him and tried to help him. He ended up driving her away and when she was alone she was killed by a pack of wolves. After Sesshomaru had recovered he found Rin dead and he tested out his sword on her and she was brought back to life. She stuck with him after that...

Yeah... I remember that part. I never got to see the end of that episode though. :(

Yeah... I remember that part. I never got to see the end of that episode though. :(

The ending to the that episode was when the Yasha gang were going to face off with Kouga.

By the way, have you seen the 3 Inuyasha movies including the recent movie.

What happened in the third movie? Did Sesshomaru die? Did Inuyasha get the third sword?

Please......I need details!

The ending to the that episode was when the Yasha gang were going to face off with Kouga.

By the way, have you seen the 3 Inuyasha movies including the recent movie.

What happened in the third movie? Did Sesshomaru die? Did Inuyasha get the third sword?

Please......I need details!

All that's up so far from movie 3 is the trailer. There won't be a good quality fansub for some time probably (I don't like movie theater captures). I'm sure a sysnopsis is somewhere on the web.

Mmmm... Inuyasha is great. I hear the manga is supposed to end soon. The show still has a ways to go IIRC.

It will be interesting to see both Inutaisho with Tessaiga/Tenseiga/Sounga in action. Also, the one that kills their father had better be Ryukotsutse! For some reason I've always found Inuyasha's father intriguing.

Mmmm... Inuyasha is great. I hear the manga is supposed to end soon. The show still has a ways to go IIRC.

It will be interesting to see both Inutaisho with Tessaiga/Tenseiga/Sounga in action. Also, the one that kills their father had better be Ryukotsutse! For some reason I've always found Inuyasha's father intriguing.

I'm happy to see some background on their father, too. I look forward to seeing it when I can.

How many volumes did the manga run?

Is there that much more to go from where they are now to catch up to the manga? It still seems to me like they are inching towards the end in the show, at least to me. If not 150 then maybe not much more from there. Going to 175 is a long haul if they go for that, unless the final fight with Naraku is really, really long.

Yep, the manga will end soon, but how will Rumiko Takahashi end it?

Yes, it was Ryuukotsusei that killed Inutaisho.

I wonder how Inutaisho looks like in his human form.

They don't show him from the front clearly in the trailer, mainly from behind and a part of his face only. Looks lie you can see the relation pretty easily, especially with shessoumaru.

Look like Inu Yasha and Shessoumaru will have it out big time.

Edited by Anubis

Yep, the manga will end soon, but how will Rumiko Takahashi end it?

Yes, it was Ryuukotsusei that killed Inutaisho.

I wonder how Inutaisho looks like in his human form.

I mean in the movie dude. I'm hoping it sticks to the story.

as for Inutaisho?

post-26-1073779573_thumb.jpg

Do you think there will be a North American dvd release of the three Inuyasha movies?

yes.

evidence - ranma movies

Do you konw when?

I would guess Movie one to be announced this year maybe. They may need to wait a while for Movie 2 until they catch up to where they need to be in the show, given it's Naraku content.

Their coming to R1 is a given, it's just a matter of when.