Yamato 1/48 starting to appreciate?

Ensign G

Is it just me or the Yamato 1/48's prices starting the increase in value? been checking ebay for prices and I couldn't believe the price of the low viz. $189-up. Also the Roy is starting to sell at $150-up price range.

Should I be worried and start buying everything before the prices become too steep?

Well, the Low-vis *is* a limited edition, it's gonna sell for higher than the others for that reason alone.

The newer 1/48s retail anywhere from $120-160 depending on who you buy it from, so re-issue Roy VF-1S 1/48s sounds about right...

Should I be worried and start buying everything before the prices become too steep?

I've noticed that too over the last several months. Most of the e-tailers and E-Bay list their 1/48's at $125 or more, and if they're selling around $99.99 the shipping is usually very expensive. :p

Jeez. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones......I got my Hikaru VF-1A for $120 and Focker VF-1S for $85 (both included shipping fees). B))

Well part of the reason for some of the price increase(at least for the US) is the that the yen is stronger against the dollar. 1/48s are about 10.00 more than they were 6 months ago when comparing currencies(14,800 yen = 135.00 approx).

I've seen the Low-Viz on ebay listed at 200.00. Just because a seller lists it that price doesn't really mean its worth that much if no one is going to buy it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=16467

I have bought today a Roy Foker valkyrie for $90 usd plus shippment (like 20 usd), which seems reasonable to me.

What do you think?

That sounds OK... most likely and original. If you got the new ones with the improvements then it's a real good deal.

Well part of the reason for some of the price increase(at least for the US) is the that the yen is stronger against the dollar. 1/48s are about 10.00 more than they were 6 months ago when comparing currencies(14,800 yen = 135.00 approx).

I've seen the Low-Viz on ebay listed at 200.00. Just because a seller lists it that price doesn't really mean its worth that much if no one is going to buy it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=16467

That is what I thought too :rolleyes: !

Yeah I've noticed the price increases too, but of course you could always get a 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru from me for $120 shipped (shameless plug).  :p

Any other 1/48's Soze???? ;):rolleyes::D

Hmmm... I don't really have anything terribly new, but I do have a couple of 1/48 VF-1J (non FastPack) that I can sell for $135 shipped (cost of this one was higher as opposed to the vf-1s hikaru). Other than that it's just the 1/48 VF-1S Hikarus....

of course.... if you were to paint all the red stripes yellow and the heatshield black, you would essentially have a 1/48 VF-1S Roy version 2... minus the Roy box! :blink:

now there's a thought! what better 1/48 to customize at these prices!

Edited by soze