simple repainting of theVF-17 & 19

arrow

I've been wanting to get a VF-17D and VF-19F but can not get myself to pay for the high prices. On the other hand, the VF-17S and VF-19S are relatively cheap. How difficult is it for a beginner to repaint the stripes white?

Is it just a matter of spray painting the yellow stripes to white?

thanks

If you want the white to "pop-out" more. You could do a prime first so the yellow won't be seen at all after the white goes over. To me, a few layers of white over should be sufficient. I don't think stripping is necessary.

Other members can give you better advice on this. Mine's just an easy way without spending much just for one repaint. Hope it helps. :)

I've definitely considered painting over the yellow stripes on a 19S before, but always figured I would actually strip the yellow off first.

Also, while it doesn't cover all of the stripe markings, the 19s came with backup stickers for some of the major markings. You could use the sticker sheet as a guide to mask off some of the markings for spraying.