Who is the person in this cel?

I was looking through the cel collection they have over at Mandarake and came across this cel under the heading ROBOTECH.

Now, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear this was Mimsy (spelling?) from Orguss. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

post-26-1071802820_thumb.jpg

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Yeah, it figures that I would probably get the name wrong. I could swear that's Mimsy, because the uniform coloring and her brown hair and green eyes are the same. But then again, I've never seen the original Japanese language version. I've only seen the first half of the series in English, and that was horribly done by US Renditions. And it was quite a while ago.

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Yeah, it figures that I would probably get the name wrong. I could swear that's Mimsy, because the uniform coloring and her brown hair and green eyes are the same. But then again, I've never seen the original Japanese language version. I've only seen the first half of the series in English, and that was horribly done by US Renditions. And it was quite a while ago.

IIRC, they used the name Mimsy in the US Renditions dub, so you were right.

Anyone have any idea how much they changed the names in the dub? Mimsy sounded Japanese-enough I hadn't thought about it, but I guess it makes sense. Its a shame they never released a subbed version.