Macross Mini Box Set

acbc

Hi everyone,

Need some advice on Macross Mini Set Box collection.

Previously, I bought a Mini Box Set 1 (AnimEigo version) and now going to complete the collection.

But today while checking in Amazon.com, there is a another version of the Mini Box Set by Koch Vision Entertai. Anyone knows whether this is the same version as the AnimEigo?

If not, is it good? I am trying to locate an online DVD store who can ship to Malaysia. Fortunately, Amazon does ship to Malaysia.

Most likely not. AnimEigo would get in serious hot water if they sublicenced the Macross footage to anyone else without Sauron--er, I mean Harmony Gold's permission. AFAIK, any other set other than the Japanese relase and the AnimEigo R1 release is a bootleg.

As for DVD stores, there should be some...just keep searching the web. If worst comes to worst, you can even try e-Bay.

Edited by Pat Payne

If it doesn't say Animeigo, with their black packaging. It's a boot (or RT).

Sauron is too good a term for HG. POFCWHB is the term. I leave it to you to figure out this acronym.

AFAIK, any other set other than the Japanese relase and the AnimEigo R1 release is a bootleg.

Not necessarily. It could be a different edition entirely. It seems that there is at least one legitimate Korean release, for example, which somehow is licensed directly by Tatsunoko instead of going through HG.

But what our friend seems to be looking at is a case of a misleading entry at Amazon. If you go to http://www.kochint.com/ and search on Macross, you'll see that they list the Animeigo set in their catalog. Koch is a distributor, not a production house, but somehow Amazon put their name into the wrong field.

Koch is indeed distributing for AnimEigo now (that's why you can actually find some of their stuff in stores now). Exactly the same stuff, just under a wider distribution.

Cool, learn something new everyday. It would be nice to see some Animeigo discs on the shelf for once.

Piece Of F#*&ing Crap What Huey Baloney. Ok, so I got stuck on the last three letters.

As for my acronym, I wrote it half-dreary at my desk this morning. I was thinking Worthless Human Beings for the last three. The rest was accurate. I don't even know if that was a good way to describe HG, I will just stick with Steaming Pile of Crap.

Koch is indeed distributing for AnimEigo now (that's why you can actually find some of their stuff in stores now). Exactly the same stuff, just under a wider distribution.

Cool, learn something new everyday. It would be nice to see some Animeigo discs on the shelf for once.

Piece Of F#*&ing Crap What Huey Baloney. Ok, so I got stuck on the last three letters.

As for my acronym, I wrote it half-dreary at my desk this morning. I was thinking Worthless Human Beings for the last three. The rest was accurate. I don't even know if that was a good way to describe HG, I will just stick with Steaming Pile of Crap.

I like With Heavy Bullshit.

I like With Heavy Bullshit.

That does sound better.

Kewl... I will place my order right away... at least I have something to watch during Christmas... :)