Ghostbusters Legions

Dies Irae

yeah, they look to serious. I love the movie and even the cartoons. Except for that new one that they released a while back. Anyway, I guess in the comic book world, everything that was funny and goofy is turned into dark and serious. :p:D:lol:

And don't forget that talking, haunted car! Or was that only in Filmation's cartoon version?

Filmation added a lot of stuff for the animated version like the talking car, Futura the woman from the future and a lot of other gizmos and gadgets (like the "suit up" sequence) that only animation could do.

The old TV show (1974 to 1976 I think) was just two dumb guys wearing leftover prop clothes, a guy in an ape suit wearing a hat and some very, very, very horrid special effects.

The old TV show (1974 to 1976 I think) was just two dumb guys wearing leftover prop clothes, a guy in an ape suit wearing a hat and some very, very, very horrid special effects.

Sounds like an paintful piece of old entertaining material.... sign me up! Now... if I could only find that damn SW special. ;)

A strange tidbit of legal info on the real Ghostbusters if anyone is interested:

When the movie was being made it turned out that Filmation Associates already had a show called "Ghostbusters". Due to the popularity of the Ivan Reitman directed movie, Filmation revamped their show and made it animated, "Filmations' GhostBusters" (a.k.a. "the Original GhostBusters"). So when Columbia came out with their own animated spinoff of Dan Ackroyd and Harold Ramis's "Ghostbusters" movie, they decided to call it "The REAL Ghostbusters" just to spite Filmation.

But that's not all:

"We've often assumed that Filmation opened litigation against Columbia. As it turns out (or at least according to Tomart's article) Columbia was free and clear to use "Ghostbusters" without Filmation's permission. When Filmation began work on their cartoon Ghost Busters, it was Columbia who turned it into a legal issue. You learn something new everyday."

And we Macross fans think we are alone in our little world of cartoon litigation... :ph34r:

Sounds like an paintful piece of old entertaining material.... sign me up! Now... if I could only find that damn SW special. ;)

Please, Abombz, in the name of all that does not suck, I highly suggest you don't pick up that Star Wars special...

Abombz... once you've seen the SW Holiday Special... you're changed. You cannot go back to what you once were. It is truly the end of innocence.

As for Ghostbusters... I never liked the cartoon or any of the other crap, other than the original film and the performance of the brilliant Bill Murray.

Those comic panels look more like Ghostbusters on Vacation in Sin City.

It was, IMHO, an attempt to recapture the mild success of Forrest Tucker and Larry Storch from the late '60s US Cavalry sitcom "F-Troop."

I'm just wondering when they will get back to the roots of the Ghostbusters...

Ahh, the days of Jake, Eddie and Tracy the Ape... back when Ghostbusters was pure and simple without the potty talk and special effects...

VideoLiveSeriesVol31a.jpg

CROM laughs at your ghost bustings!

CROM laughs at your ghost bustings!

Crom needs to get a life.

And I love it how every time Abombz brings up the SW christmas special, there's about 5 people who say don't. Don't you guys know you're just feeding the fire?

And can someone tell me why in every comic book nowadays, all the guys look like marines who have been through boot camp more than a few times, and all the chicks look like Aspen Matthews and Sara Pezzini put togeather with a healthy smattering of Lara Croft just to be safe? Please.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7