1/72 VF-25 been fixed since 2007?

Hikuro

I use to own the kits when they were first released and remember there being gap issues on the hip kibble not locking into place in fighter mode, and the legs not settling into place either.

Have any of those issues been resolved over the last 6 years with the different variants of the VF-25? Was thinking of starting back up but with the prices these kits are today I don't wanna buy a gap issued model kit I can't fix.

They haven't changed at all. The supers are an absolute mess. The regulars take a little TLC to get them to not have such huge gaps in fighter.

However, the tornado and Armored releases are top-notch complete with locking mechanisms for a tight fighter mode.

Still, if you can get the bare valks for cheap I'd say get them.

Even without painting and a little panel-lining they can go a long way.

post-25-0-64786100-1366395565_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-51758300-1366395571_thumb.jpg

The normal releases definitely take some work to get to fit together nicely, but it's definitely possible to get them to fit. Just have to be really careful trimming and sanding all the parts, and making sure their edges line up.

I never had trouble with the hip guns personally, but I did a mod to the wing gloves/legs to get them to lock together. I added tabs to the wing gloves, and cut slots for them in the side panels that cover the knee joints, right where the renewal VF-25s have them. Works like a charm to hold the legs in place, and the entire plane holds together really nicely with those tabs in place. I posted some photos of the mod either here, or somewhere in the Workshop section, if you want to see how it works.

I would recommend painting as many markings as possible though, the decals are terrible.

Edited by Chronocidal