Chobits question

When BoB has nothing in his mind, he lets TOTALY useless stuff bugger the hell out of him. :p

When Hideki first found Chii and brought her home, he dropped a MD as he carried her. What do you suppose is in it? If you have official info better still. Thanks!

Btw, I've never read the Tokyopop's Chobits manga, I've only watched the dvds, but there were no explanations about it at all.

post-26-1071231339_thumb.jpg

minor spoiler?

im about 1/2way thru the mangas, they have yet to specifically say but i tihnk its pretty obvious that its meant to be her memorys, or maybe it was a program to block her memories? cuz her other self does seem to have hte memories

Chii's other self, not her sister, is also sentient right? If so, is it even possible to extract her previous memories and put them on a disc?

I know that persocoms need softwares to quickly learn to do stuff... other than that, they're quite self sufficient by themselves correct? They seem to be able to learn many things even without any direct data input.

I have finish the show but nothing is explained at all, even at the very end. IIRC, the manga although more comprehensive as I'm told, is similar to the show.

Chii's other self, not her sister, is also sentient right? If so, is it even possible to extract her previous memories and put them on a disc?

I know that persocoms need softwares to quickly learn to do stuff... other than that, they're quite self sufficient by themselves correct? They seem to be able to learn many things even without any direct data input.

I have finish the show but nothing is explained at all, even at the very end. IIRC, the manga although more comprehensive as I'm told, is similar to the show.

spoiler again

well i believe chiis other self(not her sister) was simply her before she lost her memory, so i guess the data on the disc would be chiis other self, in a way. and yes chiis other self is sentient. i assume they tried to erase all her memories so she wudnt go crazy but they obviously werent able to.

If you really want the spoilers then fine

|

|

|

|

|

There were two "sisters", I sorry but I can't remember names for crap today. Freya and something else. The landlady and her husband basically invented persocoms and made those two as their children. One of the things they designed them with was the ability to love, but unfortunately, the first one fell in love with the landlady's husband, her "father", and dealing with that led to a system crash. IIRC, he died too, contributing to her crash. At her "deathbed" Chi downloaded her sister's memory into hers to keep the other one with her. This is why the other one is in there. To avoid having the same thing happen to Chi, eventually the landlady set her out, reset her, and watched until someone came and picked her up. Her hope was that she would be able to grow, be happy, and find someone for her to love. The manga explains things better.

I think the disc was either a memory back-up, or just an explanation on why she was there. I have to look at the manga later on. I haven't finished reading the last couple, only skimmed through them. The landlady also wrote the Atashi books, I'm guessing Chi subconsiously picked up on those.

Honestly I've always though some fansubs were better. Like signs and letters and things were usually translated in fansubs I've watched but when it came to the official R1 release while the subs were good things like translating of signs or letters that added to the show were missing. I really like how some fansubs have little notes at the top to explain certain words or explain certain reactions of characters since sometimes you might not understand things due to the differences in culture. I really wish companies doing official releases would take the time and care that some fansub groups do, they even do all these just for the love of the show and getting anime out to the public. You think companies would do the same since they themselves are actually trying to make a profit and charge a good amount of money for the dvds.

Edited by Effect

When BoB has nothing in his mind, he lets TOTALY useless stuff bugger the hell out of him. :p

When Hideki first found Chii and brought her home, he dropped a MD as he carried her. What do you suppose is in it? If you have official info better still. Thanks!

Btw, I've never read the Tokyopop's Chobits manga, I've only watched the dvds, but there were no explanations about it at all.

It's Chi's previous memory.

More spoilers

There is no doubt the MD might contain Chii's previous memory as Elda. But like what Anubis said, the previous incident, was a disaster filled with bad memories when Freya (Chii's sister) fell in love with her father. So, in order to prevent similar disaster from happening, Chitose Hibiya, got rid Elda (Chii) when she realised the dying Freya, had copied herself into her Elda's memory.

The following are just my assumptions...

The thing is, if that MD REALLY contained Chii's previous memory, isn't kind of pointless for Hibiya to have wiped clean of Elda's memory, then, dump her together with her past memory that is also obviously still tainted with that ominous episode of her sister and their father, not to mention, a back-up of Freya?

Also, I believe the Atashi books is a way for Chii to regain her "clean Elda memories" - that is to say, one that's without Freya's ghost. But I believe that in doing so, the Atashi story books, also "woke" Freya as a result as Chii came to remember more of her previous self - I was told that sentient memories are especially difficult to destroy... and Elda might have "hidden" Freya much deeper into her psyche that no mere formatting can destroy.

More spoilers

There is no doubt the MD might contain Chii's previous memory as Elda. But like what Anubis said, the previous incident, was a disaster filled with bad memories when Freya (Chii's sister) fell in love with her father. So, in order to prevent similar disaster from happening, Chitose Hibiya, got rid Elda (Chii) when she realised the dying Freya, had copied herself into her Elda's memory.

The thing is, if that MD REALLY contained Chii's previous memory, isn't kind of pointless for Hibiya to have wiped clean of Elda's memory, then, dump her together with her past memory that is also obviously still tainted with that ominous episode of her sister and their father, not to mention, a back-up of Freya?

Also, I believe the Atashi books is a way for Chii to regain her "clean Elda memories" - that is to say, one that's without Freya's ghost. But I believe that in doing so, the Atashi story books, also "woke" Freya as a result as Chii came to remember more of her previous self - I was told that sentient memories are especially difficult to destroy... and Elda might have "hidden" Freya much deeper into her psyche that no mere formatting can destroy.

Good way to explain it. Thanks for reminding me what those names were, too. Elda and Chitose. I completely drew a blank this morning.

Good way to explain it. Thanks for reminding me what those names were, too. Elda and Chitose. I completely drew a blank this morning.

So, if Chitose Hibiya, the Chobits girls' mother's, intend is to completely lay poor Freya to rest, then what is REALLY the content of the MD that's with the amnesiac Elda (Chii)? :p

Please don't tell me it contains Elda's favorite MP3 files cuz that's nonsense! :D

More spoilers

I think the disc was a back-up, but in all honesty I have no idea why Chitose would have left the disc with Chi. Kind of defeats the purpose of giving Chi a clean slate to work from. If anything I would have thought she would have included some form of explanation on the disc for who found her.

But then again, why leave Chi out in the trash wrapped up like that?

I leave it as a strange plot hole.