Secrets of the VF-14m7 P*L*U*S finally revealed!

dialNforNinja

I'm simply revising the artwork for the next update of my website, as I've done for all the other Varauta mecha. The revision consists of new scans for both modes taken from a book with better quality line art, colors that are much more accurate to the anime, and improved shading/lighting to give the mecha that metallic appearance seen in the best drawn episodes of the animation. If you saw thumbnails of the other Varauta mecha I posted in the Az-130 thread, that will give you a good indication what to expect from the FBz-99G Saubergeran art.

There is a UN Spacy version as well, but the only pictures available for the craft are rough concept drawings found in books like Shoji Kawamori Macross Designs Works.

Edited by Mr March

I've got a 'pretty good' line art version of the Queadlunn Alma from Macross the Ride made from a (fairly large) photo of the battroid from a con - it's still undersized by your standards, but small line art is better than no line art... Want to see it?

I mention it because it follows the same transformation style from the FBz-99, VA-3 and Feios.

If I can find the original image again, I once did the same for cockpit mode EX-Gear from some GK or possibly toy, if there was a toy.

Edited by dialNforNinja

Yeah sure, post away.

I got the FIghter mode of the VF-14 completed, but haven't yet started work on the GERWALK. Website work took priority. I finished the FBz-99G Battroid and seven hells does it look great. This next update is gonna be sweet.

I gotta find time for F-15 Banshee's Iron Man VF-1J Valkyrie too. That will be a sweet piece of fan art with proper shading and highlights :)

Just the fact that it's more new stuff on the Varauta mecha would make it good, judging by the preveiw thumbs you've posted I reckon something more along the lines of "inspires end zone dance" will be more accurate. I'll put the Alma up next time I'm in reach of the real computer instead of my PSPotato.