VF-11B FP

muswp1

Ok, this probably has been asked and answered before, but since I can't find the answer I'll just ask it anyway

Did Yamato fix the heatshield anf hip problems of the VF-11B when they upgraded it to the FAST Pack version?? I was hoping they used a heat shield design that did not require double-backed tape to attach it or hips that didn't break during the first transformation.

Ok, this probably has been asked and answered before, but since I can't find the answer I'll just ask it anyway

Did Yamato fix the heatshield anf hip problems of the VF-11B when they upgraded it to the FAST Pack version?? I was hoping they used a heat shield design that did not require double-backed tape to attach it or hips that didn't break during the first transformation.

Hip problem fixed.

Heat shield "problem" not fix, but slightly improved. I believe they added little tabs on the side, that fold into the cockpit so that when the canopy is closed, the shield is held down.

Heat shield "problem" not fix, but slightly improved. I believe they added little tabs on the side, that fold into the cockpit so that when the canopy is closed, the shield is held down.

Nah. the old one had thet also <_<

With the tabs, it really is an easy heatshield. You can't really click the canopy closed, but you can close it so there is no gap anyway, and the heatshield does not move. The pilot doesn't even need to come out. I don't really have a problem with it.

And the hips are just fine. Transformed it several times, without so much as a stress mark.

Edited by Anubis

Good, I really like the VF-11B but with al the constant horror stories I was hearing about the VF-11B's hips I was hesitant to spend $$$ to get one and have it break immeaditly. Although fixing that heatshield should have been a really easy fix for Yamato, I wonder why they didn't fix it???

I really wanted to buy the VF-11 FP, but didnt. I wish that they would have incorporated a hard plastic heat shield similar to the ones used on the VF-1 series. The one used is way too flimsy and easy to crack. As for the hip problem, I heard it was improved, but not really fixed.

i really wish they made a removable heatshield/canopy (simular to the 1/60's HS) i just don't like how the heatshield looks while it's on....something about it just doesn't seem right to me to fix this problem, i never bother to put the heatshield on...i feel it looks better that way anyways...

besides the HS i've had no problems at all with my VF-11C Fast Pack....hip is good, transformation is fairly simple...it's a really good figure....you really have to get one to really appreciate it...trust me, it'll be worth every penny

I really wanted to buy the VF-11 FP, but didnt. I wish that they would have incorporated a hard plastic heat shield similar to the ones used on the VF-1 series. The one used is way too flimsy and easy to crack. As for the hip problem, I heard it was improved, but not really fixed.

crap....i should've read what you said before i posted! :lol: lol :p

I've had my VF-11 since October. Transformed dozens of times, and there are no visible stress marks on the hips. I think Yamato fixed the problem. Besides, if it does ever break, it's an easy fix. What I'm more worried about breaking are those shoulder tabs that the shoulder locks on to (they're on the chest in Battroid mode), they look pretty small, and they're probably fragile. Again it shouldn't be too hard to fix if they break anyways...

there seems to be 2 versions of vf-11B out there by yamato. one packaged in the plane mode (the newer one??) the other in the battroid mode. Pardon my ignorance. pls help. thanks!

The one packaged in Battroid mode is the original VF-11, weak hips and all. It does not come with the FAST packs, but the FAST packs can be attached to it. The VF-11 that comes in fighter mode is the recently re-released version with FAST packs. The hips on this one are rock solid (knock on wood).

there seems to be 2 versions of vf-11B out there by yamato. one packaged in the plane mode (the newer one??) the other in the battroid mode. Pardon my ignorance. pls help. thanks!

The one packaged in Battroid mode is the original VF-11, weak hips and all. It does not come with the FAST packs, but the FAST packs can be attached to it. The VF-11 that comes in fighter mode is the recently re-released version with FAST packs. The hips on this one are rock solid (knock on wood).

I second that! Don't worry, you didn't jinxed anything. ;)

That by far the most durable and easiest to transform valk toy

compared to my YF-21 FP (not that my YF-21 FP got wrecked or somethin').