FOOD

Use this space to discuss food. Your own cooking, your waifu's cooking, fast food, BBQ, fine & upscale dinning, etc. I love to prepare my own food. My old man used to own a restaurant so I learned a little bit from him over the years - though skill-wise I got a long ways to go.

Made this last evening:

-Grilled Salmon (Al Ajillo)

-Steamed Brocoli

-White Rice (I'm Chinese... this is a must)

salmon.jpg

Being a college student, good 'ol home cooked meals are a delicacy that is rare to come by (unless your on break). Food here at Vanderbilt University is pretty good, with a lot of options, but it gets old pretty quick, and you can miss home made stuff pretty quickly :(

And I can't cook for my life, so trying to re-invent home made stuff myself isn't an option..I envy you guys who can cook....

Edited by Archer

S'long as it's a food thread, can I ask a question?

Can anyone out there recommend a good cookbook for blokes like me who aren't handy in the kitchen?

Jingiskan, baby. That's all you need to know!

Can anyone out there recommend a good cookbook for blokes like me who aren't handy in the kitchen?

Really can't go wrong with a Campbells cookbook. Used to have one, and the recipes were very straight forward, and easy. Pretty tasty, too.

Being a college student, good 'ol home cooked meals are a delicacy that is rare to come by (unless your on break). Food here at Vanderbilt University is pretty good, with a lot of options, but it gets old pretty quick, and you can miss home made stuff pretty quickly :(

And I can't cook for my life, so trying to re-invent home made stuff myself isn't an option..I envy you guys who can cook....

All I can say is that if you're in college, one of those little dorm fridges and a *good* rice cooker are your friends. The nicer rice cookers can do soups and breads and cakes along with rice. So if you throw in some chicken stock, frozen veggies, some cheap "stew" meat and whatever else in the morning, you can come home after class to some cheap, hot food that's actually good for you.

Having said that... the taqueria outside my dorm new me on sight and would call out, "Hello my friend, the usual?" as soon as I walked in the door.