Noob Vs. Models Vol. 1 1/60 Fan Racer

Benson13

Look great!. Where you find Hikaru?. Hikaru comes with the plane?. Best Regards

Depending on which version you get Hikaru comes with it. The first release does have it while the later releases don't. As for where I got mine, a private seller contacted me while I was asking questions about the kit in a previous thread. If you're looking for one with a Hikaru figure I'll ask him if he has another if you're interested.

Thanks guys for the compliments and constructive inputs.

I got the first kit because I did not want to miss out. Unfortunately I did end up missing out on the pilot fig though I guess I could have gotten that release too. It is a great little kit aside from the fact that the canopy does not close all the way.

• 1 month later...

So first off thanks to everyone who gave me compliments. I really appreciate that. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out so I was a little nervous about posting all this. Now on to more fun stuff.

First thing's first, this idea is totally derex3592's. I saw a photo of his Fan Racer and mine needed a stand. All the credit is his. This is one of those models that HAS to have a stand. It looks retarded any other way. derex told me he got his out of an old 1/100 scale ARII VF-1 model. After a little hunting on evil bay I got this one for $12 shipped.

2012-05-24_12-01-45_545.jpg

The 1J and 1S models tend to be more expensive. Also only the fighters have this stand in them that I'm aware of but if I'm wrong someone feel free to correct me.

I opened it up and clipped out stand, did a little sanding around the bottom using 400 grit and ending with 2000, and this is what I ended up with.

2012-05-24_12-01-04_35.jpg

From there I threw on some Tamiya white primer, did some masking, painted the outside red, removed the masking tape, and panel lined it with a fine tip Gundam Marker.

2012-05-31_23-03-36_306.jpg

Now the top nub into the bottom of the Fan Racer isn't thick enough to hold it so I did what derex told me and wrapped masking tape around it until it fit snugly in the model. I didn't push it all the way down either because I didn't want it to become stuck inside of the model if I pulled it off wrong.

Now here's a pic of the final product.

2012-05-31_21-47-38_624.jpg

Once again thanks to derex3592 for the idea for this stand and for saving me a bunch of money by not buying the actual one.

Yeah but I want to come up with a unique paint scheme. Since I really don't have a need for it I'm going to use it to try more advanced techniques like panel lining and weathering. I also haven't used waterslide decals yet so that'll be my first go round with that.

Also the VF-1D Hikaru fits great into the Fan Racer however, the Hikaru that comes with the Fan Racer doesn't Like the VF-1D as much. This can be attributed to the positions of the legs on the figures.