Urusei Yatsura.

I am currently trying to aquire another CD, so I wont be able to buy a Urusei Yatsura CD for quite a while, but nevertheless, Im intrigued.

Urusei Yatsura has a large ammount of beautiful music in it.

Ai Wa Boomerang... I, I, You, and Ai, Dancing Star, Koino Mobius, Kokorobosoina, Pajama Jamada, and many many more. Has there ever been a Complete Vocal Collection released for this wonderful series?

If you go to www.cdjapan.co.jp and Search for 'all - all' you find a good number of Urusei Yatsura CDs... But I have no idea what is what.

It'd be really sweet if there was a complete vocal collection! So yah!

-BEN-MAN-

Its... J-Pop... But... Unlike anything you've ever heard.

A few songs are very funny and whimsical, like the opening and stuff, but most of it is actually pretty serious. Koi No Mebius has one of the most interesting vocal progressions ever, and its pretty serious.

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/urusei/uymobius.htm

Overall.. You'd just have to listen to Urusei Yatsura music and decide for yourself. One of the reasons i love it so much is because its so unique! So yah ^__^

For instance... Meloncholy No Kiseki is... One of the most beautiful songs ever. EVER. I could fill a Zeppelin and fly it to the sea of stars and call it the King Beneraldas with how good that song is!

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/urusei/uykiseki.htm

Melancholy No Kiseki will forever be one of my favorite songs... Right up there with Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?. If anyone can provide me with a FTP server to upload to, I could upload a couple songs to let you guys know how it is. Maybe I can make a fan out of you.

-BEN-MAN-

UY is my favorite series, and has some of my favorite music too. Melancholy no kiseki is my favorite song of all time, and I also love Ai wa boomerang, Dancing Star and a bunch of others. Anyway, there is no complete vocal collection that I know of, but there's a complete UY music collection that has every single vocal and bgm on about a million cds. Very expensive. If you don't want to pay for all of the BGM, I'd recommend doing what I did; get the Lum's Best Collection CDs 1 and 2; they have most of the best songs, only missing a few like Good Luck. Lum's Best Collection 1 also has some funky comedy dialogue tracks with the voice actors from the show in between the song tracks; cool if you can understand Japanese.

Or you could get mp3s off Winmx if you can type the japanese names; that's how I got some of the more rare songs like moonlight coaster, lame iro dream, jounetsu no azeria, etc.

Good to see another UY fan. ;)

I love Urusei Yatsura - along with Patlabor on TV (which shared a lot of the same creative talent) - its perhaps my favourite anime TV series and the movies are wonderful.

This website might help you:

http://www.furinkan.com/tomobiki/uy/index.htm

And I probably won't do my credentials much good by stating that my favourite UY theme is "Born to be Free" from the opening of Remember My Love... :p

Honestly. UY was my favorite of Rumiko Takahashi's works........the TV series might have been slow. But the OAV and theatrical movies more than make up for that. GREAT characters and wacky storylines.......and that Oni-gal LUM. Yeah baby. Quite a bikini........ :p

I've got TV Theme Song Best/Super Best, which has almost all the good songs, and mp3s for the rest. My favorite is... Dancing Star or Good Luck or Rock The Planet. I also have Yuko Matsutani Songbook (singer of Lum no Love Song sings other UY songs) and Digital Trip 1800. I thought Digital Trip 1800 was the techno but it's the songs played on an old synthesizer.

Honestly. UY was my favorite of Rumiko Takahashi's works........the TV series might have been slow. But the OAV and theatrical movies more than make up for that. GREAT characters and wacky storylines.......and that Oni-gal LUM. Yeah baby. Quite a bikini........ :p

Ugh. I really wanted to love UY.

I tried to get into it by watching the television series and simply couldn't do it. It's truly awful and I can't fathom why it's regarded as a classic.

I'm getting ready to put the first DVD set on eBay too. Good riddance.