Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Max Jenius

I love this game as well. I have the X-box version and haven't experienced any of the aforementioned bugs. If they make a sequel to this game (which they should) what types of things would you like to see improved, changed, addded, etc? I think it would be cool to play with a Yoda type character. I don't know what his species is referred as, but they would make neat additions to your party.

Getting to chose sides would be nice, along with different races, and good looking characters. :lol:

Don't know about sequel... but Bioware is making a martial arts game based on KoToR that will most likely rule. :)

For those considering the PC version:(this from lucasarts)

Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible computer

Operating Systems: Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP

CPU: Intel PIII 1 GHz or AMD Athlon 1 GHz required

Memory: 128 MB RAM required for Windows 98, 256 MB RAM required for Windows ME/2000/XP

Graphics Card: 32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compatible PCI or AGP 3D Hardware Accelerator with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability required

Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible Audio Device required

CD-ROM: Quad Speed CD-ROM drive required

Input Device: Keyboard and mouse required

DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 9.0b is included on this CD. NOTE: DirectX may require the "latest" drivers for your particular hardware.

Installation: 4.0 GB of free hard drive space required

Supported Chipsets at the time of release:

ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9200

ATI Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800

NVIDIA GeForce 2/3/4 family

NVIDIA GeForceFX family

Additional Chipsets supported. For a complete list of supported 3D cards, please consult the Troubleshooting guide, or visit the Technical Support section of the LucasArts Website at www.lucasarts.com.

Recommended Specifications:

CPU: 1.6 GHZ AMD or Intel processor

Video Chipset: ATI Radeon 9200 or better, NVidia GeForce4 Ti or better

RAM: 512 MB RAM

BTW, I would really appreciate if someone can tell me when they make the xbox downloadable material available. thanks

Edited by zorprimal

BTW, I would really appreciate if someone can tell me when they make the xbox downloadable material available. thanks

I would figure as soon as they finished the PC version. Having to pay for live content is a really bad deal IMO. <_<

And I just love how they post the minumum specs. Those specs will make the game run... but doesn't necessarely means the game will be playable. :rolleyes:

I have an Gforce FX 5600 120Mb with an AMD 1.5 gig processor... it ran the game just fine. Nvidia cards tend to handle open GL games better than ATI cards do. The newer Radeon cards are mega hoss, but Nvidia still has this one licked I think.

Edited by Skull Leader

Was just over gamespot. If you own Kotor on PC, you need to see this:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/starwarskni...ws_6085140.html

It's about a patch, and it fixes these things:

Added two new "swkotor.ini" sound options: Environment Effects Nonstreaming=1, Environment Effects Streaming=1. The Environment Effects Streaming=0 option was added to fix a problem with sound pauses while playing the game with an Intel i845 or i850 chipset motherboard and a 100 MHz Front Side Bus.

removed the awareness penalty when running

Fixed "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects" option in "swkotor.ini": Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 to solve random graphics issues.

Fix to the Enable Hardware Mouse option when disabled to remedy crashes with ATI Radeon 9600 video cards.

Made a fix to a display issue with Small Fonts.

Fixed to a gamma issue after movies finish playing.

Removed the display of Force Points on portrait tooltips for non-Jedi characters.

Fixed bug where some objects in the game would give a sticky mouse indicator like they had an inventory when they did not.

Fixed an issue where if you changed appearance while Force Speed was active your movement rate would return to normal.

Fixed an issue with droid animation when the item they were using ran out or their target died.

The turret mini-game should no longer have the blur visual effect if you enter it with that visual effect turned on.

The Security option no longer displays for doors which a key is required.

Fixed a rare bug where the game could get stuck if an autopause was triggered at the exact same time as an area transition.

Fixed a rare crash that could happen when a Dark Jedi dies at the exact same time as he deflected a blaster bolt.

Fixed a rare crash on startup under Windows 98.

Fixed a few memory leaks.

One of the datapads you pick up explains how but what you pretty much have to do is go up to the pile of bones in the room with the rancor. When the options appear, as if you are looting it I believe, you have to place the scent item that will attract the rancor. At the same time you add this, also put in a frag grenade as well. That should do the trick.

Granted many of the puzzles aren't hard but there are times that the answer just escapes you even simple ones and you end up kicking yourself for not seeing it sooner. FAQs really help with that type of frustration.

I had a few of those moments in Jedi Outcast.

Damn swamp.

Vostok 7

Granted many of the puzzles aren't hard but there are times that the answer just escapes you even simple ones and you end up kicking yourself for not seeing it sooner. FAQs really help with that type of frustration.

I had a few of those moments in Jedi Outcast.

Damn swamp.

Vostok 7

Same here. That level design was just bad in my opinion. There was no way I would have found my way out of that swamp by myself without a guide. I spent far to much time trying to get out of that. I would have skipped ahead with a cheat but I knew I would have missed a cutscene or something apart of the story.

Edited by Effect

If you don't use them and you and other characters level up, when you do finally put them in your party they will level up automaticly to match your level. You'll then have to pick their feats and skills or let the computer do it. I love this setup. You just have to make sure to give them decent weapons and armor since you most likely wouldn't have changed theirs in a while. This great since you don't have to waste time trying to level up a character. You can just put them in, fix their skills, etc and be on your way. :D

Edited by Effect

I always try to play a game through once without a faq. Then, if I hear of mad secrets that I missed, I'll do it with a faq.

Yeah. BUt most of the time the mad secrets aren't so secret after all. :lol:

Only game I really yanked out a FAQ book for was Fallout, only cause it had sooo many hidden goodies. Does KOTOR have alot of hidden stuff as well?

I always try to play a game through once without a faq. Then, if I hear of mad secrets that I missed, I'll do it with a faq.

Yeah. BUt most of the time the mad secrets aren't so secret after all. :lol:

Only game I really yanked out a FAQ book for was Fallout, only cause it had sooo many hidden goodies. Does KOTOR have alot of hidden stuff as well?

Gah! You ruined Fallout by getting a faq?!?!?! :blink:

Same here. That level design was just bad in my opinion. There was no way I would have found my way out of that swamp by myself without a guide. I spent far to much time trying to get out of that. I would have skipped ahead with a cheat but I knew I would have missed a cutscene or something apart of the story.

I made it out of that level without cheating or reading any guides, but it costs me like a couple of hours searching every single bloody corner of the map to find a way out. They place the path in the most impossible to find places, it was a nightmare I tell you. That was undoubtably the worst level in JKII.

Some of us can't navigate :)

Plus, I had a GeForce2 MX back then on a crappy comp, that level was chopping up like crazy and I didn't want to turn down the settings. Oh well.

I'm hooked onto KotOR right now... it's going to be the death of me... I blame it if I fail all my exams lol.

I was half-way into the game, 24 hours when I decided that my character was too thingy spread out in the feats and skills department so I just restarted yesterday, I'm currently on Dantooine again. Stupid addictive game!

My favourite character by far... HK47!

"I hate all meatbags, except for the master of course."

GOLD!

Thats odd.... I didn't even give the swamp level a second notice. It was get in and get out... must have wasted less then 30 minutes to go through it. :huh:

Pfft. You know us male's navigation ability.

"I ain't asking for directions!!"

Vostok 7

Thats besides the point. Unless men have a problem going straight or following a path.... I don't see how navigation has anything to do with the swamp level.

Thats besides the point. Unless men have a problem going straight or following a path.... I don't see how navigation has anything to do with the swamp level.

Following a path? The natural path of the game leads you to that downed landing craft... And no further. At least the path I saw.

The damn exit was hidden under plants and a rock overhang in a little puddle... It looked like every other rock formation around there!

Vostok 7

Following a path? The natural path of the game leads you to that downed landing craft... And no further. At least the path I saw.

The damn exit was hidden under plants and a rock overhang in a little puddle... It looked like every other rock formation around there!

Vostok 7

Its called common sense!!...... nevermind. <_<

After the first few fights with the stormtroopers you get so turned around. Add to the fact that no matter where you go you end up back at the same place since the exit isn't in plan view. Like said its actually under the water in a corner. I was in that corner so many times and I had no reason to think it would be under the water. Nothing before that level suggested they would have done that. Not to mention there was the fog effect in the swamp, seeing the water falling down the rocks is all but impossible unless you pretty much up against that wall. That level is also setup so that you think there are other ways to get out. Like the trees and rocks that are fallen that you can jump up on only to find out you can not go any further because the wall just causes you to fall back down.

I see you ppl never played the swamp levels of Mysteries of the Sith then.... they were so badly designed I felt like shooting the producers and charging their family for the wasted bullets. <_<

Those levels are so bad you would need a noclip cheat code to figure out the layout. It makes the JO swamp level look like a straight line.

Edited by Abombz!!

Its called common sense!!...... nevermind. <_<

You forgot who you're talking to :lol:

Never played Mysteries of the Sith. Had a chance to pick it up the other day but I didn't.

I dunno, maybe I'm complaining too much. I mean, it could have been as linear as Red Faction :blink:

Vostok 7