Question about the new VF-1 unassembled kits

Frogze

Hi guys,

I just received Yamato's unassembled VF-1J toy kit and I have a question about the other versions. The VF-1J came with crispy decals for two main schemes : 1S Roy type (black and yellow stripes) and hikaru's 1J scheme (red stripes). I was wondering what decals the other kits came with, especially the 1A?

By the way I was intending to turn mine into a Milia scheme and display it in Gerwalk with the babypod attached. I doubt I'll ever transform it though since it will inevitably scratch the paint

I don't recall them releasing a 1A kit. I have three of the kits. 1J and 1 S( with option parts) and the earlier 1S version (non option parts). The earlier 1S version come with the decals for the 1J and 1S as well.

Thanks guys.

Vi-RS I think you may be right, but I was hoping the decals on the 1A version would make more sense regarding the valk type it comes with, oh well...

I actually have all 3 kits, but I'm ten thousands miles away from home which I never had chance to look at them.

Making sense? It didn't even make sense to me on the VF-1S kit, why would they put any schemes that already been released as assembled toy form on decal? They should have put some real life aircraft schemes (license issue I assume) or other Macross squadron schemes.

I have 1 of the A, 1 of the S, ad 2 of the J kits. I never bothered looking at the decals, as I just never saw the need to replicate a fighter that you can simply buy with the details tamp printed. I was thinking of making one of my J types like the Macross the First style, For the second, I want to do something completely original. For the 1S, I plan to do a Minmay Guard, and the 1A, well, maybe something completely original.

From what I've seen the only decals included are for Roy and Hikaru. The reasoning might be that since the wing stripes are white on the CF 1A, and Max/Milia VF-1J's, it's easier to just mask the area and not paint the white stripes, than to paint them, since the entire toy is molded in white. Whereas with Roy and Hikaru, if the stripe decals weren't included, you would have to paint them.