FAST Packs: The great dillema

Magnus

Ok, so a little while ago I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a 1/48. Looking around, I saw that the Hikaru 1S had just been released.....but wait, the IJ was coming WITH Fastpacks included.

Being the impatient guy that I am though, I argued myself into buying the 1S, which arrived a little while ago.....magnificent......no QC problems.....a truly amazing toy.

Now, i'm looking at buying the Fast Packs (argh, I guess I should've waited for the 1J after all). Are these things REALLY worth the 70 US i'd pay to get them? I mean, seriously? I'm horrified at how expensive they would be.

Any comments on whether I should buy them or not? Worth the price? Any ideas where I can get some at a good price?

Help!

magnus,

not only should you buy one!!!!! you should buy the entire collection !!!! and get mutiples of each to display them in all modes ...

trust me they look great and well worth the price that is paid!!!

i always hear people saying that they will wait for one yamato to come out over another? what's up with that? are you guys not try to get a collection going? or are you just buying one yamato and thai is it? :blink:

Edited by VF-19 pilot!!!

Yes, the FAST Packs are well worth the price. I have only one set right now. But I have two pre-ordered. I had to pay a scalper for the one set I got!

And don't worry about not getting the Hikaru 1J w/ FAST Packs. I don't think you save much money when you buy them as a set. Isn't it only like $10-15?

Best Regards,

H

Actually, the VF-1J with FAST packs costs pretty much the same as buying a 1/48th and FAST packs seperately. Go check the prices and Valk Exchange and see for yourself. The FAST packs are well worth the price, though. If you can afford a set, then by all means, get them!

Actually, the VF-1J with FAST packs costs pretty much the same as buying a 1/48th and FAST packs seperately. Go check the prices and Valk Exchange and see for yourself. The FAST packs are well worth the price, though. If you can afford a set, then by all means, get them!

I'd rather get the VF-1J, and Packs separately.

You don't get the Strike Cannon with the 1J when bought with the packs. I know, it's not canon that way, but you are paying the price for a 1/48 with Packs, and they haven't discounted them in any way, so the cannon should at least be included.

Plus, IMHO, the 1J standalone box is much more attractive.

If you plan on getting/already have any 1/48s other than the 1J, I'd get at least one set of strike/super FAST packs. I would feel ripped off if I paid more than $60 or so +shipping, but other than that, I'd say you get as much bang outta your buck for the FAST packs as you would comparatively to a 1/48 VF-1. Tam is still waiting on his next shipment, but he has them on pre-order for $52.99.

Edited by Draykov

Now, i'm looking at buying the Fast Packs (argh, I guess I should've waited for the 1J after all).  Are these things REALLY worth the 70 US i'd pay to get them?  I mean, seriously?  I'm horrified at how expensive they would be.

Is this how much they are now? Can this be a markup price? I paid $55 for each of mine and I thought I've seen them for this much. At Frank and Sons it's about $75 but I've only seen them in one location. Maybe you guys should wait for another shipment because I don't see the demand for this going down soon. Hopefully I can get some more after the holidays.

ADD: Looks like Draykov just proved my point...

Edited by >EXO<

I bought some sets of fast packs, and looked at them when they arrived months ago (sorry Kevin! ) ANyways...they looked nice, but I have been super busy and just didn't take the time to open them. Well, about a week ago I was even having buyers remorse...I had gotten no enjoyment out of them...so yesterday I took some time and took out a set and deployed them on my new Hikaru 1S in the strike configuration....let me just say..WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOW

The pictures don't do them justice....I walked arounf the whole house with it yesterday...just gorgeous. I tried out all the configurations, and set it up every way I could...Yamato outdid themselves with these....I highly recommend them...they are worth it!!!! Youll kick ourself later if you dont have at least 1 set to enjoy.

Ah, your first 1/48. I remember I was only collecting Roy Fokker Valks for a while. Then I saw DrClay's Hikaru VF-1A 1/48 and thought "My God... this IS the perfect toy". It's well built, transforms better than any before it, and it looks INCREDIBLE. Now some time later I have the whole 1/48 collection and 2 fast packs... Trust me, it is sooooo worth it.

P.S. Welcome to the 1/48 Club B))