VF toy scales

DarkHawk

Hey everyone ..... based on all the new information I have been reading about all the new version 2 items, are bandai and yamato using the same references for size scale when producing the valkyries?

As far as valks afe concerned, Yamato use 1/60 scale almost exclusively ever since the release of the macross 0 stuff. Bandai produces in 1/60 for their dx chogokin line and also 1/100 as well for their hi metal line

You might want to checked the pinned thread chronicling the release dates for the valks and their scales too.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn you, Yamato! Where's my 1/18 scale non-TF VF-1? That's right, I just can't let it go...

It would work out to 31.1" of Valkyrie toy goodness--IF you go by official specs for fighter mode length. Although, I've always been skeptical of that figure [14.23 m]. When you look at the old line art, and the proportions in relation to the pilot, it just looks BIGGER than that. And that'd mean a VF is only the same size as an AV-8B Harrier?

• 2 weeks later...

Damn you, Yamato! Where's my 1/18 scale non-TF VF-1? That's right, I just can't let it go...

It would work out to 31.1" of Valkyrie toy goodness--IF you go by official specs for fighter mode length. Although, I've always been skeptical of that figure [14.23 m]. When you look at the old line art, and the proportions in relation to the pilot, it just looks BIGGER than that. And that'd mean a VF is only the same size as an AV-8B Harrier?

There's a 1/24 scale by one of the members here, did you jump on that one? Not sure if he's still taking orders, but you should check it out. If ur a toy guy and don't want to build it, just commission Kurt to build it for you, and post TONS of pictures for us =)

Edited by peter

I think there was an official 1/24 release as well, back in the day. A non-transforming toy. (No, not the Matchbox version). VERY hard to find. I think there is actually one on eVil Bay right now. Just be prepared to sell your first born son.

Hey everyone ..... based on all the new information I have been reading about all the new version 2 items, are bandai and yamato using the same references for size scale when producing the valkyries?

There are Different Lines:

BanDai "Chunky Monkey" ReIssues 1/55

BanDai High Metal 1/100

BanDai Frontier 1/60-ish

BanDai VB-4 Monster 1/110 (1/100 ish)

Yamato 1:48

Yamato 1:60 (version 1 and version 2)

Yamato GNU 1:100 (I think this is approximate, need to verify)