Great Galaxy Dai Yamato

Keith

After a year of digging, I've finally found an official page for it. Still can't figure out if it's a full series, OVA, or movie, but there's some good info here, including character bio's, pictures of the new ship design, no cosmo tigers, an odd crosspromotion with an auto-service station, underground city designs, etc.

Definately still looks like it's a remake of the original Iscandor storyline, and a cool update at that. I'm deifnately looking more forward to this than Nishizaki's Yamato Rebirth.

-Matusmoto's Dai Yamato

-Nishizaki's Yamato Rebirth

For those who haven't been following, Matsumoto (as I said) is working on a brand new interpretation of Yamato, and Nishizaki is working on a new continuation of the original Yamato (guess even he gave up on the 2525 OVA).

And while due to the out of court agreements, it looks like Matsumoto had to change the character designs & names a bit, (I also haven't fully warmed up to the new Yamato design) he's got the strong story side. Nishizaki's got the original designs, names, and ship design, but he's no Matsumoto.

I can't wait ot check out both, hopefully more info will be available (& U.S. licenses) next year.

Edited by Keith

Thanks for the update Keith! Since Uchuu Senkan Yamato is one of my favorite series' I'll kinda anxious where they'll take the series. What's up with the sudden split between Matsumoto and Nishizaki?

I don't remember this kind of problem happening during the TV and Movie productions. :blink:

After Nishizaki got out of jail, he claimed full ownership of the franchise. They spent this past year fighting over it, and Nishizaki finally folded, deciding to split it between them so that "the fans would benefit." He initially won the case, but Mastumoto took it to appeals.

Luckily it was resolved before getting too nasty. My guess though is that Matsumoto just isn't up for Nishizaki's death counts anymore, and wants to put more of his own flavor into the story, and vice versa. Rumor is that Mastumoto's version will re-introduce the apsect of Harlock being Kodai's (or rather his new name's) brother.

Edited by Keith

:D Good to hear something new about Space battleship Yamato will eventually be released. In regard to seeing to either a Matusmoto or Nishizaki version, I appreciate the fact that Matusmoto created Space Battleship Yamato (along with Captain Harlock, Galaxy Expess, etc), but I woud like to see a continuation of the orginal series first before a re-interpretation.

I always loved the idea of Kodai's brother eventually turning into Harlock. So Im definitely sticking with Matsumotos one ^_^ Although I'll definitely watch the other also.

Long live Uchuu Senkan Yamato!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-BEN-MAN-