Contacting yamato

shdwfx2000

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm using a cell phone to check the site which doesn't do the job of a computer. I have a vf-11 that was missing his tail fin from the factory. Is there a way to contact yamato to ask for a replacement? I don't mind paying fr the part or shipping, I just want the bird to be whole. Thanks for any info.

generally you'd be much better off contacting a vendor. If you got through to Yamato it'd probably be some girl at a front desk who would have no idea how to get you in touch with the proper person (if Yamato is anything like most manufacturing companies).

actually Yamato's customer service is really good, but because they don't sell Macross products in North America they can't legally help you. You have to either go through a Japanese based retailer (like HLJ or Hobbysearch) or get someone with a japanese address to contact Yamato Japan's customer service for you.

best thing to do would be to call/email whoever you bought it from and ask if they can get you spare parts.

just saw this on Yamato USA's website too:

Please note before contacting Yamato USA that Yamato's Macross items are only available in Japan. We at Yamato USA, as well as Yamato itself, are unable to sell or service any Macross items sold outside of Japan. We thank you for your understanding.

Way back when i bought a 1/60 Ostrich and it had an incorrect booster, i contacted Yamato USA and they were able to send me a corrected piece. However, it was hush hush and not something they advertised doing. good luck

Way back when i bought a 1/60 Ostrich and it had an incorrect booster, i contacted Yamato USA and they were able to send me a corrected piece. However, it was hush hush and not something they advertised doing. good luck

THAT is great customer service.

Unlike, say, Robotech.com. When I had an issue with my Sue Graham Shadow Fighter that I ordered from them, that arrived with a foot broken in 5 places, they NEVER responded to a single email. I got tired of trying to contact Robotech.com, and decided to contact the manufacturer directly. Toynami greeted me with the same result. Not a single response.

Go Yamato.

• 1 year later...

It doesn't sound like they would appreciate you posting it on a forum then