BEST of 2010

Ghost Train

as a Sony fanboy I have to say 89 was a good year for CD players with x7esd coming out aswell. Much like the PD91/3000 is yor dream the x7 esd is mine.

there is also SONY's answer to the PD-91, from the same production era, the CDP-707ESD;

CDP-707ESD27.jpg

CDP-707ESD20.jpg

CDP-707ESD24.jpg

Suggested Topics

Best:

1) Anime Series/Film/OVA that aired this year.

You know, I haven't really been watching much anime lately. Nothing really stands out for me. I haven't seen the Frontier movie yet.

2) Science Fiction Film

Going to go with Tron Legacy. Inception was good, but after I left the theatre all I could think of were the inconsistencies. I enjoyed it, but I had more fun with Tron.

3) TV Series
Never been much of a tv person.
4) PC/Video Game
There were a lot of great games this year. Minecraft and Fallout:New Vegas both stand out, but the highly underrated Infinite Space on the Nintendo DS was hands down my favourite game this year. I'm still playing it.
5) Consumer Electronic
Nothing I got. I'm still waiting for the 3DS.
6) Toy/Model/Action Figure/Plushie/Nendoroid or whatever...
There's a few contenders, but I'm going to wait until my 1/3000 scale Macross arrives to give a definitive winner.

... I sure miss the times where we put wood on everything :D .

PIONEER was actually pretty much the last CE company to ever feature wooden side panels

on their top products. 1999 was the last production year that ALL of their "ELITE" series

high-end components included wood sides, and 2001 was the production year of their very last

side-paneled product, the DV-38A DVD player...

actually, believe it or not, YAMAHA still does it for their Audiophile series SACD player and stereo integrated amplifier,

and i also recall a "High-End" manufacturer doing it recently for their amp,

but besides those rather isolated cases, nobody in the CE industry bothers with such elegant niceties

anymore, no matter how many thousand dollars they ask for their top gear...

but besides those rather isolated cases, nobody in the CE industry bothers with such elegant niceties

anymore, no matter how many thousand dollars they ask for their top gear...

That's because wood grain veneers on electronics is tacky as hell.

But I like tacky, and adhesive backed Wood grain vinyl is cheap. :p

That's because wood grain veneers on electronics is tacky as hell.

But I like tacky, and adhesive backed Wood grain vinyl is cheap. :p

it ain't "Tacky" IMHO, it adds a touch of class... :p

I don't know about "best", but here's my "favorites". :)

1) Anime Series/Film/OVA that aired this year.

Didn't watch anything new this year, so I'll step outside of anime (only just barely) and say Symbionic Titan. It doesn't really offer anything new, but it still manages to have a fresh and exciting vibe while hanging on to the classic "monster of the week" funk.

2) Science Fiction Film

Splice. Not a film for everyone, but the only scifi movie this year that didn't seem overly cheesy and intellectually boring to me. My favorite 'brainless' and fun scifi film of 2010 is actually Resident Evil 4. Oddly it's the best one of all 4 so far.

3) TV Series

BBC's Sherlock starring Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch. Simply an excellent and thrilling show. I loved the RDJ film, but this series beats it in every single way. My only complaint is that it's so short and that the cliffhanger ending of season 1 wont be resolved until this fall...

4) PC/Video Game

Lego Harry Potter. I can't justify this beyond saying I like Harry Potter and I have a completely insatiable love of the Lego action/adventure games (Batman is my favorite). This year Lego Clone Wars and Lego Pirates of the Caribbean are coming out so I've got a lot to look forward to.

5) Consumer Electronic

Nekobot flash drive from CollectionDX's Alen Yen. My consumption of consumer electronics doesn't extend very far.

6) Toy/Model/Action Figure/Plushie/Nendoroid or whatever...

Eek...way too many to choose from. I'll break it up into categories:

Japanese "High-End" toy - Yamato's VF-11C

Domestic "High-End" toy - Hasbro's AT-AT

Japanese General Robot toy - Bandai's SD Infinity VF-25

Domestic General Robot toy - Transformers Animated Rodimus

Grey-area-3rd Party robot toy - Knight Morpher Annihalator from MasterMind Creations

Japanese Plastic Crack - Lupin III Revoltech

Domestic Plastic Crack - Clone Wars Embo

Edited by eriku

• 2 weeks later...

there is also SONY's answer to the PD-91, from the same production era, the CDP-707ESD;

CDP-707ESD27.jpg

CDP-707ESD20.jpg

CDP-707ESD24.jpg

Thanks Shaorin, hadn`t heard of that player before. nice but I`m actually not a fan of wood panels.